Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] APRIL FOOLS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Never mind the merchandise sales. That’s a HUGE part of a touring artist’s revenue these days.

All that shit would have been produced and in trucks and shipped and ready to be displayed/sold by people there.

Venue’s usually get a 40% take on it, and that would be part of the cancellation fees.

And you’ve just pissed off the merch guys that aren’t making their cut from that show.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

yeah but he sang "Smoke a Little Smoke"

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sure hope he doesn’t traumatize his family in the future, by missing out on any important events like school plays, birthdays, or all those memories that you can’t get back.

#43 NatCH, Apr 3, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  4. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was a very shitty thing to do, and just because other shitty things have happened doesn’t make it less shitty.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... I could care less about the guy, his music, his fans, whatever... I'm just saying it's a shitty and selfish thing to do. But listening to that song RoTN posted, it seems to be on point for him and probably his fanbase. It's all about live in the now, treat tomorrow like it's 10 years away, little less left, little more right, all filmed with super slow mo with cars throwing dust in a farmer's field.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Back in the 70s, for some reason, truckers and CB radios were a thing. People who had never owned a truck had CBs in their homes. We had a neighbor who was a trucker, who came up with “handles” for everyone in my family. My handle was Oilman, from the time I tried to open a can of 3-in-1 with my teeth and wound up squirting it in my mouth. It took a lot of convincing a panicking 9 year old me that I wasn’t going to die.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not saying it's not shitty but the reason he gave is less shitty on my scale of douchebag things rockstars have done in the same situation. Never heard a bar of his music until just now and it sounds like all the other pop country out there. You can graft whatever you like onto that or his fans I guess. Ive never been a fan of the genre outside of the fact that it gets every box blonde smokeshow in the area into bare midriffs, daisy dukes, and cowboy boots which I do appreciate.

8. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It also gets every Jabba the Hutt pudding blob to wear the same outfit.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Needless to say in my fantasy rock band in my head we are popular enough that I'd only play tour dates on weekend nights so people could get as drunk as they wanted and not have to worry about work. Also, Id change up the song list every single night so no two shows were the same and then Id never announce we were going to play some songs off our new album Id just pepper them in randomly without saying so people didnt get up and go get beers. In any given song with any given instrument solo, Id pick it up and wail them out, so I could hit all the peaks of all the songs. We'd be a neo Grunge psychedelic funk band and Ana De Armas would be my live in nude girlfriend.

#49 Kubla Kahn, Apr 3, 2022
  10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That sounds super cool. But if you were to cancel a show three days beforehand because you felt like doing something else, you’d be an asshole.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wouldnt have to because Id be playing the Superbowl halftime every time the Bengals made it there in the Brady-esque dynasty Joe Burrow is creating.

12. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are some bands that do this. One of them is a big reason for the renaissance of multi-day camping festivals.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still miffs me when I went and saw GnR on their comeback tour that they didn't play Welcome to The Jungle as their opening song that night given it was at Paul Brown Stadium and which is known as The Jungle that is the unofficial theme. They played it third and looking at a tour setlist online had played the exact same playlist on almost every stop. Swap that song two places to first with an extended opening and solos and they could have melted every single persons brains in that place. Instead Axl changed outfits 32 times.

Multi day festivals are awesome though. Theyve been attracting better and better line ups the past few years. The Louder Than Life Festival has a solid 500 dollars worth of individual bands I want to see.

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You keep mentioning Axl Rose. I mean, call me crazy, but on the list of shitty things artists have done…

I’m just fuckin’ with you.

Yeah, I’ve skipped concerts I could’ve seen because I can look up setlists and find out if they change or if they’re locked in. Most big acts just do the same set night after night.

I opted not to see Tom Petty because he was touring his new album and playing only one or two classic songs. Then he died, that bastard, so I was disappointed in myself.

I know Phish isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and I can see why, but I enjoy going to shows when I have. I won’t follow them around the country, but I’d like to go to a two or three night run, because you truly have no idea what you’ll hear. And their lighting rig is fucking wild now.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s what most country music is. It’s like hip-hop now, where the artists are rich but still have to advertise they haven’t forgot about their “rustic roots”. So in order to blather about how they’re still in touch, they have to convey the constant message of “Just because my mansion has ten bathrooms doesn’t mean I stopped hating books.”

Church is a fucking asshole for doing this and deserves backlash. His pathetic “free concert” shit is something his team set up as damage control, he knows he’s a selfish prick for ducking over everyone’s plans. Learn to think about somebody other than yourself, you aviators-wearing hayseed.

#55 Crown Royal, Apr 3, 2022
  16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some bands I like enough or are good enough live that it doesnt matter to me if they play the same songs again. Foo Fighters played virtually the same show the two times I saw them. Id see Alice in Chains any time they are around. Same with Primus. The latter will usually do two sets one with their bangers and then one that is either a play through of a whole new album or like last year a play through of one of Rush's albums.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh and Church’s so-called “free concert” he keeps patting himself on the back to make up will be for 5000 people, not the 20,000 he cancelled on. So he’s still a selfish asshole, the entire thing should come out of his pocket.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

CB radio was the internet before the internet. “You mean I can just talk to some random person freely… without repercussions?” And right there, chat rooms were born.

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was, perhaps still am, Blackbeard. We all had CBs in our trucks in my late teens, early 20s. We did a LOT of drunk off-roading, we could talk shit to each other.

Look at all those trails and mudholes you can literally see from space, I could get to them from home without ever getting on a paved road.

Screenshot_20220403-173601~3.png

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone else got a HAM license? It blew my mind when I was a kid that we could talk to the people at McMurdo Station.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.