Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] CANADIAN THANKSGIVING [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yeah, dude. Hoooooly shit that is one bad motherfucker. You could not possibly kick somebody in the face harder than that. I’ve only seen a two-touch knockout once before, and it was possibly the scariest KO ever. It’s basically legalized attempted murder:

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FUCKING HELL.

That is top 3 all time KO's.

So clean. Such a slow fall.

Fucking hell.

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bill Burr hosting SNL tonight. It seems the live audience is not very familiar with who Bill Burr is.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven’t seen it yet. I’ll watch it tomorrow. But the typical SNL audience won’t really like him because he’s a real comedian and he’s funny. He doesn’t pander to the SJW crowd. So I’m curious why he’s hosting, but I’m glad he is.

5. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was hit and miss. But if you think he’s funny (which I do), then it was more funny than not. You can just tell the crowd is uncomfortable.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The night-night eyeballs and standing sway were amazing.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean he was knocked the fuck out. I still think Ive seen a couple of heel bones directly to the temple that looked 10x nastier.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They were uncomfortable because they’re used to safe, ass-kissing actors who use their safe writings and tired jokes. Fuck them. Burr is one of the very, VERY few last great comedians, and industry that will soon be dead.

9. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here’s the monologue:

The “woke white women” joke is the highlight, and the one that pissed off a lot of woke white women.

10. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Holy shit that was fantastic. You can hear the unease in the lukewarm applause.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Holy shit. That was the best opening monologue since Louis C.K.'s a few years ago. The audience isn't sure if they're allowed to laugh and they're not even on camera. The Rick Moranis bit got me pretty good.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Genius. We need more of people like Burr and Chapelle.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Had a lazy Sunday and watched the first two Child’s Play movies with the wife.

We’re people actually “scared” while these movies at any point when they came out? It’s a doll that’s 2 feet tall and walks like Cotton from King of the Hill. How scary is he supposed to be?

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

All of the sequels are played-for-laughs garbage. The first one was considered sort-of scary for it’s time because the original previews eluded to a kid committing the killings, not a doll. So the scene where he comes to life in the mom’s hands scared the fuck out of more squeamish film fans.

then of course, many people are unnaturally freaked out by dolls. Just like snakes, clowns and arachnids— they “do” something to a large selection of people that rocks them to the core.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im for anything that lets Brad Dourif have an easy paycheck. Friday 13th Movies Ive reseen as an adult and laughed at how bad they were.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He was awesome in The Exorcist 3, which would have been way more popular if it wasn’t an Exorcist movie.

Yeah, no kidding. I will say the most recent one (not the remake), when they brought the original kid back as an adult where he just keeps Chucky hostage and tortures him for fun was “good” in a meta kinda way.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There’s barely a scene in any of them that doesn’t look like it was shot on the first take. They’re all spectacularly bad, Corey Feldman was the only character you EVER gave a shit about. And even more— Jason just isn’t scary, especially when he became a comically invincible juggernaut.

There are not many good slashers, period. “Twitch Of The Death Nerve” and “Halloween” were the first two, they created all of the trends and nothing comes close to them. Scream had its moments, but once again— shitty characters who basically deserve to be killed. I like slashers on a nostalgia level because horror is my favourite genre, but there’s SO many. And they all play the same tropes, particularly the Final Girl rule.

A nice exception to the usual is Tobe Hooper’s “The Funhouse”. A perfect Halloween movie with a genuinely creepy feel to it. He also directed the first Texas Chainsaw which is still as harrowing as it’s ever been.

#57 Crown Royal, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never thought Scream was a true horror movie. It's more of a whodunnit thriller with a guy in a halloween costume and directed by Wes Craven.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Slashers are considered horror because of their intensity and violence level. But I’m with you: there is nothing “supernatural” about them, often it’s just some bitter, clumsy masked idiot angry because a prank was pulled on him, so all the athletes and hot chicks must pay.

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.