Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WDT :: Canadian Thanksgiving You Idiots :: NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Thankful that we’re not dumbass Americans who measure their penis size by the strength of their armed forces while half your country can’t afford health care.

2. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But we can afford your defense. So it’s a trade off. Give us healthcare!

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That would require the paying of taxes. I have been to rich neighbourhoods in Michigan that chose not having sidewalks and streetlights over paying taxes.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh good call. Michigan is the perfect state to use as an example of responsible, efficient government spending. Especially Detroit.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Where do Americans get the idea that you provide for our defense?

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

If I remember correctly aren't your special forces some of the best and most respected in the world?

On an unrelated note, anyone watching the McGregor fight tomorrow? I'll be smoking a few lbs of drumsticks, marinated in olive oil, liberal amounts of fajita seasoning, and some chili powder.

7. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

59A77B48-5B87-4C71-A7D2-7109C85EE555.jpeg

8. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

NATO expenditures, for one.

Do you think you could stop Russia from rolling over your territorial claims in the arctic if America declared they wouldn't intervene?

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Not to get too political in the drunk thread, given how trump has been in regard to NATO, I think russia would have already taken it if they could/wanted to.

Just coming to the defense of the Canadian military here. They're near the top of a long list of people I wouldn't wanna fuck with. JTF2 is no joke.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There's a difference between financial commitment and capabilities. It's naive to just look at the "give us 2%" request as what is required.

And yes, I think we could, because Russia is nowhere NEAR the fighting force they were in '49 when NATO was formed. Right now, the biggest threat to the US, and potentially NATO, is by having that orange-haired Muppet in office who is bought and paid for by Russians. On top of that, we BOTH support and contribute to the defence of North America.... the DEW line that transitioned into the North Warning System was built and is manned by both countries is but one example. I've never heard any US armed forces member talk shit about Canada, our capabilities, or our commitment to the US.

But to RoTN's point, let's not derail the WDT with bullshit politics or "fuck you" flag-waving... it's supposed to be a fun place to hang out and talk shit, in a "laughing with you, not at you" way. If you want to talk MAGA, keep it in the politics thread.

If you want to keep up the "fuck you we're the US and the best in the world at everything and fuck everyone else" shit, then fine... but it gets fucking old in a really big hurry.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

*Checks our WDT on a Friday night*

[​IMG]

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, fun times today...

Winterized the yard. You know... blew out the irrigation lines, took in all the hoses, cut the grass for the last time, and on and on.

It's getting closer and closer to freezing at night... like only a couple degrees away.

Looking to just relax and catch up on some Netflix and other series that I haven't seen in a long time.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Back on topic, anyone have a favorite rub or marinade for chicken legs and thighs?

I'll be smoking those few lbs over oak on my off-set tomorrow before the fight, and now I'm thinking I might change it up from my usual deal of fajita seasoning seasoning.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Open-Season-Spice-Blends/734151.uts

The Blackened seasoning is the best I've tried in years. It is my go-to for salmon, chicken, roasted potatoes... it's awesome.

I usually buy it 4 at a time.

15. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've always been a fan of soaking chicken overnight in Italian dressing before grilling. Don't know how it would turn out on a smoker, though.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That works out insanely well.

I get all my chicken in bulk from Costco and vacuum pack it in the freezer. I usually pre-season it in the vacuum pack, and some I use that blackening seasoning I posted, salt and pepper, cumin and cilantro, and others I'll just dump some Italian salad dressing in there... turns out fucking awesome.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I like to smoke it for an hour or two until it gets basically to temp, and then toss it on my infrared grill to make the skin crispy. I smoke everything with oak, maybe it's a texas thing, maybe it's just personal preference. If you've never done it before though you're missing out.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Am I the only one that can't deal with cilantro? Anything made with it, the taste of the cilantro overpowers everything.....kind of like a drink with tequila, it doesn't enhance anything, it simply takes over and says "Fuck you! I'm the alpha ingredient."

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Apparently there are about 30% of people who have a weird reaction with cilantro... it just tastes like ass to them.

I used to work with a guy who was like that, and he hated when we went to the authentic Mexican taco shop a few doors down, because it was a crap-shoot for him as to whether or not he'd enjoy his lunch. Even when they said "no cilantro", and it had some in it, he could tell right away.

That sucks... as I quite like cilantro.

20. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was in the 90s here today. I really just need temps in the 70s at least so my hair will look decent for more than 13 minutes. And I'd make do with even colder weather if it means that the Florence mosquitoes (that are fucking huge and ruthless) would die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.