Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WDT :: Canadian Thanksgiving You Idiots :: NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What... are you driving a mining truck or something now? Do tell....

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I think it tastes like soap. Most of the time.

In stuff like salsa, or on tacos, or tortilla soup with some lime, it's fucking orgasmic. But it's like once it gets to that tipping point of too much cilantro, like some mexican food places do with their homemade salsa, it tastes like eating a bar of Dove.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    That's interesting that such a high percentage of the population has a similar response to cilantro.

The only other food I have a natural reaction to similar to cilantro is raw tomatoes. I can eat spaghetti, salsa, etc....no problem. But if someone puts a raw tomato slice on my hamburger and then removes it, that's all I can taste as soon as I take a bite. And raw tomatoes give me the dry heaves, so it's not pretty.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

That's actually a pretty good analogy.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

"Tastes like soap" is a common reaction to cilantro for those types.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Maybe there's some kind of correlation? Because I'm the exact same way too. When I say no tomatoes on my burger, I don't mean take them off, I mean don't fucking put those demon slices to on begin with. Even when they're removed from something, they still leave their devil cum all over the dish, and that's the worst part. All seedy translucent juice is why they're so horrible to begin with, and it's like that shit has static electricity the way it clings to everything it touches.

Of course, salsa (cilantro and all) might as well be a food group in our house, and ketchup is tolerable under the right circumstances. Spaghetti sauce is awesome, especially when it's homemade. But fuck you and your mother if you try to fool me with that "chunky" spaghetti sauce or chunky salsa. I'd rather give a blow job to a branding iron than bite into a raw tomato. I get looked at weird when I go to a restaurant and order a BLT minus the tomatoes. Yeah, that's right, I want a fucking bacon sandwich -- the way it should be.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

That's what I'm wondering. There's only two foods that evoke a reaction from me and that's cilantro and raw tomato.

My whole family loves cilantro and tomatoes, but for whatever reason my taste buds have a negative reaction to both of them.

And yeah, I've ordered a BLT minus the T more then once too. Bacon, bread, lettuce and mayo = awesome. Add a tomato slice and it becomes inedible.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I think it might be a combination of texture and bitterness.

Because there are a lot of vegetables that I simply can't eat. Squash (of any kind), zucchini, peas, overly-cooked green beans/bell peppers (they have to be cooked al dente, with a bit of crispness to them). Cabbage is great as sauerkraut or in coleslaw and I should put my recipe for that in the cooking thread, but oven-cooked cabbage tastes like salted soggy newspaper.

If you like BLTs minus the tomato, you gotta try making BLT dip (minus the tomato). I do it for parties like the superbowl and stuff, but it's also delicious spread on a bagel.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Cilantro has no more texture then parsley. (Funny enough, I tend to eat parsley garnish. I like it) So I don't think it's the texture that makes it taste like ass.

In other, non food news....I probably mentioned here that when my car arrived the driver admitted to breaking my driver's side mirror because he tried to adjust it. The car had been sitting so long that dirt dobbers had built a nest in the housing and when he went to adjust it, the internals broke. At that moment, I didn't care. It'd been 2 months since I'd paid for the car and I just wanted my car. Now I care. Having a driver's side side view mirror would be kind of neat. I mean I have one, but it's either pointed at the sky or at the ground, neither of which is a useful position.

My Z is a low option car, meaning I have manual side view mirrors. I've been trying to find a correct color mirror assembly (In the manual configuration) since I got the car. I've found a few power mirrors in the correct color, but nothing manual. I think I found one tonight. I asked for more pictures of the housing to make sure the color is correct and that it is a manual adjustment mirror. I hope to hell this works out....it's going to cost me a bit more initially, but it's going to be OEM instead of a questionable aftermarket part that I have to pay to have painted.

10. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RotN, the key to all poultry is brining. 4 hours, very salty water, then rinse it well. When it is dry, a bit of evoo, and any spice that suits you. I like this one:

Attached Files:

11. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I would go on and on, but, like Crown, it's my birfday, and I am so so relaxed that I am having issues with focusing.

GL though man.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Ended up going with some HEB-brand fajita seasoning (which is absolutely killer, if anyone gets the chance to try it), some extra virgin olive oil, and a little lime juice for the chicken legs. 6 lbs for $5, couldn't say no. Gonna let it marinate for a few hours then smoke it at about 350 until up to temp and the skin is crispy.

13. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

15. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, nothing that exciting. I'm training to drive school bus. The hours will allow me to pursue other creative endeavors and still make a decent living. And the benefits package is pretty lucrative.

But it's a lot to learn, and a shit ton of responsibility.

16. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A client of mine just retired from a 30 year school bus driving career. Yep, pretty good money, benefits, retirement and a chance for overtime on sporting events. Kids can be a problem and parents can be worse. Good luck.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

A CDL is no joke. You literally have to learn everything about every part of every vehicle you might potentially drive. Never mind that you're just gonna drive a school bus, they require you to learn the techniques of breaking an 18 wheeler without chained tires on ice in the damn tundra.

Oh, and if you get caught speeding, even in your own vehicle on your own time, and the cops learn you have a CDL, you can say goodbye to that CDL.

You have my complete respect. Good luck. You have bigger balls than me.

18. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In California, if you have a CDL the amount of alcohol in your blood in which you are presumed drunk is .04 as opposed to .08. That rate is whether you are pulled over driving for work or on your own time. You have my respect. It is a job that is important and not easy with a lot of government oversight.

19. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love this so much. Also, Exit Through The Gift Shop is a pretty interesting watch on Netflix.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

As someone that has had a CDL and driven interstate, it's not quite that bad.

Yes, you do need to know a bit about the mechanicals of the truck, mostly how to adjust the brakes.

No they don't. Not even anything remotely like that. You do have to be able to parallel park a tractor/trailer though. That's kind of a pain in the ass.

No. Where are you getting this shit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.