Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WDT :: Canadian Thanksgiving You Idiots :: NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have a CDL, and the only thing something like that affects is your insurance rates for your commercial gig.

Mind you, getting a DUI or reckless driving, while driving non-commercial, will fuck you right up, and odds are you'll lose whatever driving gig you have.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not really... you just need to get the appropriate air brakes endorsement for whatever it is you're driving.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Just another reason I hate playing the car parts game. The seller was asking twice as much for his mirror as an aftermarket part, but I was more then willing to pay the extra for an OEM, painted housing. To the sellers credit, he did provide me with additional pictures. The extra pictures showed it as a seriously fucked up, needs to be repainted piece of shit. Back to the drawing board.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

UFC post-fight interview with winner
    Derrick Lewis was solid gold!

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was the craziest ending EVER for a UFC event. Christ. Talk about bad blood.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Jesus. I guess Brendan Schaub was right. After all that, Khabib might be banned for life. What an idiot. Plus the dick head that jumped in and hit Conor after the fight. What a pussy.

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks to all for the supportive comments and rep. And thanks for not busting my balls for posting in this thread and not the Rant and Rave topic where I'd meant to.

For the road test I had to learn every working part of a school bus only, which, for someone with limited mechanical knowledge was a daunting task. But I caught on fast, surprising myself. As for other vehicles, I had to know the laws, but from here on will only be tested on the vehicle I intend to drive.

The road test will be 3 hours including pre trip, skills (parallel parking, etc.) And then actual driving in traffic. There is an 80% failure rate right now. ( No wonder there's a shortage of drivers in NY. ) I've been told to fully expect to fail the first time. So the idea of hauling 60 kids doesn't frighten me... yet. I'm too fucking nervous about the road test to think beyond it.

And whatever the laws, one DUI and they WILL terminate my ass, so that's on my mind everytime I go out for a drink now.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You did post in the R&R thread.. I quoted it here because I was intrrested.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

How many times have you listened to CW McCalls “Convoy” so far?

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

After promoting Conor’s behaviour as “hey, he does what he wants” his entire UFC career, Dana White will only be proving what a bias cunt he is if Khabib gets punished for this.

I hope Khabib retires right now. Takes his record and tells everyone to go fuck themselves. The only person he wants to fight is GSP, and it seems they’re the only two talents worthy of each other.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah, Khabib is a punk and there’s no excusing the dolly incident, but the whole thing is a product of the two of them. Dana White cares about money and promotion, primarily, and little else.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

White needs to either be a boss or hire somebody who fucking will be. Stop fake-getting between fighters at weigh-ins —-as if you’re the only one who can separate them— and regulate your fucking company.

Fight fans are gravitating to the formerly silly Bellator for good reason. They now have world-class talent and treat/regulate their fighters better.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Dana is 100% a promoter, and he's not going to stop this any time soon because it fucking sells tickets. The dolly at the bus footage was even shown in the promos for this fight. That's why he did the Floyd and Conor fight... didn't do fuck all for MMA, but it made a shit-ton of money for him and the UFC.

The difference is that Conor is a wannabe thug, while Khabib is fucking Russian Mob, and he took this shit personally. Conor "talked smack" to Khabib, but I don't think he truly understood just how real Khabib took that shit.

Khabib doesn't give a fuck if he fights again... he's even said that he's probably going to retire after this fight.

As to Bellator? Meh... they're doing better, and are growing, but if you think that the UFC still isn't light years ahead of them, you're wrong.

One of the big problems (for the UFC) is that MMA in general is an elitist sport. Not that the fighters are elitists, but that the fans are. It takes knowledge and education to understand the fight. That's why WWE is so popular... it's pretty fucking obvious what is going on.

This kind of shit, as much as individuals in charge will speak out about it as being wrong, will bring in more viewers, and more money.

If you take a look at the DC/Jones bullshit, or the fact that Conor hasn't fought in years, or CM Punk, etc, you can see that the UFC doesn't give one fuck about "fighting"... they give a fuck about promoting.

Right now I have to think that Dana's thinking is along the lines of, "holy shit I can't believe you did that... holy shit you shouldn't have done that... holy shit I'm so glad you did that".

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Dana is a money man. Bad and good, he knows what sells. Nobody can deny that. I just wish he could make up his mind on what sort of promotion UFC is. It has way too much “pro wrestling” stuff that attracts idiot fans: the musical entrances, the countless shouty promos, the “villain” fighters. These factors are some prime examples of why I can only watch MMA at home: their fans are intolerable. Not as in “they’re annoying” but as in “they should be euthanized”. It’s like hanging out with a high school football game right after winning in overtime, all the time.

And you’re right about “elitist fans”, that’s for damn sure. And some of them seem that are pretty convinced they know more about fighting that anybody else in the UFC. I once listened to this guy for half an hour describe how Lyoto Michida studied fake karate, and he personally could name five acquaintances who could beat him in a “True Karate Rules Fight” whatever that means. He was telling me this when Michida was a 13-0 world champion. Seriously.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Part of the problem is that the whole roster is too full. It used to be that you could name the top 5 guys because there were only a few standouts. Now that the popularity and training has caught up there are 40 "top" guys all crowding the various weight divisions. There are also fights seemingly every 2 weeks now, so it's harder and harder to get a good card put together that will be a big, money-making draw.

When the fighting abilities become equal, they tend to then sell the fighters.

I haven't heard about the numbers on last night's fight, but I have to think they were fucking huge. GSP comes out for Khabib, and the various forums were so evenly split and it seemed like everyone had "their" side.

That animosity and pre-game theatrics definitely sold the fight to the masses way more than if it wasn't there.

And look, we're here talking about it.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Biggest surprise of the night.

"Hey Joe, remember the time that I was right?"

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

So this is cool. Video was taken from someone high in the stands at the fight. It's a lot better view of the aftermath than what you saw on tv.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

“Yea that was crazy. Jamie, pull up that video of that chimp beating up a zookeeper.”

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He won’t be appearing on Celebrity Jeopardy any time soon.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I regard to the whole UFC turning into WWE or whatever, well it’s working.

My wife, who has never willingly watched a sporting event ever, will fucking close down shop and dedicate the day to preparing a party if a ufc card is about to happen. She makes the kids go to sleep early and takes donations for those attending the ppv in the form of wine and/or more food.

Yes, it’s getting away from pure sport and more into the entertainment and promotion realm. Yes, it’s getting “dumbed down.” But it’s cool as hell to watch.

The ppv prices are going down so they are more accessible to more people. They’re putting more, good free fights on FS1 or wherever your local pre-fight channel is. They’re stacking the cards, and like we saw last night, they’re even race-baiting and going for low hanging fruit like fat powerful dude vs skinny athletic dude.

Still entertaining. I’m still gonna watch. I don’t think they’ll overtake the nfl, nba, or even baseball in popularity. But they can certainly be on an even playing field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.