Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] DST WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Tonight's treat becomes tomorrow's early wake up. I'm done with 5am wake ups. Done, I tell you.

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

*Laughs in parent*

You're not done.

3. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just jealous of all you parents whose kids have sleep schedules to fuck up. I think I've gotten more than 4 hours of consecutive sleep twice since May. Send help. My brain just doesn't work as well anymore.

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have fun. With my son I didn't get more then 2 hours of sleep at once for 1.5 to 2 years. I was a zombie for 2 years, I do not envy you in the slightest. I hope it gets better soon. We tried letting him cry, letting him sleep with out. Nothing worked, no matter what we did he would wake us up every hour or 2. Finally one night while my wife was on a graveyard shift i had enough and put him in his crib and let him cry.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Under advisement from kiddos pediatrician, we started sleep training at 8 weeks. Took 4 or 5 days of me and the baby both crying but it was done and it stuck. Took several more months to fall into something of a nap routine. My kid is so routine oriented that the naps must be abided by. Like a clock this kid crashes out when the next nap comes up. I don't even need to check the time. Well, except that DLS bullshit. We got pretty close to normal bedtime last night and are back on schedule today. Thankfully.

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ate spicy hummus.
    An hour later, I farted.
    That fart triggered an asthma attack, during a meeting in which I was silent (thank God), but on video.
    One of my coworkers noted my facial expressions and asked if I was ok.

I don't have the heart to admit the real problem here....

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Last night my wife and both passed out at around 8:45. We both woke up to the kid having a god damn blow out in his bassinet and then giggling. I thought we had been asleep for hours, but it was only 10 o’clock. Then it happened again at 1 AM. Then I woke up at 4 because the cat was meowing outside our room. I went to check and stepped on yet another mouse carcass with my bare foot. I’m exhausted.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The fuck are you feeding your kid?

Seriously though, that blows.

I don't know how you sleep at all with mice about. I felt mildly ptsd'y (it sounds dramatic but I'm not kidding) after we had evidence of a rat in the house.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well, the pediatrician suggested that he was lactose intolerant the way his sister was, so my wife cut out dairy completely shortly after he was born. That has been wearing thing for her, and in a moment of weakness, she committed the sin of having a scoop of ice cream.

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You all remember when hardly any of us had kids? When we all drank our faces off and made people cry?

We're all going to be talking about our grandkids one day and a few of you will already be being neglected by nursing home staff by then.

11. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love breastfeeding but baby would get cut off so quick if I had to quit eating dairy. @bewildered didn't you have to do that, too? Woof. No lattes? No skyr with granola? No gooey baked mac and cheese? Ugh your poor wife. What good is getting to eat 500 extra calories a day if you can't eat dairy? Please go buy her like 6 pints of decent non-dairy ice cream and tell her that the crazy lady on the internet says she's sorry. Truly though, my favorite are the ones that are coconut milk or cashew milk based. The almond milk ones are often a little too sweet and not rich enough. I am well versed in dairy free ice cream because I hang out with too many lactose intolerant people and vegans. At least the options have gotten 100x better in the last 15 years.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That's called "yesterday". Suckers.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The only reason she hasn’t lost her mind with the nursing/pumping routine is because she wanted him to get her antibodies in case he got sick. Our daughter was a preemie was sick all the time when she was an infant. Given that he didn’t have any symptoms when he had a COVID a month ago, it was worth it (or seemingly so).

I ate a delicious pizza in front of her last night, so I’m not helping either.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

X2

15. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I still kick around the idea of having kids, then I read these exchanges and really can't muster up a reason why I would.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yep, had to 100% cut out dairy. Even trace amounts. Most prepared or processed foods have some sort of milk or milk derivative in it. Even some commercial granola my neighbor gave me. Its pretty nuts but the obvious halt to baby's symptoms was worth it. I was off dairy about a year before the GI gave me the okay to try it back. Everything is fine now. It was really hard at the time but you do what you gotta do.

17. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, if you aren't 100 percent sure you want kids, don't. I love mine but god dam does it suck for a while with some of them.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yeah, this. I knew I wanted mine but until you have one, the constant and never ending stressors are very underappreciated. It does get easier. I'm actually having a blast with mine today. Kid is hilarious and so smart. Infancy was basically psychological torture though. Sleep deprivation is awful and unavoidable unless you aren't in charge of raising your kid (live in nanny, not breastfeeding, etc).

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah, 100%. We had our first when I was 32, had a house and financially secure. It was still the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I have zero regrets, but it’s definitely not for everyone. And a second kid is not twice as hard, it’s 5x as hard.

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It comes back around as the kids get older. I’m now free to drink my face off and make people cry at will. I’d rather do the former, but some things can’t be helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.