Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] DST WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And then one of your kids splits from their partner and moves back home with your grandkids and the whole cycle starts all over again. Just in case anyone with kids thought they'd see the end of the sleeplessness. bwahahaha

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're gonna be one of those in the nursing home. They'll sell your Airstream to fund the mediocre care you'll receive.

3. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve been through that process. That airstream won’t even get enough for a year of shitty care.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Ha... highly unlikely... I'll be the idiot that slides off a mountain pass to be found after the snow melts... or be eaten by a bear while fly fishing.

5. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuuuuck, man. I felt this in the depths of my shitty broken down bones.

Just today, the youngest fruit of my loins managed to take his pants off, pull them inside out and put both legs into one pant leg. He can't really talk in full sentences yet, so I got to hear him shrieking "DADDY STUCK!", repeatedly from the playroom, while I was making dinner a full floor up. I have already lost my 6 year old to an iPad, and I'm going to apologize to my mom for being addicted to my Nintendo the next time I see her.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

lol, I hear this a lot. What they don't account for is the several hundred thousand per kid that I've saved. I'll be able to afford a buxom blonde to wipe my ass for a long long time.

7. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm very curious/anxious to see how difficult it's going to be with our second one. My daughter will be five and a half when he's born in February, so she'll be able to help, play independently, etc. I'm not expecting it to be a cake walk (and it may be a complete nightmare), but I feel like our choice to not have two kids in diapers at the same time and space them out may take some of the pain away.

The lack of sleep, though. I don't really remember what it was like, but I expect it to be brutal now.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

you’re doing it right. My boys are 3 years apart and it was the best decision ever. My brother has two daughters in diapers and looks like he wants to slit his wrists every time I see him. My boys are now 4 and 7 and best friends. They’re easier together than together. Older one helps with the younger. Aside from the initial sleeping stuff, and they were both premees so there was some nicu challenges, aside from that it was easy compared to what I’ve read on here, which is why I’ve tried to stay out of the commiserating because I can’t really.

they drive me crazy sometimes, but I wouldn’t change anything. Having kids is bar none the best decision I’ve made. Or at least that’s what I keep telling myself.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

We had just gotten the girl trained on the potty a few weeks before the baby was born. It was totally worth it. She regressed after we brought him home, though. She would do shit like walk into the bathroom and piss her pants in front of the potty, but she got over it. Your kid is 5 so she shouldn't have that issue.

10. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I never know whether to laugh my ass off at kid conversations or feel extremely guilty.

Other than a brief 3-month stint between 6 months and 9 months for my daughter... both of my kids have always slept through the night with no issue. Like, come home from the hospital and sleep seven hours at night immediately.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm already prepping Thanksgiving foods. The grocery store was out of turkies so I had to make a special trip to another place yesterday to pick one up.

Everyone wants a different type of potato dish this year. It's the year of potatoes. Sweet potato casserole, garlic mashed potatoes, cheesey scalloped potatoes.

12. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You spelled “best thanksgiving ever” wrong. Except for the sweet potatoes. Gross.

13. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I certainly remember, and all the spare money I had too.

I love my son, but sometimes do wonder if I'd love a Porsche, and regular trips to Spain just as much

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I will fight you over sweet potatoes. No, actually.... more for me. I don't have to share.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

dressing is where it's at

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I feel like you’re one of those people that puts marshmallows on top.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Nah man. Pecan praline topping.

18. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have to pick up 10 turkeys this weekend in preparation for Thanksgiving orders that I'll be doing on the smoker the weekend before the holiday, so I hope to god they're not out here...

19. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stuffin muffins. You make your regular stuffing/dressing mix, but instead of putting it all in one big pan, you grease up a muffin tin or two, scoop into those and bake in the oven. That way nobody has to fight about getting a crispy edge piece and everybody gets their own without complaining about someone else taking too much.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm going off from the traditional on this menu item and trying a cauliflower stuffing recipe this year. Making some turkey "sausage" to go in it as well. I season lean ground turkey heavily like sage sausage, it's a actually pretty good. Might also add some swiss chard stems for earthiness since some people in the review said they added mushrooms and that it was good like that.

Just trying to incorporate more veggies in creative ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.