Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] FALL BACK DLST [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's been a pretty popular radio show in the area for the last 20 years but the main host/owner is pretty cocky always talking about how much money he has, how hot and young his wife is, lives the perfect life etc. He got a DUI over the weekend and the reddit haters have gone full deep dive on it. His story is that he had a few too many, feels terrible about it and has the full support of his wife yada yada yada.

Public records show he blew a .35!! His wife was arrested the same day for domestic violence for the 3rd time and they've filed for divorce twice and twice recalled the filing.

2. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

.35 and the legal limit in California is . 08. I am impressed that he was even concious at that. It probably shows what a tolerence he has developed to alcohol over the years of being an alcoholic.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't find a chart that would get you that drunk in an hour. The highest I've found is 160lb guy (he's 170) would have to drink 10 drinks in an hour to reach .23 BAC

His wife was arrested around 4pm, I'm guessing either he was already drinking or just started chugging after that and then decided to go for a drive for some dumb ass reason.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can't recall the last time, if ever, that I've been to the Atlanta's airport but a quick google search says it's extremely easy to navigate from multiple websites.

From reddit
    "All I ever hear is the constant complaining about how confusing the Atlanta airport is. “I’m so lucky I made my flight this place is a mess!” “This place is a disaster and the people working here should be fired!” “Why is TSA so long, this is just ridiculous!!!”.

Literally, you walk in on either the North terminal checkin side or the South terminal side. Then move in to the center of the MAIN terminal for TSA. Move forward down on to the plane train. Ride to your concourse. Stop at A. If your ticket say C13 don’t get off. Stop at B concourse. Don’t get off. Stop at C concourse. Get the fuck off and ride up the escalator! The whole airport is a straight line!! It’s a straight line!!! Many other airports are horseshoes. Or spider webbed… ATL is a straight line!! The TSA lines are long sometimes cause it’s the busiest airport!!"

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

yeah it's that whole "getting to the main terminal" that's the issue. We've flown into, flown out of, and had layovers in ATL too many times to count. Each time was it's own horrifying adventure. If you're flying into ATL, assuming you hit the trains correctly, it still takes a good half hour at least to get to the rental car place. Walk over here, then go up to this level, then train over here, then oh yeah this is under construction so figure out your own way around, then look for this sign which we pinky swear is in the right place this time. I mean it's possible, it just takes forever. I'm a very patient traveler, but fuck getting out of there.

It's when you're leaving from atl though, that the fun really starts. "Just follow the signs." Yeah did you know they contradict one another? Sure, you can always loop around, once you've found out where the hell you're supposed to go, but that loop also takes for-fucking-ever. And where you drop off, if you miss the opening in the construction cones (which isn't marked, btw), you get to go around again. Last time we flew out of ATL it took me over an hour to return the car and get to the ticket counter, once we were in the airport complex.

Traveling through atl, on a layover or whatever, isn't bad logistically. Super easy to navigate once you're in the actual airport itself. It's just that everyone working there ran out of fucks to give about three hours before you showed up.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The last time I flew through Atlanta, I cried at the customer service counter.

7. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The last time I flew through ATL it was a breeze. We took the train to a different concourse to eat at Chicken + Beer and it was honestly the best airport dining experience I've ever had (low bar, but still). Thanks Ludacris!

The Newark airport though... 0/10 stars.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Breathalyzers are VERY fallible.
    That guy had probably just taken a shot or two with no chaser and drove off.

The "no chaser" part is key.

I have no doubt that guy was already way over the limit to drive, but I don't think he actually had a .35 BAC.

Back in the "Bad 'ol days" (mid aughts), I had a breathalyzer on my car (before I knew how to bypass it!).

Well, I tried some experiments with it, and things like rinsing your mouth out with water before you blow can lower your results.
    Of course, if you're really drunk, it won't get you below the legal limit, but anecdotally, it did work for me once.

My Camaro was hit by a guy who ran a stop sign, and I had been drinking. I chugged/ gargled some water I had, and I passed the breathalyzer test. I SHOULD NOT have passed.

I'm just waiting for @thevillageidiot to show up, screaming that those tests are infallible.

IF BREATHALYZER TESTS ARE INFALLIBLE, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE BLOOD TESTS AS BACKUP.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh yeah, Heartsfield-Jackson airport is a piece of cake. Simple floor plan, straight as an arrow.

Look at that simplicity. I get calm just looking at it:
    IMG_3245.jpeg

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We try to fly out of our own hometown for vacation at any opportunity. Nett can confirm this— London International Airport is a ghost town. A small terminal with the biggest runways on the continent, and halfway between Detroit and Toronto makes it ideal to fly out of. If we fly to Mexico or Florida or out west, we are the only flight in the airport that day. You walk in, instant check-in, fast security and a quiet, clean waiting area for a flight. You can’t ask for more. On arrival, the exit is fifty feet from the luggage treadmill. It’s a breeze.

And on the topic of Toronto v. Detroit— ALWAYS Detroit Airport. Cleaner than you think, low traffic, and a very cheap and convenient “Park-n-Fly” to keep your car in when you go away.

FUCK Toronto Pearson. It’s clean, but you have no choice but to use a deadly highway to enter it, it’s always insanely busy and everything in it is designed to rip you off. Prepare to pay $25 an hour to park, and virtually no concession besides a Wendy’s and a poutine food truck in the basement. Fuck that place in it’s ASS.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

lol, what is that, terminal C? ATL is the busiest airport in the world, serving over 100 million passengers a year. That's terminal C. They have T-A-B-C-D-E and F, so they have 5 1/2 more just like that picture. They have 5 parallel runways, with a plan to add a 6th. For 15+ years in a row, it was named the most efficient airport. But, I'm sure they appreciate your feedback.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The efficiency isn’t what turns me off about airports, it’s the forced mixture of people, and the airport brings out the worst in so many. I don’t like people who get drunk before flights. The loud fat fucks yelling at their families to “hurry up”. The people who attempt to berate you for cutting in line when you are entering the separate priority check-in that you paid extra for.

When I was a kid my dad was a frequent flyer, so when we travelled he used the points he kept so we could use the Maple Leaf lounge Air Canada gives its higher-paying customers. Damn. If I could still use that place, I’d show up six hours early for a flight. Private airport lounges are the Tits.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

TSA pre-check is the way to go

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I’ve been through Atlanta numerous times with no issues. I feel like those saying how awful it is have never been through Newark, O’Hare or Denver.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Could be a state thing or rules have changed over the years but if you set your breathalyzer off in California, they can get you for another DUI because you tried to drive with alcohol in your system.

16. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, that sounds like something they would do in Commiefornia. My PO never said anything about it.

Anyway, is anyone else FUCKING HATING the time change?

I swear, every day this week, I wake up, see how bright it is outside, and instantly panic: "OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT! I'M LATE!"
    Then I look at my phone and go: "Oh... Right..."

Then once I get out of work, it's already getting dark, and I just have to accept the fact that whatever I was going to work on outside will probably have to wait until the weekend.

Please write to you congressman to stop the time change.

17. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Getting dark so early makes me tired. Every year I feel like this - I get done with dinner, it's been pitch black for 2 hours already, and I just want to go to bed.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My nerd opinion is that everyone should live on UTC at all times.

19. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I must be one of those crazy people because I don't the "fall back", at least not at first. I have a tendency to work on as much stuff around the property as I can and either end up completely exhausted and/or I lose track of time and don't get supper started on time. So then we end up eating late or just shovel in whatever is fastest. The early sunset is like a reminder to take it easy.

Then after about a while I'm over it completely and wish it stayed light later.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That totally clears it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.