Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] FALL INTO AUTUMN [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Binary, Sep 20, 2024.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Helene is about to fuck up Florida and half the Southeast.

Y'all hit me up if you have folks in the way, but most of the info I'll have is here: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#Helene

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know we all hate on HOA's but I kind of wish we had HOA in my neighborhood right now. Place a few houses down has had bedroom looking furniture and a refrigerator in the front yard for several months now. Just looks so damn trashy.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Call local heath department. Worked for my parents when their neighbor started doing this shit.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

this shit is absolutely no joke. I'm predicting another Mexico Beach landfall. Y'all are gonna be doing FEMA shit in places that still need FEMA shit. Unreal.

My parents are a bit south of Sarasota, bay side fortunately. They've heeded the warnings and gotten their shit together. Whatever gets damages can be replaced at this point. I keyed them on to those super absorbent socks to line the windows and doors with. Tampa Bay is gonna have an insane amount of water pushed up into it.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How is Truist Park going to survive, on the NW side of Atlanta? We need the Braves-Mets series to not get rained out, thanks.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Postponed, rescheduled as a double header on Monday.

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds pretty tame compared am to some of the shitholes here in my hometown. People don’t believe me when I tell them how nice it was 30-40 years ago.

It’s both amazing and sad. For me, it’s heartbreaking. But the majority of the people feel differently so, here we are.

The old folks I knew growing up must be spinning in their graves.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

anyone in the Florida area, specifically the panhandle/taint area, GTFO. The amount of water being pushed up into Tampa Bay alone is gonna be absolutely insane. Cities will be removed from the map when this thing makes landfall. Now they're looking at tropical storm/low cat hurricane conditions in Atlanta. That airport can suck a bag of dicks, but holy hell the rescue workers are in for one hell of a time

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think my partner is dead set on buying our next place in an HOA neighborhood. I am not convinced by any means, but we had a horrendous experience with a neighbor at the last place we owned. Nice neighborhood, quiet, well kept houses. We built our house so we were out there regularly, at different times of the day, for months, and heard nothing louder than kids playing basketball or lawn mowers.

Then this guy moved in, dropped a shipping container in his back yard, shitty, rusted out cars decorating the front and back yards, constantly revving the engine of whatever project car(s) he had sans exhaust, his kid rode a dirtbike in circles in the back yard for literally 6-8 hours at a stretch, they shot guns at all hours in a relatively dense neighborhood... Tried talking to him about the noise a couple times and was laughed off. Amazing how one douche canoe can wreck the feel of a whole neighborhood of like 40 houses.

I know how bad HOAs can be, but man, when a neighborhood completely changes because one asshole shows up, it makes you long for a bunch of persnickety tightwads who can wag their fingers and tattle to the lawyers.

10. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With gf's HOA, the dickwad runs the association and uses bureaucracy to fuck you over.

I had one dude follow me home in his car while I was on my motorcycle (that's an implied threat), and scream obscenities from the street. He got a call from DHS police because, well...that's a no no, and I was working from home.

His complaint was that I rolled through a stop sign and parked my bike on paving stones in gf's front garden.

I will deal with loud lunatics, that's why you can buy bedbug eggs online. HOAs are a nightmare, originally designed to prevent undesirables (African Americans, immigrants, etc.) From living alongside white folks.

The moment she sells this place, I am taking a healthy amount of my shits outside, ideally in a different lawn each day.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I can't imagine giving someone else arbitrary authority over my own property like that. It's bad enough I have an easement that I have to deal with.

12. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, there's a great joke in there, somewhere.

13. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree, and I had never even considered it until my experience.

But on the other hand, I can understand her fear - what do you do in the situation I was in except burning the guy's house down or shooting him?

Cops didn't care. Douchebag neighbor didn't care. The house we worked so hard on/for, the place that's supposed to be your refuge, and all you can do for nearly every waking hour is listen to the roar of various engines, the explosions of gunfire, and stare helplessly at rusting metal slowly accumulating just over your property line. Felt like a nightmare.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I get it. I'm sure there are plenty of HOAs we don't hear about on Reddit or wherever because everything is reasonable and there's no horror story to tell. Personal anecdotes are coloring my opinion. We lived in one when I was a little kid and my parents couldn't stand it. My dad would fuck with them by putting up increasingly tall HAM radio equipment, but eventually, it just go so annoying that at least half the residents left and moved to other places within the same town. But in the situation you describe, it's probably the ideal application for one.

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This hurricane is absurd. It's making landfall tonight 350 miles from where I live and it has been pouring here since 9am with the worst part for us not supposed to happen until 3am. Just a massive storm size wise.

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This marks the third day of rain here in WNC due to a combination of a cold front and influence from the storm. It's going to be bad here around daybreak. I'll be amazed if the power stays on.

17. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Y'all are going to get it worse. We're just getting the outer bands dumping rain and maybe 40mph winds, but this thing is like Hugo if you were around in 89.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Good luck you guys... hope everyone stays safe.

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit, I'm this guy. Except it's watercraft. Four jetskis, four boats and a camper you can see from the road, plus my three cars. I did buy my kid a Stacyc ebike so he stopped pissing off everyone about noise and dust. And I only shoot occasionally. I did get rid of the junk prius that was abandoned in my yard.

I couldn't survive an HOA, I'd need 20,000 square feet of garage with 12' tall roll up doors to hide all my stuff.

I don't have a ton of money in all those boats, most of it is older shit that I keep running... most of the time.

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh yeah, I remember Hugo. It was the first time a Hurricane came through my area still having a pretty good punch due to its rapid movement.