Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] FISH FRIDAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 22, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cosign. You have been warned.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure if you're doing a bit, and the South has more than it's share of fat people, but I've eaten at KFC my whole life and never been in one with an all-you-can-eat buffet.

KFC chicken is okay, since it's fast food. But I like to still eat there sometimes because they have alternate side options than most fast food places if you don't want fries. You can get green beans, mashed potatoes, etc. and also chicken tenders, instead of bone-in parts. There is one close to my office and it's usually fast, plus they have Coke now, instead of Pepsi.

3. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who hurt you? Popeye's is the worst fried chicken chain in the country.

As far as fast food, Five Guy's for burgers, and Schlotzsky's for a sammich.

If you stop at a Sheetz for gas, their made to order MTO sandwiches are pretty damn good. I'm fond of their pulled pork.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, I miss Schlotzkys. Need to see if there is one anywhere nearby.

If you pass a Del Taco, I'd stop for that.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It wasn't a bit. I stood there for like five minutes trying to figure out how to order a sane amount of food and failed. I watched a youth baseball team come in with the fattest little league coach I've ever seen, and I just saw a flash of their futures and I felt a deep sadness and left to go find a salad or something.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Understood. And, maybe I'm being unnecessarily pedantic, but that's not what all-you-can-eat buffets are. We do also have those around here, like Golden Corral or a couple local chains, including a Chinese one. But KFC is not all-you-can-eat buffet. It's not a buffet. I mean, it's all you can eat, if you're willing to pay for it, but so is every restaurant, ever.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently they're not as common as I assumed, and it appears I stumbled onto one of the rarities, but KFC buffets were definitely a thing.

8. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoever is saying Popeye's is bad, they are delusional.

Even in the few replies here it's never, "Popeye's chicken is terrible", it's always, this place has really good sauce or that place has the best mac and cheese.

I'll stand by my claim, Popeye's is the best fried chicken fast food place in the country, hands down, no arguments.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Damn, you people are throwing down. Nice.

So Hardee’s is good? I’ve seen that place since I was a little kid had no clue what they serve. My daughter wants to go to Sonic for the talked-about milkshakes old-fashioned window service— she watched Dazed and Confused and hit the roof over the idea of being served at your car.

#69 Crown Royal, Mar 27, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like mentioned above, I just have Carl's Jr on the west coast but they're the same thing. 10/10 would I recommend Carls/Hardees over Sonic. Some Sonic locations do have the old school window service but not all. I do know a lot of people like their slushies though. Might be a cool experience to find a window service, get a slushie and then head out to Hardees for some real food.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Popeyes tastes like someone siphoned the grease out of a port-a-potty at a construction site on a hot day. Fuck outta here.

12. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hardee's in the 80's was great. By far the best burgers and breakfast biscuits in my area. Hardee's now is shit. The breakfast biscuits are still pretty good but don't waste your time on their burgers. The ones around me are ghost towns after breakfast hours are over.

13. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The reason I am a Popeye's advocate is, they are one of the only fast food fried chicken places that uses real chicken, seasoned and marinated on site, and hand breaded / fried on site.
    Most of the other restaurants do some hand breading and some frying on site, but the majority of their food is refried on site and is premade before it hits the building.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Huh, well I did not know that. Fascinating.

15. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I know them, but I think they’re more of a southwestern USA thing. Interesting (and successful) concept: a gas station that allows no big rigs and has 23,487 gas pumps.

17. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bojangles does this, and they do it better. You live in New York, right? You should pop on over to Burlington, VT and try them out.

The only reason I would choose Popeyes over Bojangles is if we brought back stoning. I'd go buy a box of their biscuits to stone the sinners. They're dense, and dry. Left a little too long under the heat lamp, which they often are, they make great rocks.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope just South if you are driving to Florida you’ll probably pass one. I went to one the first time couple of months ago. Bathrooms are really nice. Brisket sandwich was underwhelming. Beaver nuggets were good but straight diabetes pellets. Jerky was good but nothing amazing enough to write home about or justify the prices. People just like the name and cartoon beaver.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Ah. I am now seeing they are outside St. Augustine and Daytona. I can see there’s one as far as being near “South Of The Border” but we aren’t coming through SC that way. Shame. Wifey loves cheesy roadside attractions and SOTB is hard to top.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

popeyes fried okra is legit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.