Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HALLOWEEN WEEKEND[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, I also learned a lot about myself when I saw Rocky Horror, too.
    That is, that funny shit is funny, no matter what your friends think about Tim Curry in 50’s lingerie.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Dewalt oscillating multi tool down to $99 (battery included). I feel like I accomplished something today.

**edit** here's the link

#62 Revengeofthenerds, Nov 2, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What are you going to use it for?

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

my honey-do list on trim work is growing, then after that it's a bunch of random ticky tack stuff it'd be useful for, then the big project of replacing all our kitchen cabinets. Backlog from when I wasn't able to do basically anything with covid/long covid/broken leg basically.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dave Portnoy being accused of sexual assault is one of those stories where my immediate reaction is "why are you printing this old story?" before realizing that it's a new story, and I had just assumed he had been accused of it in the past because, well, Dave Portnoy.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The weed drinks are great. Same high as edibles but without waiting two hours for it to hit.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yep, a weed beverage was the only thing that has completely stopped my back pain. It was fabulous.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I have Sip drinks or whatever they are at the dispensary near me. Haven’t tried it, but I feel like $10 for 5mg is pretty expensive. If I’m getting straight to the point, I have sublingual tinctures that’s about 1mg / drop. Hits in about 20 minutes.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Place by me has a 100mg bottle for about $30 IIRC

Hmmmm... might be partaking in some when I get home tonight.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's amazing how different a product can work even with the same dosage though. I've tried a variety of things but nothing worked as well as that blueberry tea. The drinks are definitely expensive though.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The place I go to only sells products made in MA, but I know they ship to other states too. If you can find it, Heirloom Collective makes some good stuff. Highly recommend.

12. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

A similar thought occured when I watched players on Ted Lasso warm up by jumping with their knees up. I'm like.... I need to start exercising.

14. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.thedailybeast.com/psilo...ing-medication-lexapro-according-to-new-study

Want to feel better? Get high. Who knew?

Mushies were legal in Bali when I lived there, and we did them a few times during the rainy season, because what the hell else is there to do? Learning they are more effective than fucking Lexapro, legal in DC ($100/7 grams), and I can order them online? Might be a distinct possibility.

My issue with edibles is you don't know what strains went into them. I'm no expert, but I don't want an edible to turn me into a zombie that eats everything in sight. My spot in DC has "juices" that aren't expensive by comparison (150-200mg 8 oz bottle for $15-25, depending on options), but it's like weed roulette. I feel dumb taking a shot of juice, but anything more and I run the risk of becoming a fucking space cadet.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

im on lexapro for ptsd and I’m not touching those with a 10 ft pole. Even with deta 8 I’m still very cautious, low dose kinda thing. The idea of having a bad trip scares the absolute fuck outta me — it’s happened once on delta 8 and that’s all I needed to confirm it was possible. Lexapro is a godsend, and the last thing I want is to try something that fucks me up permanently because I ate a bad cap or some shit. It would have to go through A LOT of testing to convince me. Like, covid-vaccine level, it’s-fucking-fool-proof level scrutiny.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shrug. PTSD and depression are different things. I'm not a doctor, all I know is the internet "research" I've done and some conversations with 5-6 docs over the past 4 years. My depression isn't the "lay in bed and do nothing" kind for the most part, and I'm very careful to maintain my high-functioning misery. The wrong kind of edible or the wrong dose, and I'm unable to move from bed/couch, and it takes me days to get back to a normal level of function....generally, not worth it.

In my case, the anti-depressant drugs scare me far worse: apathy, no sex drive, weight gain, and an increased risk of suicide are prohibitive. Not to mention the uncertain effects and time it takes for them to work.

I never had a bad trip on shrooms in the sense of an acid trip that was unpleasant or scary. I also think we did relatively low doses, in safe environments that was designed to pleasantly pass some time. I did a triple decker in college (mushrooms, acid and edible at the same time), and that got...intense for an hour or two, but again safe environment, with some supervision and a some trippy cartoons, and it was fine.

My doc & therapist have me on a 2 month/1 month rotation: if I have persistent suicidal thoughts and ideation near-daily for 2 months, we ramp up treatment for one month and if that doesn't help, I try meds, along with a few other interventions. Thus far, I haven't been close to that time frame. So, knowing at what level meds go from an option to a requirement is helpful for me to work against. It's kind of like mental diabetes: if I eat right, exercise, and do the things I'm supposed to do, I don't get worse, and I don't have to go on insulin. If I don't, or can't for a set period of time, I go on meds I really don't want to take.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Los Angeles is officially a housing project for GTA characters. Although I’ve always regarded it as the fakest place on the planet, I’ve never seen a social media influencer in their natural state even once— these guys see dozens just driving around town in L.A.

It’s hilarious how even MORE awkward and narcissistic these people are when caught in the act:

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Certainly excited about the possibilities but there needs to be a lot more research before I’d want to label it anything special. Medical weed was sold as a panacea by people that really just wanted to use it recreationally. Libertarian wise I support the latter more but would like to see real scientific research on each and rely less on the Joe Rogan types that want it more as a lifestyle.

Ive done mushrooms twice and each time at music festivals. Took too much and the crowds with loud, albeit soothing, music was too much for me. Went back to my tent each time chilled and had very positive experiences. Since it’s been a near total ban on testing I’d like to see if micro dosing is viable. Maybe, hopefully, there is a subliminal amount that can positively effect your brain chemistry like SSRIs do.

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3e0b682e-1.jpg 8e7dcb13-1.jpg 59ccf7a5-1.jpg IMG_20211104_212304_416.jpg

So somebody done fucked up last night.

20. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have taken delta-8 edibles, as they are legal here in Georgia (for now). I actually liked the high better than the one I got from marijuana edibles and found it to be more mellow. The only thing is that the next day they always made me feel kind of hungover, and I still had cottonmouth. Marijuana edibles did make me feel buzzed the next day too, but in a good way. I have heard that there are concerns over the way that delta-8 is processed, so I am hesitant to continue using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.