Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY 420 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Misanthropic, Apr 18, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just got home from a long week in Montreal, and my plan was to park my ass on the couch with some drinks and catch up on the Chinese grand prix and that flick. Sounds like I need to crank up the amount of drink in prep.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yeah.

You do.

It’s a shame, because when he’s just a director he can make some entertaining flicks. I still think the Dawn Of The Dead remake is his best film and possibly the best zombie film of the modern era.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do any of your family members make you shake your head and think "WTF?" I'm not talking the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving or the bible thumping Aunt, I mean close members that you love and want to see the best for them.

Some years back, my brother started dating a girl who was attractive but not a lot going on in the brains dept and even less in the potential income making dept. Whatever, they love each other yada yada yada. Over the years, his income exploded and hers continued downward due to the lack of smarts and now that she had him for financial backing, she also couldn't keep her attitude in check and was let go from several jobs. The last job she had was doing bookkeeping a few hours a day, a few days a week for a small biz. They recently got a divorce and she took him to the cleaners. They were married about 10 years and she walked away with about a half mil. So ~$50k per year of marriage with is ironic because she never made $50k in a year the entire time they were together.

Their divorce finalized about a month ago and the "WTF?" part is, is that he just proposed to his new GF who works at some entry level job for an auto service center. Call me a cynic, but the chances of the very first girl you date "being the one" immediately after a tumultuous marriage is very unlikely. In the span of 5-6 months, that girl went from living in a dumpy apartment to living in a $1.5M home with a ~$30k ring on her finger. Of course he had to out-do the ex's 2 carat ring This one looks to be in the 2.5-3 carat range.

They're going to come visit soon and we're going to grab lunch. He said she has a gluten and nut allergy so I suggested a new place called "Wheat and Peanut" which I found fucking hilarious but didn't even get a chuckle out of him. Whatever. That was funny.

#23 GTE, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I signed up for the community yard sale in the next town over. This was a huge mistake.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yes, but I'm pretty sure I'm that person in my family.

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My wife and I are going to do a yard sale this year. Luckily we both have a lot of retail experience. We’re gonna be ten steps ahead of the cheaters.

And we’re still gonna get cheated somewhere, I’m sure.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

London marathon tomorrow. I will be starting at 11:17 am (5:17 CST). Hope to finish under 5 hours, but my goals in order are:

1) enjoy the experience
    2) take pictures and videos for my boys
    3) not die
    4) not shit myself
    *big gap*
    5) finish time starting with a 4
    6) finish time on Sunday

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Good luck dude!

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I would revise that list slightly, by making a new one at the top:

1) Be in London

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

London, England

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I was one of two people to sign up and there was very little foot traffic. It was a flop. I made $40.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Awe man... sorry to hear it.

Hopefully it works out for you next time!

Did you take any pics of your setup? I know you've been working on your packaging so am curious what it looks like now...

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This was just yard sale stuff luckily - mostly kid clothes. My garage is full of junk and I'm trying to reclaim the space and make a little cash. It sucked because I had to only bring what would fit in my vehicle since this was a community event away from my house. If this event had reasonable turnout I would have sold a lot more but it was just a flop.

The weather is nice, I'm just going to be having yard sales any weekend I don't have other plans. There's a pretty good yard sale culture here.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

@Nettdata the event I'm gearing up for is mid May. If I only make $40 at that, I guarantee I will cry.

15. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't bother with garage sales, with the amount of time that goes into it vs what you make and having to deal with people, i either give it away or make a trip to the dump.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I donate some, and I gave all the first baby clothes away to one pregnant woman, but I cannot just toss so much stuff. I don't mind dealing with people, and we need the money. Eeking every bit of value of stuff is a learned habit. I'm not as extreme as my parents but I still tend towards that. My parents grew up poor as fuck and to this day, do absolutely ridiculous things in the name of frugality. They were cleaning up one of their properties after a renter trashed it and we're busy picking up the yard of nails.... And straightening them to use for later.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Doing a teenage girl’s laundry— new horror unlocked.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Today at the playground while I was wearing an oversized sunhat that screwed up my peripheral vision, I walked confidently into a metal bridge. Pretty sure there's no concussion, but I have a knot and a headache.

How's your Sunday going?

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just wait until you confuse her thong with your wife’s.

20. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have questions, but then again I'm not sure I want to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.