Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY FATHER'S DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 16, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, but rich people always want more. It's part of the reason why society/ the economy is in the state that it's in right now.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently the Navy heard an implosion on Sunday in the area as well.

In the fucked up world of civil judgements they’d calculate much more for the rich people because of the lost earning potential.

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking hate the state of news these days. Headlines reading “NAVY KNEW DAYS AGO,” and people I know posting screenshots of right-wing conspiracy theories saying the news was buried so that the search would distract from any Biden bullshit. But if you, you know; actually read the whole article, it says the Navy immediately told the rescue operation “hey, we have evidence that is consistent with a sudden loss of pressure event, but we can’t say for sure.” And also - why would the rescue team say “hey, we haven’t found a damn thing, but the Navy says they’re dead so they’re dead” or anything like that?

but of course, reading the entire goddamn article just makes me a sheep to the global elite, right?

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

But of course. I mean, think about the devestating effect it has on society to lose a heroic “job creator”.

5. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hopefully you were the guy in the truck behind the sunscreen with the AC going?

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Zuckerberg and Musk are having a pissing contest in which they've challenged each other to a physical fight. If we're going to allow these attention whores to stage this drama, we need to insist there be some real stakes at play. As much as I'd like them to fight to the death, I don't think they'll agree to that, but at minimum the rules should state that the fight doesn't end until there is at least one broken bone.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope, under the motorgrader, testing and ultimately removing the differential lock valve.

#147 dixiebandit69, Jun 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reading and reporting is fucked these days.

I see James Cameron has injected himself into the situation claiming all sorts of prior prognostications for this sub. Going on any show that’ll have him. I’ve seen Robert Ballard do one interview, that James Cameron was also on, and Cameron didn’t let him get a word in. Ballard has been pretty vocal about leaving the wreck alone.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

To be fair, James Cameron is a subject matter expert on this kind of submersible. Dude is LEGIT. He built his own for the Titanic dives he did, he dove in it many times, and is peer recognized as a leader in the field.

I have no issues with his commenting on shit.

And what he's said so far has been quite interesting... especially around the insidious nature of the carbon wrap build that Titan used, and his reasons for never going that route with his own designs and creations.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Curious to see what specifically he said about the carbon fiber design.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

CNN interview. It’s a multiple component construction unlike steel. Steel expands and contracts with pressure changes but handles it hundreds or thousands of times no problem, assuming no imperfections.

The carbon wrap is a multi layer multi agent thing that wears on itself as it expands and contracts, until such time as it’s weakened enough to fail.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not disputing he has the bona fides. Just a little put off by his more self centered take on some of the story and attention whoring. Having had inside info on the implosion noise and raising a toast privately to friends Sunday night for the lost crew. How he hoped and prayed it wasn’t true.

He’s loved and hated in the Titanic community with many blaming him for continued damage to the ship from tours like this keeping interest higher in the wreck site with the movie and documentary.

He’s a multi talented genius in many regards some of this just feels self aggrandizing.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I get your point, but I just don’t ascribe it to self-aggrandizing behavior.

I see it more that he is an expert in things that most people don’t get. He was out on a ship exploring when it happened, he heard it, followed up, and determined the correct outcome.

I think he was more commenting about all the mainstream media and stuff and just waiting for shit to die down and everyone else to catch up.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know it's bad when even Boeing is like "this represents an unreasonable safety risk."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.