Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HOLIDAYS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What kind of bum you going to be in the summer? Let me know if you choose boat bum, I'll give you some pointers.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fed Ex and Lululemon can both suck my fucking dick.

I've been expecting JJ's track suit for the past couple of days.
    Yesterday, I was working outside until about 7PM, well after dark, and it hadn't shown up.
    Too late for deliveries; no problem.

So I finish up, and go inside to start on dinner.

Jungle Julia shows up about thirty minutes later, comes in the door and says in an accusatory tone:

"I didn't know you shopped at Lululemon," and dropped a bag on the floor that had "LULULEMON " printed in huge letters on both sides.

Why the fuck did they have to package it like that? Why not just a simple bag with an address?

I've got zero fucking surprises for her now.
    Yeah, I think this Christmas is gonna suck.

3. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well since this is turning into one of my family summer picnics, all the old folks talking about our health issues and meds, I’ll add mine:

Happily, my 2D echo and stress echo were both negative. The cardiologist, who knows my family and our history well at first wasn’t going to order the CT angiogram to look at my coronary arteries. However as we discussed it, he sense my apprehension and said, “Lets just do it.”

I told him I trusted his judgement and if he didn’t think it necessary then ok. However he said he’d do it, if only for my peace of mind, “”If you were a 20 year old with no family history, I’d tell you to get the hell outta here,” he said. “But with your family, it’s not a bad idea.”

“Thanks Doc,” I told him. “ You know my wife, I’d hate to have to explain this to her.” ( For context, when she was an ER nurse she went toe to toe with him about patient care once or twice. Still, he’s one we trust. ) He laughed and didn’t disagree. Then we talked about the Bills.

I know I won’t live forever, but my grandpa died at 53, Dad nearly died at 49 and uncle in mid-fifties, so I want to delay that first heart attack as long as possible. I’ve had a black cloud over my head as I approach the big 5-0 and I feel like we’re getting close to clearing the skies a little.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If past is prologue, then I appear to be a hiker bum. I don't think I have the financial resources, nor the iron liver, to be a boat bum.

5. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Smart.

You recall the two happiest day in every boat owner's life, yeah?

6. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Walking? That's, like, that's just being a bum bum, an actual bum. No, mate, you need this in your life... Just live on it, and really embrace the bum lifestyle. Youtube can tell you how to fix it yourself.

Screenshot_20231223_082832_Facebook.jpg

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The day you buy the boat, and the day you scuttle the boat an in elaborate ruse to fool the East India Trading Company into thinking the vast treasure you stole from them was lost at sea instead of buried at a recoverable location marked with the letter X at the end of a long adventure?

8. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

See? I knew you knew.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Or, if you're Robert Wagner, getting rid of an annoying girlfriend.

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@Aetius current life is more like a hallmark movie than a domestic violence thriller flick.

Hotshot video game designer departs the big city for a simpler, small town life. I wonder if he's found the hometown beauty that just wants a good honest man that will treat her and her kid with the respect they deserve.

If you have, Aetius, don't give up on her. She's not playing hard to get, she just won't let anyone in until she knows they're genuine.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

If you want to make sure something will come in a box that doesn't say what it is, contact their customer service before ordering. Sometimes they'll have a solution, but sometimes it's coming from a warehouse so it'll say the return address as like "lululemon llc." As a general rule, around xmas time my wife and I just don't look at the labels. We see the other person's name, and give it to them. If you see where it's from, the surprise is ruined and that's 100% the fault of the person picking up the box. Don't want to know what you're getting? Don't be snooping around and let me grab the shit. I'll get a confirmation email saying it's delivered.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At the risk of sounding like an arse; what are you doing about it?

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm assuming it's extra bacon, extra butter with everything.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

15. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fair question.

I don’t smoke, and I walk a mile a day, minimum. My one remaining risk factor is my weight, which is something I have struggled with for as long as I remember, but I’m still lighter than I was at one time. Cholesterol numbers are good, better under the care of the cardiologist than my PCP actually.

All of this testing I’ve had has been precautionary, looking for that potential “ widow maker” blockage before it ( potentially ) lives up to the name.

Funny story: I mentioned family history to the lady doing my echo. She went on to tell me that’s not as much a factor as people think, etc. and I just went along with it.

During the next phase of testing the nurse came in and asked how my Dad was, she hadn’t seen him in a long time. I looked at the ultrasound tech, shrugged, and said “See?”

Sheeeeiittt … Bacon ain’t cheap, son.

Actually I eat pretty healthy, WAY more healthy than I did 15-20 years ago.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This belongs in this thread.

IMG_3321.jpeg

17. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Your excess weight is only a problem if you're not tall enough. I've seen the obesity formula on Dr Google.
    I've started wearing high heels until my growth hormones kick in again.

18. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So here in Sweden they do everything Christmas related on the 24th, then do fuck all on Christmas day.

As is tradition I spent hours making a yule log, only for dessert time to come and no one has any room for it.

yulelog.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@kuhjäger Only one pic loaded for me but god damn! That looks impressive!

@walt I had my blood work done last year and cholesterol was a little high but I was stressed, eating like shit and drinking too much. Blood work last July was even higher so I'm making some dietary changes, cutting back on the booze and getting some cardio in. Incline treadmill works great for me to get the heartrate up. Walking only gets it to around 90-100 bpm. Treadmill at 6* and 4 mph gets it up into the 150s. Will do another blood test early 2024 and see if there are any changes. Trying to stay off meds until I *have* to be on them.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Finally, after a third look, I figured that you did not have your pet hedgehogs hanging out on your yule log.

Serious congrats, that thing is a work of art!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.