Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HOLIDAYS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m enjoying this freskishly warm weather, that is a fact. 11 C outside (52 F) today with sun. There are insects flying around. I have never seen that on Christmas Day.

Last year it was what, 25 degrees colder at the same time with blizzards?

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This felt like a shitty Christmas for me and my wife. But in the end my kids don’t know that, and they had a great time so that’s all that matters.
    This was the first Christmas I spent without my parents. They drove their motor home to Florida for the winter and didn’t feel comfortable driving back in the winter. They have a dog, so they can’t fly. It just kind of feels empty without them.
    But the actual sad part is that both of my wife’s parents died last year. She was estranged from them. They were pieces of shit, but they were still her parents.
    Half of the Christmas movies have some plot point about dead or missing parents. My kids just want to watch Home Alone. And I can see it in her eyes how sad she is when Kevin tells the old scary guy to call his son. Her dad never called her. And now he never can.
    We were preparing to move to be closer to friends. And then my work decided I had to come back to the office. So now I have to find a new job if we still want to move.
    We have the next week off and no family to spend it with. We are doing staycation stuff like museums. I would kill to just be able to sit down with my parents and eat a dinner. Of course I can’t talk about that because they aren’t dead. Blah blah.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know you were all waiting with bated breath: the fried pies went off without a hitch.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Sorry to hear about it dude. I hope things work out and you manage to have fun anyway, even if it's different than what you were hoping would happen.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Congrats! Did you have to work out any stuffin-muffin tray math?

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dinner was prime rib, so stuffing was unfortunately not on the menu.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aaaaaand Jungle Julia hated the Lululemon track suit. Wouldn't even try it on.

I swear, I hate Christmas more and more every year.

8. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

I messed up the roast last night. Turned in to what was the drier, beefier equivalent of pulled pork. Flavour was great, but the texture could have used some work. Garlic mashed potatos was top notch though. Veggies from the roast were limp as my dick sadly.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Gravy is your friend. If your veggies are fucked, blend them up and add them to the gravy, and grab some frozen veggies to replace.

10. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I also did prime rib, but the best part is that if you do it in the sous vide, you only need to throw it in the water, then finish it off in the oven many hours later, leaving you the ability to get good and day-drunk in between.

IMG_20231225_175334_454.jpg IMG_20231225_175334_522.jpg

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Dayum! Nice job!

Prime rib is hard to find here right now, but I have a couple in the freezer thanks to going straight to a farmer for some of my beef. Crazy cheap, and fantastic quality.

Meanwhile, the fucking dog just got nailed FULL ON by a skunk.

Fuck me.

Drunk me was just looking to go to bed. Now it’s going to be 45 mins of me trying to get my dog to stop smelling like ass.

Merry Fucking Christmas.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I like to do mine in the sous vide as well, and if big enough, finish it on the bbq rotisserie with the highest heat possible. Bark up the outside while keeping the inside a glorious med rare.

13. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd wear it around her purely out of spite

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The wife's cioppino turned out well even though she almost had a mental meltdown making it because she was trying to make the cioppino while making another complete meal for her son because he said he doesn't like seafood. Like an entire meal for one person.

Attached Files:

• Food.jpg
      Food.jpg
      File size:
      174.9 KB
      Views:
  15. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I prefer handmade soaps over the big brands (Dove, Irish Spring etc) so I’ve been following the soap-making of @bewildered with great interest. A few weeks before Christmas I was in a craft store with the Mrsanthropic and spent some time in the soap section checking things out.

So I was pretty excited Christmas morning when she gave me what amounts to a beginner soap making kit- a mold, glycerin, scent etc. I’m looking forward to getting into this hobby.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That's so cool!

That was part of what sparked my interest. I had a girls night where we all pitched in $5 for a couple melt and pour kits off brambleberry.

Show us your work when you get to it!

And welcome to the Soapy Club. From the videos I see on YouTube from soapers, we are all really fucking weird.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well yeah. You call yourselves Soapers. That’s a sign.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They had a whole HBO real Sex on Soapers it was disappointing.

I have actually been saving the rendered deer fat from my deer for the past couple of years hoping to make soap and candles at some point. I actually bought a bunch of candle supplies but haven't done it yet. Mostly just been using it to make suet for birds. By birds I mean starlings.

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FUCK NO. I'm getting my $325 back. On the plus side, she did seem to like her other gifts, so it's no big loss.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Put it on and check out your ass in a mirror. You may change your mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.