Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HOLIDAYS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean I’m sure people have stories of uncaring parents or something. Honestly all I need is a kitchen gadget and I’m good. My other brother and sister in law are spoiling my nephew so rotten it’s sad. Kid just turned six last week and this year for his half birthday (because it’s not fair that he has to combine Christmas and his birthday unlike other kids) they got him a dirt bike, he got an ATV for Christmas because they think the dirt bike is too dangerous for him, a guitar, and a Game Boy emulator with 10k games on it as well as the typical gifts.

Life got immensely easier when I got a job and could just buy the stuff I wanted instead of banking up birthdays and holidays. I bought myself a hunting outfit I’d been putting off decades doing, new boots, and a watch. I’m thinking of getting a pack raft for hunting too. Best Christmas I’ve had in a while.

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This gloomy ass weather is starting to get to me. It’s been in the high 40’s to low 50’s since last week and raining. Nothing but gray skies and mud. Kinda dragged my mood down for Christmas a little and the depressing weather just continues.

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I may have told this story before, but the weirdest Christmas gift I ever received was from an ex-girlfriend's dad.

He didn't give gifts. To anyone. His wife did the shopping, put her name on everything, and he gave nothing to anyone including her. As far as my ex knew, this had been the way it was forever.

He was a grumpy, quiet guy but I broke through a little and we had an okay relationship. I went over to their house a few days after Christmas to find that he had demanded nobody be allowed to celebrate until I got there - so nothing was opened, no dinner was had. Nobody communicated this to me. As I sat there watching their family unwrap presents, he suddenly stood up, took a small present from under the tree, and handed it to me. It was labeled from him - the only package under the tree like that. I unwrapped it to find a plain, chocolate Hershey bar.

The only present the man gave in 3+ decades.

4. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This Christmas was just…eh. People expect us to be flooding socials with baby pictures, but we aren’t like that (I post a few now and then). Dude is barely a month old, so we didn’t really do anything since his main concerns are sleeping, pooping, and sucking on a boob, and also making damn sure we know how much he doesn’t like swaddling or bassinets.

We usually get ourselves a big joint gift early in the year and call it our Christmas present. This year was a new fridge.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Life goals.

Also

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got Jägerette a new Volvo station wagon, she got me fire place tools, which is fantastic as our place is heated by a 1500kg brick fireplace and I only had shitty tools

She felt it was a bit uneven in terms of the exchange and said I could try and fuck her hottest friend. Too bad her hottest friend has self respect.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You could spend a lot less money than a Volvo costs and get better than a "try."

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My aunt got me a hoodie from Limited Too when I was 14. Luckily I was aware of what that was before I wore it to school.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We kinda did joint gifts this year. I bought all new memory foam pillows and cases for the bed, and we all got new wheels. Kiddo got the big kid bike (already blasting around the street like a pro on the balance bike), hubs got a skateboard, and I got rollerskates.

Mine come in the mail tomorrow. I'm not off to a very good start.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My wife and I just do decent stockings fillers for each other. I got gift cards to Lowe's, Steam and a couple other little, fun things.

11. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My husband and I stopped doing Christmas for each other since our families both go pretty ham and it feels egregious to get even more things (not to mention having to buy another present). We just get little things for each other during the year when we get inspired. He probably gets more actual gifts than I do, but I enjoy gifting more than receiving most of the time anyways.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Oh, we missed Festivus! Dec 23.

I guess we all bitch plenty, though.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

14. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m a Feats Of Strength guy myself.

Fight your father.

16. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Considering that he's currently a pile of ashes in a marble urn... Shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got a real fuckin' problem with the winter time change.

I get robbed of an hour of good daylight at the end of the day, when I can actually use it.
    Who gives a shit if the sun comes up earlier in the morning?

What the hell am I going to do with that time? Be EXTRA early to work?

Y'all are probably wondering why I picked this grievance; well, yesterday, I ran to the grocery store after work, then rushed home because I needed to do something that required daylight.
    I pulled up to the house, leaving my truck parked outside the fence, and set to work doing what I needed with the light left.
    Everything turned out fine, and I had a good evening.

But then this morning/ afternoon, I suddenly remembered that I forgot to take the groceries out of the truck, and I ruined a pack of chicken thighs that I was looking forward to cooking today.
    If it were up to me, I'd cook them really well done and eat them anyway, but JJ would have none of it (she doesn't even eat chicken thighs...), and insisted that I throw them out.
    We went back and forth on this for awhile, eventually settling on feeding them to the dogs.

All this bullshit because some cocksuckers want to change the clocks twice a year so that little Timmy doesn't have to walk to school in the dark (or whatever bullshit reason they are giving).

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else think Bandit might be giving Crown a run for his money as the crotchety old man on the board?

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meh.

My top displayed Netflix theme is “get off my grass”.

20. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

that dude in New Zealand who liked looking at bugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.