Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HOLIDAYS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Gotta say, this season of Reacher is kicking some ass. Too bad they're releasing them every week though... and I know it's going to end too soon.

2. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Man, it'd be real crappy to have the sun go down in Vancouver at 15:20 rather than 14:20. The more Northerly you get, the more daylight you have centered around noon instead of god knows when. At the very least kids get some time playing after school without it being dark. Daylight savings ftw.

3. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

The season is pretty phenomenal. I think that I liked last season better, but don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I liked last season better, but I'm willing to see how it finishes before I judge. In the books, Reacher acts on his own so much, that it's a little odd seeing his team with him. (And, plus, last season had the gorgeous blonde naked in the shower scene.) Also, Serinda Swan (Dixon), Domenick Lombardozzi (Russo), and Malcolm Goodwin (Finlay) were in "Breakout Kings" together, too, so the cast gives me a bit of deja vu. But, I'm definitely enjoying this season, too.

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I live basically at the southern tip of the Alaskan pan handle, so there are a few months where only day light I see is when I am at work.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am not normally into blondes, or shorter hair(think she didn't have long hair) but good god she was fucking hot.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's like you've never seen Under Siege.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Erica Eliniak was pretty amazing. That cake scene was quite memorable.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Reacher season 2 is on my list next after I finish season 3 of Slow Horses.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve got Mrsanthropic hooked on it too. There seem to be more subtle touches of humor this season. Like the reference to Sarah Connor.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

She was the very first Baywatch girl, and always the hottest in my opinion.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Never really watched Baywatch... was aware of it, but don't ever remember watching a full episode,

13. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

My lord Slow Horses is good. I sat down to watch it because I had an hour to kill, and the next thing you know, I've finished 3 seasons.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No. It was excruciating. I had male friends in the 90’s that just watched the absolutely worst shit on TV sometimes- not just Baywatch, but all those stupid Aaron Spelling dramas like Melrose Place.

Fuckheads would not know good trash TV if it sat on their face. Everyone knows the absolute cream de la cream, the pinnacle, the touchstone, the sleazy pharaoh at the top of the whole stinking pyramid comes in the form of one man— Morton Downey Jr.

We’ve had other treasures, for instance, “Studs”. But he still rules the roost.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My mom and I are 2 episodes into season 2... it's our holiday "thing" right now... and it's really fucking enjoyable.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah it's definitely my favorite show right now. The writing is good and there is not a wasted scene in any episode.

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn it, Slow Horses is another show that I'd like to watch but can't because it's on Apply TV.
    It's not that I don't want Apple TV, it's that it doesn't want to work at my house. Tried signing up one time, DL'd the app, made a user name etc etc but when I'd "click" on the icon to open it, the TV would just go blank. Uninstall, reinstall, repeat.
    Another time I bought a new TV and it came with 3 months of Apple TV. Made a new login with a different email address etc etc but when I tried to watch it, it literally gave me a pop up that said "Error Occurred. Call Customer Service"

Did I mention I hate electronics?

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apple+ doesn't have a ton of content, but the quality bar is really high. For All Mankind, The Morning Show, Severance, Mythic Quest, Ted Lasso, Shrinking, and Five Days at Memorial were all great. I also like that they're willing to lean into the miniseries format, and tell self-contained stories that don't need multiple seasons, but need more than just a two hour feature.

I use the Apple+ app on my chromecast, and it works flawlessly. You can also watch in the browser on Apple's website.

19. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any of you idiots have exciting plans for this evening? We’ll be going to a neighbor’s house, as we’ve done for the last dozen or so years. Good people, fun to be with, and it’s walkable, so drinking isn’t an issue.

Our choices for New Years Eve revolve around wether we should go out at all, and whose house we wind up at. Years ago we went out for dinner/ live music, but we were always disappointed in either the food, the music or both. Then there was the matter of making it home safely.

20. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a bar near my place that does British New Years so we're headed to that in a bit and then back home after a few hours. If we make it to midnight, we make it. If not, then not. No worries either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.