Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HOLIDAYS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The brewery we frequent does a kids balloon drop at 7pm so you don't have to stay up all night to placate them. So we'll go do that, have a beer or 2 while we hang out, then just coming back home to veg out the rest of the night at home. If I make it to midnight, great. If I don't, also great.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Pre-kids my wife and I would go to a party or do dinner at a nice steakhouse at like 11pm. With kids, we do apps and hit the sack around 10:30. The kids get up at 5:30 regardless of how late we stayed up. I don't feel like being exhausted the last day before work starts again.

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have honestly never had a good NYE. Back when I still drank alcohol going out was full of amateurs who couldn’t handle their booze and for some reason people would always pick out friends of mine to try and fight, or agessively go after Jägerette. Having people over for so long is exhausting so we don’t do that.

The only reason we are up so late tonight (40 min to go) is we are at our Stockholm place where people blow off unbelieveable amounts of fireworks at midnight. No way to sleep through it, so might as well enjoy it before we are permanantly in the countryside where we can go to bed at a normal hour.

4. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There’s a reason people call it Amateur Night.

I approach NYE with a grain of skepticism, so I’m rarely disappointed. I live within shouting distance of Times Square and you couldn’t pay me to spend tonight there.

I’m up to at least midnight most nights, so that’s not an issue.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate when people call NYE “Amateur Night”. It’s one of the only nights where it’s social acceptable to drink until you black out. Everyone does it. Everyone engages in a terrible activity. People fight each other. People fuck each other. Almost everyone wakes up with a terrible hangover and has to piece together their night. The chaos is amazing. I love it.

With that said I’m sitting next to my wife, doing a puzzle. I have two kids that will be awake at 6am. I have to pick and choose my wild and crazy night carefully. This one didn’t make the cut.

2023 was pretty shitty to our family. I had an amazing year professionally. I made more money than I’ve ever made. I’m good at my job. I’m respected. And it was just in complete contrast to things going on at home. I’m ready to move on and conquer some new challenges. And hopefully see more smiles on people around me.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

you're welcome

7. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My kid is a shit sleeper but at least he’s not waking up at 5:30 or 6…. Yikes. We’ve been talking about how we have to move bedtime up so we can wake him up earlier when he starts preschool in a few weeks. As it is now he’ll sleep in til 9:30 or 10 sometimes and it’s glorious.

We got home a little bit ago from a party with some old hippies. Boyfriend and I started watching Murder at the End of the World and are debating whether or not to open a bottle of champagne. Happy new year!

8. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

If you get Apple One though, you get access to Apple Music, Apple Arcade, and 250Gb of iCloud storage along with Apple Tv. I got the family plan for 1,800 jpy (about $20 in monopoly money), so it's been extremely worth it.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Happy New Year ya fucking Idiots!

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Happy new years, you bunch a fucks.

This is the first time I've been awake on a new years in nearly a decade.

11. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was a successful evening- spent it with some folks I’ve been friends with for quite awhile now, we all got fairly shitfaced, the police showed up at the house for a noise complaint, and I won about $20 at cards. And I don’t feel particularly awful this morning.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I made some more soap last night.

Happy New Year to you all!

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched the Bills game at the Moose lodge, then came home. It was just the wife and I, so we had snack stuff for dinner: pepperoni, cheese, crackers and some shrimp. Last time we'll do that, I ended up feeling sick to my stomach and went to bed around 10. She stayed up til our son got home ( I think ) but reported she also had a stomach ache. We won't be doing that shit again.

We put all the Christmas shit away today with the exception of the tree. We'll leave that up til Jan. 6th, which is a tradition in my family.

Back to work tomorrow and I don't even care. It's been the gloomiest friggin week. Though I did get some writing and other stuff done, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste.

Happy New Year all.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I've sold 5 jars of my sourdough starter since yesterday, have made a few batches of new soap to sell, and got to walk around in this foggy wet weather looking at animal tracks. Now I am eating homemade sourdough bread and hummus under a puppy pile.

This year is off to a solid start.

IMG_20240101_140626_(600_x_800_pixel).jpg IMG_20240101_140741_(600_x_800_pixel).jpg

15. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Japan taking all of the Ls this year so far!

7.6 earthquake up in Ishikawa (opposite of me here in Tokyo, everyone safe), and it's been having aftershocks basically very 6 - 20 minutes since. Up to a 3m shift in the land. Hot shit. Death toll keeps rising though, pretty shit.

Two planes collide at Haneda this evening with 5 coast guard officials dead. I don't think there will be more news about this until tomorrow since night time investigations are shit.

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well here's a headline you don't see every day:

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 12.35.37 PM.png

17. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You guys aren't trying to de-normalize beastiality or mock people who identify as ani-males, are you?

19. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mr Hands would have loved him.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.