Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HOLIDAYS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

"Naaa homie we don't need to thaw it out."

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Volume displacement is just a liberal hoax.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Agreed.

Especially at 375°F.

Even better... be sure to spray the turkey with water immediately before submersion.

That'll own the Dems.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Youtube does not disappoint.

5. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I do not understand people screwing up fried turkeys. I started doing them on a 4 beer buzz 20 years ago. And make 3 every thanksgiving. It’s easy as hell If you are not an idiot.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well there's your problem...

7. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Woo, it's Thanksgiving leftover pot pie day. A day to truly celebrate.

Thanks again to @jdoogie for the inspiration and reminder about stuffin muffins.

IMG_20231124_073657_(2000_x_1600_pixel).jpg

9. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The smoked turkey turned out really well. Thanks to @jdoogie for the pointers. Next time I’m going to bump up the temp for the last hour to get crispy skin. I really wanted to make sure I didn’t overcook the turkey on my first go, so I skipped that step.

10. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is why i have an instant read thermometer and when it starts getting close to the temp i want, i check regularly.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ate 2 lbs of mashed potatoes. That might have been excessive.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah, that seems like a normal annual amount.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Show me your plates

IMG_20231124_094054_(2000_x_1600_pixel).jpg

14. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of instant read thermometers... Today is the best day of the year to buy yourself one. And if you're going to, just buy the best. ThermoWorks Thermapen. They rarely go on sale, but today's one of the few days they are, and it's worth every penny. There's a reason they're pretty much the standard in any reputable kitchen.

Also, @bewildered I feel like you're just false flagging @Rush-O-Matic by posting a picture of your moist breast meat in here, but it's actually just leftovers.

I didn't get any pictures of my plate because after 7 hours of cooking, I just wanted to eat, but everything that I made was delicious. It's odd that the only food there was a significant amount of leftovers for was stuff other people brought. Weird how that seems to happen every year...

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IMG_6409.png
    That’s pretty expensive for what it is. I have a cheaper version from them that has a second leave in probe attachment for like 25$ a few weeks ago.

I am eyeballing those Wi-Fi thermometer spikes so I can vac seal and sous vide my sausages to monitor temperature.

Like this:
    Limited-time deal: CHEF iQ Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer with 3 Ultra-Thin Probes, Unlimited Range Bluetooth Meat Thermometer, Digital Food Thermometer for Remote Monitoring of BBQ Grill, Oven https://a.co/d/iUzqY5i

Anyone got one or have recommendations?

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not my TG, but with the dinner party I threw last weekend, it was just as crazy in the kitchen. When shit is counting down to service, things get chaotic. The reason I only had one pic of the salmon before it was cooked was that was from when I was prepping before anyone showed up. And yeah, prep started the day before on a bunch of it... making my own seafood stock, etc. Hours of work in the kitchen.

Once everything is counting down towards the start of the meal, I barely have time to eat, never mind take pictures. I'm so busy getting the first course out while prepping the second one (carving, transferring food to serving dishes, etc), that I legit barely have time to eat.

And when I do finally hit that point where "My Job Here Is Done", I top up the wine growler and flop in the chair and barely pick at the food on my plate... because you're just coming off of a big mental run and are a bit exhausted and want to stop thinking about shit and just let everyone enjoy the food and clean up for you.

I always cook a ton. So much so that people are shocked. At the dinner party, I made a killer seafood chowder, and everyone said "oh wow, this was a meal all unto it's own...", and were protesting at how much food there was. But that sure didn't slow them down from devouring a half big salmon and an 8 lbs rib roast. I keep proper deli containers on hand so everyone went home with a big container of soup and some beef, etc, and nobody complained about it, and there were hardly any leftovers at all. The only thing I really had left over were some mashed potatoes and an amazing beef au jus that I spent the day reducing (that got frozen into an ice cube tray for future flavour bombs when needed).

It's enough work that I have wanted to use disposable serving dishes etc in order to cut back on the amount of cleanup, but everyone else has been quite adamant about "you just keep cooking, we'll clean up after you". I'm OK with that.

17. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Second the thermapen. They really are worth every penny. I don't dunk mine under water, but i wash the probe when i do the dished, my hands are wet when i handle it and it has never stopped working, unlike the cheaper ones.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I already red dotted her.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Not Thanksgiving, but from a wild game dinner recently:

IMG_1329.jpeg

20. Kubla Kahn