Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HOLIDAYS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wild game doesn't just meekly deliver itself to the slaughter.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm assuming it's a color coded system to tell what type of meat/animal each portion is. Useful if you're making various types of wild game sausage, that once cooked, can look very similar.

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We usually have a big stack of small tale home containers for anyone that wants to take food home with them, but I just forgot to get them this year since a lot of things outside of the house have been chaotic this year in particular. That being said, it hopefully won't be too much of an issue this year since we decided to have some of our neighbors over Saturday to watch the OSU Michigan game and all the food will make for a perfect lunch option.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Color-coding to tell you what meat it is. Boar, venison, bear, beaver, rabbit, pheasant, etc.

5. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Too bad you didn't give us a colour key for the pic so we could see what it all was.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somebody gets it.

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We stayed home, just us three for Thanksgiving. Took my mom to the mountains last weekend and the rest of my family lives at least 5 hours away, so we just do us.

I don't know what I cooked that is doing this to me, but my butthole is on fire. Spiciest, uh.. spice, I used was black pepper and a little red pepper flakes.

I bought another safe on a black Friday sale. Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've done in a while to save money is not paying the $200 delivery fee. Darn near killed myself trying to get that bastard up seven steps into the house.

9. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find it funny how different people have different idea of what is far away. To a European 5 hours would be a couple countries away, whish is too far. I am not sure how far 5 hours away is for you, but that is too far. For me living in the middle of fucking no where 5 hours doesn't even get to me a spot in the highway that doesn't lead further in the bush.

10. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, 5 hours each way for a half day worth of dinner? Maybe if I was staying over the night.

12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We live in the same state, and it's a 664 mile round trip. All state highway, not interstate, over a couple of mountains. You could take an interstate route, it would add about 80 miles to the round trip.

Yeah, it just isn't worth it. And, I'm the better cook, they should be coming to my house. We're also the ones with the autistic child that needs his routines and loves this house. When we get there and the only thing they're doing is talking and watching football, he's just going to want to come home. We even quit going for Christmas, they do come here, usually a couple weeks before.

We do go in the summer, when there is more to do and the kid is easier to keep entertained for the weekend.

13. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did my version of black Friday shopping, as is tradition. Now it's time to get drunk.

IMG-20231124-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG_20231124_115518_280.jpg

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Been a loooong time since I ate bear, but I'm thinking it could be the pink spear. It's really lean, pink could be venison, too.. Black looks like boar BBQ. Green looks like a bear or venison burger. Yellow looks like boar sausage pattie. White might be rabbit. I can't see red.

Can you remember, @Juice , how close did I get?

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I hear ya.

A local place, Heeman's Greenhouse and berries, has started making mead and cider. It's fucking TASTY. My sister gave me a few bottles for my birthday last week, and they did not last wrong.

Ended up signing up for their "cider in a box" subscription and it does not disappoint.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Pink = Bear
    Red = Beaver
    Green = Boar
    Black = Venison
    White = Rabbit (pot pie form)
    Gobbly gook on top left is a pheasant rice thing. Consistency is that of tapioca, but tastes pretty good.

The original game dinner I used to go shutdown with Covid and never reopened. A lot of the hunters that donated to that one now donate to and work at this one.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There was a moose sausage that I ate before I took the picture. That one was a yellow toothpick I think.

Edit: Fuck it, I'm not going to edit it. I deserve it.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Speaking of wild boar, we don't really have any here in Canada but apparently it's making itself known more and more... so I guess it won't be long.

This was an interesting video I watch last night.. it looked REALLY tasty. I wish you could buy that shit around here.

It did piss me off, though... I have to learn not to watch tasty food videos late a night when I'm buzzed and hungry.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My old hunting buddies used to get together in the off season for a wild game night. One of our crew was a kick ass chef in Toronto, and we'd go to his restaurant for it, and he'd cook everything for us. It was unbelievable.

Unfortunately when my dad died, the hunting really died off and everything really fell apart.

It's weird... parts of me miss the hunting, parts of me don't. But I do miss those wild game dinners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.