Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HOLIDAYS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You fucking autist. Just go and cook that shit. Pile it up over the top of the muffin space.

Don't question the Muffin Stuffin™... just DO the Muffin Stuffin™

If you have too much left over, then add more muffin trays.

If you don't have enough, then make more stuffing.

BTW, pro tip: you can't have too much stuffing.... it's one of the key leftover components that always run out too soon.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ain't got more muffin trays. That was my initial concern.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Then pile them higher.

If you can't make them all muffins, then cook the remainder as per normal. "Muffin Crumble" to sprinkle on top.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Or just buy another fucking muffin tray.

If you need the $10 from Amazon, let me know... I'll probably shake my head in disgust and drop ship it to you.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And Happy Thanksgiving to you.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or, just do two batches.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What is this? Advanced calculus?

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Sorry, I like to shove all of mine in at once so it all comes out at once.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oven time on a holiday is a limited and highly sought after resource.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is that after you ask, "are you guys all on the same team?"

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, @Aetius ... how did you handle it? Have you yet? Inquiring minds want to know...

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanksgiving was three days ago. I'm planning for Christmas.

13. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup, triple time mother fuckers.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It took about 30 extra minutes of oven time, and a lot of rotating dishes, but I cooked all my sides at once. I am not running across the street to my neighbor or using goddamn heated buffet to keep it together.

15. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We have a double oven and this still holds true.

I now need some days off ( that I won’t get) to recover from this past week. My daughter was home from college (awesome), and we hosted thanksgiving as usual so Thursday was a bit hectic. Friday I did yard work and put Christmas lights on the house- and in the process fell off the ladder, flat on my back across a pile of rocks that serves as a border for our shrubs. Luckily I was only 6 feet up and only took some minor damage, but it was stupid of me not to ensure proper ladder placement.

Yesterday we went to a college football game. We met up with a bunch of friends in the morning, tailgated for a few hours then sat in the cold at the game until well after dark. Then we ended the day by stopping over at a neighbors and drinking bourbon until about 1 a.m.

Today was more Christmas lights, packing up the kid for her return to college, and prepping for the replacement of our water line to the house. I dug up a small tree and some shrubs that I can hopefully salvage. Then I removed the flagstones from a couple of sections of sidewalk that I’ll try to re-lay once the work is done. My lawn is going to be fucked though. Not sure I’ll be able to deal with that on my own.

I’m tired, and officially getting too old for this shit.

16. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Me and the wife (and the cat) are on the way back from visiting middle daughter + SIL + newly adopted grand-baby. I normally have a rule about drive time vs. visit time (Visit > drive time x2) but we broke it because during a completely hectic time and unexpected baby being available for adoption the SIL lost his dog, his dad, and his grandmother in the span of about 2 months. And the daughter was not expecting a call about a baby being available. SIL was overjoyed when we asked if they wanted company for Thanksgiving.
    We broke the drive there and the drive back into 2 days each. Our actual Thanksgiving Day meal was a sandwich from a Subway inside a truck stop somewhere in Illinois. We had the official Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. The wife packed a turkey breast, small ham, and some sides in a couple of ice chests, then she, I, and the cat rolled out on Wednesday evening.
    We've got about 6.5 hours more to drive tomorrow, but seeing the kids and the new baby was totally worth it.

I love her to death and she will absolutely get anything she ever asks for.

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The wife and I have said the same about our grandson but have little bit of a dilemma. This is our only grandchild and we've done well enough to spoil the shit outta him if we'd like. On the other hand, his dad's side of the family is more paycheck to paycheck and they have 11 grandkids with more on the way. Don't want him to catch shit from his cousins when they get older.

18. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is the second grandchild. The first one is 2 1/2 years old. Unfortunately, even though they lived only 10 minutes from us before we moved, we didn't get to see the grandson all that much because, quite frankly, the DIL is stuck squarely up her mom's ass (who lived even closer to them). We love him to death as well, but the new parents have gone through absolute hell trying to have, foster, and then adopt a child. It's been a long and mostly heart-breaking process. Not to mention this new baby had to have a minor surgery 2 weeks after being born and there were some minor complications, so this feels like an even bigger celebration.

19. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We have a wonderful tradition in my family of grandfathers dying young, either before grandkids are even born or not long thereafter. My daughter is only 19 and in college so I certainly don’t want grandkids just yet, but I’m giving myself even odds at best that I’m still around when/if she has them.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey guys, just a reminder that Google is going to shut down all unused/ dormant accounts in a few days.

Log back into your old burner emails to keep them alive.
    Say NO if they ask for a phone number or additional email address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.