Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HURRICANE IAN CLEANUP[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The guy who drove his car through a Christmas parade in Wisconsin is going to be representing himself in his homicide trial that starts on Monday. He has already been removed from a couple of pre-trial hearings for being disruptive, and he was originally going for an insanity defense. There is a very good chance that this trial is going to be very funny.

I don't think that Joe Rogan is a very good interviewer. He doesn't really add much to the conversation most of the time, but his style of just letting the guest talk is still way better than the breathless fellating or fishing for gotcha moments that has become the standard.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I follow Cleetus McFarland on YT. He does a bunch of shit with things with motors, and one of them is jet boating.

This video (once you get past the first half of him cleaning up shit at his shop), shows him dropping his jet boat into the water to help the Search and Rescue folks.

It's crazy.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

people in homes like that are the ones I'm really worried about. Just driving from tampa to sarasota -- about an hour -- there must have been thousands of RVs/trailers parked along the coast. I'm horrified at the thought of the number of people in housing like that caught in the actual impact zone. Plus you add the homeless population on top of that. Then all the political issues with trying to get FEMA in there to help the ones most in need (namely, that the governing party in Florida objectively hates the poor). This is gonna be a complete clusterfuck of epic proportions.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is that a turbo whistling on that little boat?

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, my grandparents' beach house we sold last year looks like it made it via that satellite image. One of our old neighbors took a photo of the driveway and the trees and undergrowth are wrecked. Having access to a god damned paradise house location I can say the 2-3 close calls was worth it. Pretty sure they were only evacuated once.

My aunt and uncle's temporary place they had bought while they build their dream house? Looks like it might be a total loss but it was a double wide trailer home senior community so not as structurally sound. Reports from their friends aren't good.

I honestly never thought that show was that amazing. Certainly better than the canned interview styles of the rest of the media but not as deep or introspective as people tout. At all. Peak Howard Stern had much much better conversations. Shit even Joe Rogan has significantly better interviews with celebrities.

#25 Kubla Kahn, Oct 1, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Personally I think it’s the most overrated thing that is currently on. I don’t think he’s a good interviewer, there’s nothing at all special about him and I cannot figure out why celebrities would go on that show and make themselves look like such a stupid, drooling asshole. On camera.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yes.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The problem I have with Rogan is that he lacks the intelligence to know when or how to push back when one of his guests says something completely bat shit. It’s fine to want to have open conversations to exchange ideas. But he’s out of his depth with a lot of topics so everything can sound reasonable to him as long as it’s said in a normal sounding way. Kind of like how Tucker Carlson can pretty much say something insanely racist but if it’s presented in a business consultant sounding way, it might not occur to people how bad it is.

9. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought I heard a turbsky. I haven't watched any of his jet boat content.

10. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That and he buys into a lot of complete BS because he has a thing for conspiracy theories. He's not a bad person, but his show does a lot of damage because of this.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

He started off fucking around with small river jetboats near his house. He then heard about a jetboat racing league up in WA so did an arrive and drive with a team, and second time out won the race.

13. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My cousin posted a quick video to FB of the storm. Not sure how to share it here anonymously so here is a screenshot.
    Holy shit! Good thing their house is raised.

Attached Files:

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

my douchebag brother in law has been flying his drone over our house a lot. Best way to deter the drone without permanently disabling it? I've ordered a few laser pointers. I considered lobbing some BBs in it's general direction (not specifically aiming for it), as well as mooning it and just running outside naked. If I had a .22 revolver I'd get some blanks and shoot those.

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uh, birdshot?

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

without permanently disabling it. I just wanna fuck with him a bit. He's a religious bigot and everyone in the family hates him. I thought about making a poster board saying "GOD HATES YOU" and putting it on the roof.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A pump shotgun should do the trick.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A call to the FAA. It won't disable the drone, but it might disable him.

19. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You could point an RF jammer at it. Most of them use WiFi frequencies.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

my wife just suggested an airsoft rifle. That might be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.