Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] KISS A GINGER DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jan 12, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your dog will try to swim in it. You know that, right? Ours would.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nah. She’d just try to drag it around the back yard.

IMG_1516.jpeg

3. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It was only 41C deg here yesterday about 106F and just managed to get to 36C today (~97F). Going to be cold tomorrow, only expecting 34C (94F)

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I drove past a town called Shartlesville yesterday.

Thought of @bewildered.

That is all.

5. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd need to check the science as this could very likely be false, but when I was flying in the military I was told by multiple people that when we dumped gas while airborne, it was less polluting than burning it through the aircraft's engines. Something about how it immediately atomized at altitude instead of the exhaust becoming greenhouse gasses.

This article talks a little bit about the environmental impacts of an aircraft dumping gas

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sure enough- just lost power. It’s a windy day here, so no surprise. With the wind chill at 21F , I’m once again happy that we had this installed.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... minor problem with the current weather.

Zoe is a Shepherd, not a retriever. That means that she's useless at fetching stuff. As a result, when we play "fetch", there are tons of frisbees that get collected and then thrown around the yard for her. She then goes and grabs them, chews them, brings them to a spot about 20' away, drops it, and waits for the next one to be thrown.

IMG_2713 (1).jpeg

Well, silly me, I didn't go around and collect any of them before it snowed and hit -15. She now only has one, and as much as she loves the snow, she still hates to fetch.

First. World. Problems.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

How loud is it when it's running? Thinking through some of the details yesterday, the ideal location for it for me would be on the side of the house where the electrical service comes in, right beside the natural gas line, but it's on the side of the house that faces the neighbour's back yard patio about 40' away.

You think they're going to hate me if I locate it there?

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, I'm sure they already hate you, especially with so many half-eaten Frisbees in their yard.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That’s about the distance from mine to the neighbors deck. It’s not ridiculously loud, from inside the house, and I presume the neighbors house. It’s about like a lawnmower, but at a lower note.

11. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have shepherds, they love frisbees and balls so once they realize the only way to get them thrown to them again is to bring them back, they figure it out pretty darn quick.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Challenge accepted.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Interestingly enough I am no longer having problems with my shop heater.

When it finally kicked on earlier, I cranked the temp up to sauna level, and the thing just ran for a day and a half. Dried out some drywall tape on a ceiling seam, but otherwise the shop was just fucking toasty.

Ever since then the heater has had no problem igniting, so I’m thinking with all the mild weather for the last year, it gummed itself up a bit. Running hot for a while may have cleaned shit out and bought me a maintenance reprieve.

“It fixed itself”. Because that’s how that stuff works… right? Right?

Regardless, I have some spare parts to swap in once the weather gets better and I feel like climbing a 14’ ladder.

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate when shit fixes itself. I want to fix it so I know it works and not fail at some unspecified time and really fuck shit up.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I like to think that it's just melted something enough to let it work, but when it fails again, it'll be much worse than the first warning it gave me.

Just a passive aggressive "I fucking warned you, hope you've got your fire insurance up to date..."

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My kid is 3.5 and the Lego obsession has started early. I help pick pieces and give minimal guidance and lots of encouragement. Most of these were made in the last week (snow days).

I have to share, cuz honestly I'm impressed. Lortamighty we gottan Engineer on our hands.

lego.jpg

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your kid can thank you later for being broke. 50 year old friend of mine is into Legos and when I say he's into them, He. Is. Into. Them. I bet he's got ~$20k worth of Legos.

And 3.5 years old?! I never would've guessed they are that old already

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

You're talking to the queen of cheap here.

I got the first set which retails for $140 new after Christmas last year for $48. Got another set recently on sale, and I'm scouring Facebook marketplace for used sets. We have the only grandchild on hubs side and people always need gift ideas. I love that there are new sets at every price point.

Edit: oh, I guess if my kid pays full price. Then they'll thank me for being broke. Reading comprehension fail.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if you guys know this, but Chicago is the worst city in the country, and United is dumb as fuck for putting a hub in a city that's too god damn cold to operate airplanes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.