Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] LABOR DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dixiebandit69, Sep 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last time I drank fireball was attending a party where I assumed the igloo cooler was filled with some kind of mixed drink. It was straight fireball. I got so drunk I couldn't stand and spent the night on Venice Beach lying under a palm tree.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m really just not into shots in general when I go out anymore, they just beat the shit out of me and I always feel awful or get sick later.

After a certain point in your life, poisoning your liver actually is that.

3. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have hit a wall with bourbon. Fully acknowledging that I drink way more than I should, I am actually physically unable to drink more than 1 or 2 bourbons, and even that much is uncomfortable. It gives me acid reflux, stomach pain, among other things. Definitely my body sending me a message.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I swear to god I wanna shank whomever at GMC designed the battery compartment. The battery on my wife's GMC Yukon (shut up, I told her not go get chevy/GMC but that's what she wanted) died and I figured I'd just pop it out, run to the store and grab a new one. Well after spending an hour working on it with my ratchet set and removing everything under the goddamn sun, I still could not create enough room to remove it.

Decided fuck that, my time is worth something too, put it back together, went to jiffy lube and let it be their problem. $400 later, apparently it requires a special battery and 4 guys working half an hour on it (and they were actually working, I watched them). I have zero issue with jiffy lube charging me that amount, because labor is expensive (and good labor is getting hard to find), parts aren't getting cheaper and they needed to make something off the top too. But FUCK GM for making you take out half the engine compartment just to change batteries.

I know, I sound like @dixiebandit69. I'm sure he'll have more to add to this battery crap though. I'm not into conspiracy theories and such, but I swear they design it that way so you are forced to take it in to a shop instead of doing it yourself. Stupid cucks

5. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe it will turn out as funny as the one in Austin 3 years ago:

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

not sure they can quite do that this year

7. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is this one where the cross member is over top of the battery or you have to take the wheel well off to get to it?

8. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wouldn't a round of prairie fire's (tequila & tobasco) been easier?

Fun fact, the prairie fire is my shot of choice when accosted by bachelorette parties demanding I buy them a round.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

there's a beam across the top that's also bolted to the bottom in a super hard to reach spot, then you have to remove the coolant tank to make room to slide the battery out. Except the coolant tank's bolts to remove it are under something else, and by that point I said fuck it I'm not tearing apart the engine compartment myself

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

For those interested, Frye Fest is happening again in the form of Burning Man being so flooded that the organizers closed the airport, locked the gates, and told everyone to shelter in place.

It’s basically now a mud slushy and Chris Rock (yes) reported that they portapotties can’t get cleaned because no one can get in to empty them.

so everyone is basically stuck there, with drugs and dwindling supplies, and no hope of any substantive rescue until these storms pass.

Also right before burning man there were a bunch of climate protesters on the road in who had to be cleared. That area got 2-3 months worth of rain over the course of two days.

11. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You dragged me into this.

What year of Tahoe/ Yukon does your wife own?

I need an answer before I can give you an accurate judgement.

But you probably got hosed. Big time.

EDIT: You make A LOT more money than I do, what the fuck are you even complaining about?
    I WISH I got paid $400, or hell, even $200 just to change a battery.
    Isn't the whole point of having a cushy, high-paying job like yours that you don't have to worry about "minor inconveniences" like a FUCKING CAR BATTERY, which has a 100% chance of failure over a given time?

Boo hoo. Go run in your marathon.

#31 dixiebandit69, Sep 3, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
  12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Ooooookay then…

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Damn. Can I get a

Boom roasted?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You OK?

Need a hug?

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I think he has to go to work on Monday.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

he lives and, I presume, works in the asshole of Texas. He is surrounded by the worst kind of people 24/7. I am developing anger issues just thinking about that part of the state. He is not okay.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd just like to point out that, even as the most anti-car person here, I was able to successfully change my own car battery.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Oh I can change mine in my truck just fine! But my truck also isn’t an over-engineered basic white bitch piece of shit like what my wife drives either

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Apparently there is a Dr Seuss book about a stain? I have never seen it but am living it. My old boy peed in the middle of the night, didn't notice til the next day. After the first clean, it was light yellow. I did some treatments to it, it turned bright orange. Cleaned it again, treated it again, it turned bright pink. I just cleaned it AGAIN and now it's just light pink. But now it has a light halo because that spot is getting cleaned more than the other parts of carpet.

I am so ready to throw lvp down and all around. Fuck carpets.

My very old, WAY TOO WHITE carpets. I just know, deep down in my soul, that a woman did not select this carpet.

Attached Files:

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IMG_5740.jpeg
    Time to rearrange the furniture. And don’t accept any assistance from these guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.