Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] LUNAR NEW YEAR [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds like you might need the guns to protect your household from your family.

2. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think that those people understand why their power is out.

3. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You’re always gonna have those people that never think ahead, choosing to live for today instead. I’m related to some of them, and this past year there’s been several “woe is me” Facebook posts and I sit here thinking some lessons just have to be learned the hard way apparently.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

you do bring up an interesting point and my wife is learning the value of discretion.

I don’t know how many times I’ve said “yeah you might not wanna brag about that” in the last day or two. What is a luxury right now becomes scarce if it’s shared. And if they don’t pay attention when I teach them the first time, then that’s on them. Callous? Yes. But people gotta fall if they wanna stand

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You mean, in an emergency you don't get to commit murder??? Son of a bitch! I've been lied to!

Sigh. Texas insists it's special....and it totally is. Very special. Yay, so special.

The stories I could tell you about some Yosemite Sam dickbag talking to the fedrul gubmint like I'm some kind of varmint he has to reason with....Wasn't it like a month ago they were talking about secession? Now, they are asking for federal money....

Around here, we have a saying: "No dough for snow". So....good luck with that.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, at least while the windmills are all frozen they aren't killing as many birds! Next year's hunting in Eagle Lake will boost the tourism economy.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's almost like they're got a big hat, but no cattle.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I've heard that phrase more than once in the last few days. Usually coming from wives, directed at their husbands, in group texts where they want everyone to see it. There's a LOT of people not getting laid during this storm because their wives think less of them now.

I've gotten so much macho bravo testosterone shit thrown my way over the years for, I dunno, not being a Texas stereotype I guess and thinking my way through shit rather than trying to use brute force and and paying someone else to do it when that inevitably breaks. Now I woke up this morning with full electricity and water, my only worry being how many cups of coffee I wanted to have before I needed to tinker with a few more things and then go play in the snow with my wife and kids all day. I might even enjoy a cigar by the fire pit later.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ask that couple in Pennsylvania how well treating your neighbors like shit during a snow storm got them. Caustic attitude everyone has towards each other these days is disconcerting. This is what happens when you don’t let people go to baseball games for a year.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

D7FED8C7-7B66-42E0-8CDC-CB3D8774E81A.jpeg

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I heard it from the Texas Governor talking shit to Bush. Governor was female, so that makes sense.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

"loud gun and no bullets" is another great one. Goes over best when the husband and wife/boyfriend and girlfriend are having a low key argument in a group of people, everyone notices at once and shushes to that awkward silence to watch. Then the wife waits a beat to make sure everyone is paying attention, and lays down the line in a firm, slow, and sarcastically evil manner. Then gets up off the couch and walks away to get another beer from the cooler or pour another glass of wine.

Fortunately I have not been on the recipient of one of those, but I have witnessed several (they all happen the same, and they all think they're original). It's performance art.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s tiresome and quite frankly hurtful to see so many people just dunking on us. Like I’m laying in my bed with my wife, dog, and cat under 7 blankets. The temperature in my house overnight was about 48 according to the meat thermometer I left out. A quarter of the state is without power and heat and people are like “suck it red staters”. It’s the same bullshit Ted Cruz, Cornyn, and Crenshaw love to do when California has power issues. They never waste an opportunity to let suffering people know they don’t see them as people.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They understand, just not in the correct way. God is punishing them for letting people with Calabasas accents move into their neighbourhoods. That’s why so many earthquakes happen in San Fran: all the sodomy makes the Lord shake the globe in anger.

Just find it your heart to some way blame it on Californians.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Hey... I hope you don't think that we're treating you like that.. I genuinely feel for you, and if there was anything I could do to help, personally, I would.

As I think everyone here would.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is something I've been talking about for a while: just how fed up "blue" America is. The constant shitting on California, the denial of aid to California during the recent wildfires, the votes against Hurricane Sandy relief for New York and New Jersey, the way Puerto Rico was treated as practically a foreign country after Hurricane Maria, etc. They (we) are tired of having abusing us being a viable political strategy in "red" America, and if we have to rub some noses in Texas failures to undermine the effectiveness of that strategy, well... we're not the one who shit on this particular carpet.

That said I do sympathize with Texans on an individual level (as long as they're not tweeting about the Green New Deal right now). I grew up in cold and it can be brutal.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

yeah I hope what I said didn’t come across in that way, and if it did I’m sorry. I have genuine respect for people here because I believe y’all to be genuine, good people. And it’s never a good time to see bad times happen to people like that.

but now my in laws who have been bragging for years about self sufficiency and how Texas should secede and ain’t no rights but gods rights and shit? And now y’all fuckers gotta deal with some cold and heat water on the stove? Well maybe a little suffering will humble you. Or if it doesn’t, maybe you won’t be so quick to talk shit to people once you know how it actually smells.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No not at all. It’s mostly from me being too online. So many Twitter liberals love to shit on the poor when they are conservative. I feel like a lot of people are going to die from hypothermia or straight up freeze to death this week. And there are definitely people responsible for the failure, but it’s most certainly not the average citizens.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel for y'all, I really do. It's not the average person's fault, and I'm hoping folks put some pressure on their reps and prepare for this kind of thing a bit better.

I feel particularly entitled to gripe about how Texas treats the feds when they need help, but I take no joy in your predicament.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.