Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] LUNAR NEW YEAR [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

People are goddamn assholes.

I finally got out family to a place where I am able to help others now, and was doing welfare checks to see what other help I could provide. This fucker answered the phone and before I even said hi, bitched me out for voting for Biden because "his green new deal caused this." Fucker you're on SOLAR! That's where your energy comes from! That's the only reason you are warm right now! Shut the fuck up!

I don't want to make this political because it's not political. I don't care who you are or what you did (she's actually a "sovereign citizen" who was for a time on the FBI wanted list, before a long stint -- and not long enough apparently -- in jail). Bitch I'm trying to help. I'm offering my home and any resources to you, and my transportation, at my risk, to come and get you! But you wanna answer the phone with a lecture? Go fuck yourself. Keep drinking the wine you just offered me knowing full well I don't drink. Piece of shit.

There are amazing people in this world, but some of them who aren't, are related to me.

She also asked if I got over the "the plandemic" while her little sidekick snickered in the background.

Bitch I'm wish I could take more of your rights away.

Anyway, how are y'all doing?

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I spent 4 hours today 4x4'ing through snow to take my mom to a doctor's appointment... day was pretty much a write-off, and I got to watch all sorts of funny shit while I was waiting.

For instance, a garbage bin (Waste Management) truck thought they'd take a bit of a short cut through an unplowed back alley, after knocking over some snow banks into a driveway, and got stuck... right in front of the old dude whose driveway it was.

It was FUNNY.

Dude gets out... surveys... gets in... guns it... smoke from tires... gets out, tries to dig out with stupid plastic shovel... old guy shows up yelling at him... judging him... guy again tries to gun it, melting snow and tires as tire smoke fills the air...

Then I had to leave as Mom texted she was ready for pickup.

But it was FUNNY.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you guys have a legal requirement for the "safety" spouts, or are you just getting dragged along for the ride because one of our politicians must have had a friend who owned a patent on them? I'm pretty sure that I spilled less gas as a child growing up on a farm and routinely lugging around 5gal jugs than I have as a suburban adult just trying to top off the lawnmower with the new cans.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

"Fuck... I'm stuck. But I'll giver to try and get out." You can see a little bit of tire smoke.

IMG_8595.jpeg

"shit... better try and dig myself out..."

IMG_8596.jpeg

Tries again... even MORE tire smoke.

IMG_8599.jpeg

Old guy comes out... "you fucking moron! it's what you get for making me shovel my drive again!"

IMG_8600.jpeg

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have no idea, nor do I care. They aren't investigating my tool shed in my backyard and writing me up for it, so fuck them, and the only requirement I have for filling them is "on the ground, and in a container meant for purpose". That was more to stop the morons from filling up garbage pails with cheap gas. I wish I was joking.... but I've seen a minivan pull up, open the side door, then start filling 3 large Rubbermaid garbage cans in the back seat with gas. Cops showed up pretty fast after that, and when I was leaving I heard some dispute over a refund that wasn't going to happen.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

as I was reading this, my doctor text me "the results of your recent lab tests are within normal limits. Look forward to seeing you at your next appointment." You're my lucky charm I guess. These were my liver labs (covid) that were high, but I guess considering the circumstances, "you're not dead" is within normal. For me.

Funny how many friends you have when you have a 4x4. My wife and boys got cabin fever so I took a break from trying to prevent shit from breaking and took them around in the john deere side by side. Amazing the fun you can have with a little bit of traction and a quality machine. But now people want help taking their trash out with it. Yeah, I'm not doing that. Trash pickup isn't coming.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Honestly, I think it's a manufacturing savings. It's easier and therefore cheaper to make a single opening gas can than one with added vents and parts. I bet you it saved some mediocre cash at scale so some MBA who doesn't even cut his grass in his downtown condo figured it was OK and pushed it through.

8. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I doubt it. The spouts are way more complicated and usually have multiple parts instead of a single tube.

I had a high school chemistry project where I am pretty sure the point was to teach us about solvents and containers. It was a scavenger hunt where we had to bring in samples of various chemicals, and it was where I learned that a coke can was a better way to transport gasoline than a Dixie cup.

I'm a big fan of properly labeling your containers. At the risk of revealing the color of my neck, I have experienced multiple occasions of pouring out and lighting a sample of fuel, then arguing with my brother about whether it was gas or diesel.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It was lousy out this morning, nothing was ploughed here. I actually got stuck embarrassingly in the middle of the road in front of my daughter’s school, but good folks were quick to push me out of a serious jam.. That was frustrating. It’s already a pain in the ass to drop a kid off there when the weather is perfect.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was thinking of the actual can itself... which would make up the most of the tooling.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

was it his trash day?

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

He had just finished cleaning out the end of his driveway, for the second time, due to the city plow coming through.

This WiseGuy came down the road, backed up into old guy's driveway to turn around, and in the process, cut the turn short and caused the driveway to be refilled with a ton of snow.

Old dude was legit upset. The building off in the distance is St. Joseph's hospital, so I wasn't too worried.

And yeah, we can thank CALIFORNIA for the fucking as can shit: https://fee.org/articles/how-government-wrecked-the-gas-can/

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And yeah, I can't remember who on here mentioned The Millennial Farmer YouTube channel on here months and months ago, but thanks... I haven't missed a single once since then, and have watched all the historical ones.

They are definitely "same day as they come out" watching for me.

Really makes me wish that I was a farmer, honestly. All my family on my dad's side were/are farmers, but it was never really an option for me. I get that it is a hard life, but it appeals to me.

Or did. Figure I'm way too late to that game now... but I lust after the day when I have a few acres and some tractors.

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that’s a mash-up of knowledge in the article though. The original glue lady got $24,000 donated, but I don’t think they give an exact number for this idiot.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I found out later, though, that as stupid as she was, she donated all of that raised cash. So stupid, yes... but seemed like she was doing the right thing.

Except for that whole "glue your hair to your head" thing.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

For those unfamiliar, both Justin Beiber AND yours truly were born in that building. Also Michael Wincott.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Californians may be being dicks to Texans right now, but even they can't compete with Texans being dicks to Texans:

[​IMG]

That dude was a mayor.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

As was I... many many moons ago.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

#180 Crown Royal, Feb 16, 2021