Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Well, they've successfully turned the whole thing in to a referendum about abuse and how it's proof of why people don't stand up to their abusers.

The take is devoid of nuance, and fails to recognize that some forms of abuse aren't a legal issue, are generally subjective, are often part of a pattern of mutual abuse, and blasting it across the airwaves might lead to a defamation suit. I think that if Amber Heard had better representation, and had not tried to make it an explicitly public matter, she would have had neutral to good outcomes here. File suit against him, do the case, maybe win, maybe lose, the law doesn't cover the gamut of human relations. The press comes in, "no comment". Afterwards, she could have _not_ attacked him specifically, but said that "it's important to me to stand up to domestic abuse wherever it is present and fight for your rights".

Edit: typo

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

THAT was a great way to start my morning.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She should have been able to win the defamation suit fairly easily because it was a shaky case at best and defamation suits are inherently difficult to win. It seemed pretty obvious that her second chair attorney wanted to go that route, but that Amber Heard was the one that forced it into a referendum on the truth of her abuse claims. It wasn't enough for her to win the case by not being wrong, she needed the world to acknowledge that she was right.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Admire the photos, don’t watch the movie. It’s one of the most obnoxious pieces of shit ever made.

If Amber Heard wasn’t hot there would be zero favouritism towards her with the exception of the third-wave feminist horde. The legions of pathetic white knights would be nowhere to be found.

The funny thing about being hot is that it’s finite— eventually age is GOING to get you and if you only got by in life strictly by being hot and using people to get what you want, suicide is pretty much the only friend you’ll have to turn to.

#64 Crown Royal, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    If anyone is curious how Captain Jack and Beck sounded, here it is. It's surprisingly listenable.

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does Jeff Beck still tour with Tal Wilkenfeld on bass? She’s a badass player, but what I remember most is her boob rests right on the body contour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.