Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] MOTHERS' DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is that good, and it's worth the line if you're willing to pick up a bunch of it at once.

The insane lines seem to be primarily at their Charlton location; I did a few pickups at their Deerfield location and only waited behind 4-5 cars at the maximum.

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

$8.50 for an ebook?!? Christ.

Our son has the 'rona, though the wife and I remain negative. I had it at the end of December so I guess I still have the immunity for now. So I'll take mom a flower basket I bought her, but it'll be a brief, masked visit just to be safe.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be in state in June and have been considering a run for a few years (a beer-snob friend said their doubleshot was the best stout he ever had). Is there a time of week that's better than others?

4. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you can do it on a non-weekend day, it's better. I stopped on a Tuesday afternoon on my way up to Amesbury and only had to wait behind 3 or 4 other cars.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've got family weddings on back to back weekends, so weekday would probably be the preferred day anyway. I can totally "work remote" from the car, right?

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Some more amazing graphics from Titanic Honor and Glory

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

As long as you’re making the drive, no harm cracking open a cold one on the drive home. Staties are fine with it.

As good as Treehouse is, some of the individual cans in their variety cases are duds. Orange and Green cans are the safest bets.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll probably target specific brews. I like chocolate/coffee stouts, so I'll aim for some of the doubleshot, and then I'll probably check reviews for whatever the best available IPA is if I'm grabbing something to bring back and share.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Weekdays are definitely best. We did two pickups on weekdays at Deerfield over the winter where we got in and out in about 5 minutes.

I'm a hazy IPA fan, and frankly, it's hard to go wrong there. I love the Julius, the Gggreennn!, Jammy IPA, Queen Julius... but they're all very good. If you're super into hops, they launched a Project Find The Limit series where they add increasingly large quantities of hops and they're kind of interesting in a, "I've never had this many hops in a beer before" kind of way.

You order online, on the morning that you want to pick the beer up, I think it opens at like 9am for orders. You save a little going with the pre-built 24-beer boxes, but if you're spending $100+ on beer it hardly matters if you just assemble your own and spend $10-15 more.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know they used to have a pretty low per-customer limit. With their expansion, do you know what the max order is these days?

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Happy Mother’s Day to the few mothers we have on here, and all the men who act like little bitches.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think you mean, “birthing people.”

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Sorry did I forget my pronouns?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers here... fuckers or otherwise.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think there is a max order online, one of our orders was 4x 24-can flats (picking up for some friends). If I jump on their website I can add basically as much as I want to my cart.

The limits weren't that tight when they were doing walk-ups anyway. Well, I suppose that depends on your definition, but when you can get 12-24 of each variety, I don't consider that very limited.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

A few months ago there were people loading up dollies with multiple cases. I don’t think there’s a limit anymore, at least not in Charlton.

17. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Imagine starting a brewery and someone telling you, "yeah, some day people are going to love this so much that you're going to have a line of people out the back of the parking lot, who will all wait an hour just to buy 100+ cans of your beer."

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Their profit margins must be so much better than their competitors. No sales people, shipping costs, distributors, retailers that owe money, etc.

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About a month ago we made Mother's Day lunch reservations at a waterfront restaurant about 10 miles downriver. The inlaws are all excited to take a ride in the boat. Then, the weather forecast turned to shit. What we thought would be a nice sunny day turned into 61* and overcast. For some reason they still want to take the boat. I've tried explaining that it's on open bow speed boat with no way to get away from the wind, but they're determined to take it.

20. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Try 46 with off and on rain. If it gets cold one more time, I'ma beat Weather's ass.

We take several boat rides in 61° throughout the year. Bundle up and try not to spray your passengers.

Man, how bout that derby? First year that completely lost everything I bet, about $500 this year. Did not see that coming, at all. Did not even rethink my bets when I saw that horse got moved up to race. $1.00 superfecta paid a whopping $321,500.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.