Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NAME YOURSELF [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can’t be the only one that gives zero fucks about lawns? Neighbors behind us are shelling out 50k to redo their entire landscape. Something from the boomer generation that didn’t pass to me. It was a pain in the ass chore to mow the lawn. My parents and aunts and uncle NEED to have that golf course set of lines at all times. I do enjoy mowing my grandpa’s place with the zero turn. Zippy fast and more pastoral scenery.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meh, I don't care a lot, but I do care a bit.

I just finished approving a $1.5k quote to automate/upgrade the front yard/garden irrigation systems. I'll go so far as to throw some fertilizer on it, cut it, and water it from the IOS app, but I'm not going to spend stupid money to make it look all fancy. It's been designed to be low maintenance from the start... one step up from a gravel pit.

3. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My dad definitely passed on his love the yard to me. I feel like it's more of a guy thing to care about the grass, but I'm an only child, and it was my chore to mow our .5 acre lawn...with a push mower because my dad didn't think I could handle the rider. Or maybe he just liked the fact that every week I mowed in different directions and made it look pretty. I love walking barefoot on the grass in the summer, and my grass growing up always felt like carpet. I want to achieve the same thing with my yard. Is it vain, stupid and a waste of money? Probably. But coming home and seeing a lush green yard makes me happy, so LET ME LIVE, DAMMIT.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Part of the obsession might definitely be generational. I mean, I want my yard to be taken care of, but the need to have the perfect golf course lawn you described is just not a concern. I grew up cutting acres on a riding lawnmower and just viewed that part as a chore.

I bought a 5lb sack of dutch clover yesterday. Clover is nice and green and can withstand some foot traffic. It'll choke out weeds once established so I won't be breeding invasives & weeds in the lawn, which would definitely piss off the neighbor across the street.

The only reason I want to specifically keep a lawn in the back is that it's nice for the dogs and kid, and lawns are made to withstand foot traffic that other groundcover is not able to. The frontyard could totally be a rock garden (I still like flowers around) but big landscaping changes are big $$. I'm more about keeping what we have nice and lower cost and maintenance. Luckily most of the plants put in the rock beds out front are fairly drought tolerant, it's just the grass that's needing to be adjusted.

5. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't enjoy taking care of my lawn, but I don't hate it either. I'm the same as Nett, My lawn and any plantings are as low maintenance as possible. All of our planting bed layouts are designed to reduce mowing and maintenance time. Once our patio is installed, we're planning on adding a sprinkler system to reduce water usage, time dragging hoses around, and hopefully regularly running the sprinklers will reduce the amount of grass burn from dog urine.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not gonna lie, I think the Tide commercial with Vanilla Ice, Ice-T, and Stone Cold Steve Austin is funny.

Also, it's sad that they have to put "Keep out of reach of children" in fine print at the bottom. Like it's sad that stupid kids are eating Tide pods, and it's sad that some attorney or standard legal practice made them add it, and it's sad that it is not actually a helpful warning because most people don't see it anyway.

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Didn't want to muddle the 'vid thread, but this .gif made me wonder if anyone actually misses Trump? Not his policies or anything. Just *him*? I have some pretty conservative friends who wanted him to win but said they actually won't miss him. (Probably the wrong group to ask)

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have no idea what Trump is doing this weekend, or what he thinks about anything. It's glorious.

9. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm still waiting to see him eat shit.

Seriously, when the hell is he going to be arrested for any of the crimes he has committed? If that fat fuck walks and lives the rest of his life a free man, the it proves what I've always believed: there is no God.

(Nett, you can move this to another thread if you want.)

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like we should, collectively, be preparing his fans for the fact that when he dies there's going to be a massive celebration, and no one is going to apologize for it no matter how much they whine.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

i think there’s a lot of cases building. Things they have access to now where they can actually build a (more) rock solid case(s).

as far as missing him, the dude was absolutely brilliant comedy fodder. And I will miss that. Even if I couldn’t truly enjoy it because it also was real and horrifying, I do miss seeing some guy makes a joke on like snl or John Oliver and immediately there’s a tweet and bitch fight. If I could remove the real life implications, then yes I would miss trump.

on a completely different topic, I’m officially an old white guy:

I was playing darts with some family and they were blasting these new rappers. Tak9 or some shit? Some other dude that’s like all numbers? And I know this is the most white thing ever, but I was just overwhelmed by the language and violence. Yes, I know “glock” rhymes with “cock” and “pussy juice” apparently rhymes with “and imma make moves.” But seriously wtf? At least Eminem could write an actual lyric about ovulation without the assistance of 30 loud gunshots in the background you made sure your audience heard because you referenced them along with “my gun, is for fun” and “I don’t play, you pay.” I amused myself by thinking of each rapper being secretly really insecure in their manhood and shooting accuracy so they’re trying to compensate via middle school rhymes.

seriously, fuck off. Let’s listen to some good backwoods country like Tyler Childers

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Also, at least DMX had a hard life he could write about. He didn’t bark like a dog to seem tough. He did that because when he was a child, he used to go out in the woods at night and befriend stray dogs, as a way to escape the own domestic violence at home. Those dogs were the only thing that loved him, including his own mother.

yet these stupid fuckers now with pig tails and holes in their ears so big I could fuck through it. They auto tune talk into a microphone worth more money than the apartment Redman showed off on mtv cribs. You’re rapping about being free and not a slave, then in the next breath you’re literally bragging about the “chainz” around your neck. Fuck. Put your head down and let me use your ear gauge like a cock ring while I anal my wife. The fuck people think saying shit like “I don’t fuck with the cops because I’m an animal not a criminal” in any way makes me want to pay you money for that song? If you steal shit I’m gonna steal shit too then! Maybe there’s a reason they make the bass drown out their voice.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Hopefully anybody who mourns him will be publicly shamed for it. It’s not like they’re not asking for it.

His death will deserve a celebration. And it won’t be too far away from now too, how many obese 75 year olds have you ever seen? Fatass is already on borrowed time.

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We went to the opry the night they were inducted. Coolest thing was that before they show they played outside the entrance, just like they were busking. I’ll see if I can find a picture I took. They definitely have talent, as overplayed as “Wagon Wheel” is these days.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Ha. They're on my old company's label:

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 1.38.09 PM.jpg

17. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The kid is a talented musician. Not a voice that fits Idol, but definitely fits OCMS.

He was working on finishing up something I wrote a decade ago, wonder if it will make it on an album. A song I called "wreck on the low road". That'd be sweet.

#117 Fiveslide, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was he the one that Luke Bryan got a slot at the Opry? Or the one with the Dwight Yoakam hat technique?

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, I don't know about all that. I still couldn't make myself watch Idol. His stage name on Idol was Mason Picks

Edit:. OCMS just posted on Facebook about the addition. He's back to using his given name, Mason Via.

#119 Fiveslide, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  20. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, neither. My wife watches it, which means I also watch it. He was good. And it goes to show you, winning isn’t the victory you really needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.