Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL BATH DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The Wrangler itself will always be a pinnacle for Jeep. Some of its recent bastard children though? Like the Moab?

FF5A23CE-4ADD-47A6-8FC8-BAE51E107816.jpeg

2. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea if you live in a dry climate the wrangler is fine. Any sort of weather and most of the wranglers leak like a sieve. And this is coming from my friends that work there, parts and mechanic. When the guys that work there tell you not to buy one, you listen.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The Jeep Renegade from the golden era of the Wrangler is just a badass ride. Like the old school open-back Bronco, EVERYBODY wanted one.

I’ve never had any issue or large complaints with Buick. Smooth and quiet rides, repairs were neither frequent nor expensive. Small gas tanks are my one big complaint with their cars/SUVs. But still good mileage.

#43 Crown Royal, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  4. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

So...I shouldn’t rent a Jeep for my 2 week road trip/vacation then?

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don’t know dude... I totally rebuilt a Jeep for a 2 month road trip, and it was totally worth it.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’ve always wanted one, still do for that specific type and fbpurpose.

Would this be the Jeep you installed an A/C outlet in so you could make cocktails during traffic jams and ferry rides? That was definetly a win.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep. That’s the one.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a risk I happen to be lazy enough to take.

Honestly though, I might not do it either way because there's something deeply amusing about an unmowed lawn that isn't even their own gnawing away at a person's sanity. I like to think he's been tossing and turning in his sleep for nights on end.

On a separate note, I used to build custom cars that would sell for over a millions dollars, but in all seriousness I never understood people who obsess over them. Give me something that doesn't break down twice a week and gets decent gas mileage, but beyond that is everything else is just bullshit to me. It amazes me how few guys seem to share that sentiment. Yes, I'm well aware I'm the odd duckling as far as this goes.

9. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always wanted a midsize sports sedan(cst-v/m5/s6etc) i always look at the used prices which drop huge, but then i keep thinking do i really need it, do i really need the increased gas bill, increased insurance. I still love my 02 Civic that gets great gas millage and is paid off.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My 2015 F-250 came stock with about half a dozen of those and they are insanely useful.

Who the fuck actually uses a cigarette lighter for its intended purpose anyway? Hell I'd be surprised to find someone under the age of at least 30 who can identify what originally went in there. I haven't seen an actual vehicle-charged cigarette lighter in years.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Did you guys also know it’s impossible to tell the difference between a PT Cruiser from a 1934 Ford?

Uncanny, dude.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Did some wood chipping today, just cleaning up a bunch of brush around the house. Some of it got stuck, so I did what any red-blooded man would do, and grabbed the nearest long-handled garden implement I could find and tried shoving shit down into the hopper.

Well, that garden implement was a short spade, and it turns out the handle was metal, and it got a little too close to the whirling chunks of death metal. Therefore, said metal handle of shovel came into contact with the spinning implements of chipping, and fucked some stuff up. Shut it down in a hurry, proceeded to get pissed at myself for being a dumbass.

Ripped about 30 bolts off of the thing, and found out that i'd bent a guard/cleansing tooth out of alignment so that it hit the spinning metal bits with every revolution. Not good.

Ground it off, then re-assembled everything.

Fired it up, it worked.

TLDR; Today was a good day: fixed a 17HP chipper, didn't die.

IMG_6166.jpeg

(Seriously... all that heavy metal shit is attached to the drive output of a 17HP Briggs and Stratton running at WOT.... it's kind of scary. You can see where I cut the bent guard/cleaner tooth off because it was bent too far out of shape to fix)

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Woooo it's my Friday bitches! I am going to do so much gardening tomorrow. My neighbor taught me how to install irrigation lines so that shit is gonna be everywhere. Also might have a whiskey in the tub to celebrate.

We are short at work and my 1 coworker is about to wrap it up since she is due in July with her bebe. I am going to enjoy sharing the workload while I can because I sense my job satisfaction may take a small dive in about 3 weeks. On the plus side, no weird new personalities to deal with. On the other hand I'm probably going to have to ask the manager in the building next door to change out the water cooler. Ah well, ya win some, ya lose some.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Something strange happened last night: I got a call from my brother. For those of you not up to speed, I haven't spoken to him in years.

I didn't talk to him (I didn't recognize the number), but he left a voice message asking to meet him at a truck stop disturbingly close to my house, and he asked me to bring a gun.

Not "how are you doing li'l bro? Sorry about all the shit I did to you and dad!", but " meet me at _____ truck stop, and bring a pistol. "

Needless to say, I didn't go.

Also, he said that his recent motorcycle accident WASN'T an accident, a revelation that doesn't surprise me, as he's had a couple of other accidents over the years with dubious explanations.

I'm curious to see how all of this turns out.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Curious indeed.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I say bring the gun and meet up. What’s the worst that could happen?

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Pussy.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

In Texas? Nothing I’m sure.
    CB768E45-FDC9-4F36-84B1-921B916EDC71.jpeg

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look at it this way. The worst that could happen is you shoot each other to death and maybe a few other people who happen to be in area. No big deal.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

He didn’t say what kind of gun, did he?

Get a Walmart airsoft pistol (cheaper the better), hand it to him and say you’re on your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.