Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL BEER LOVERS' DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not National Free Boat Day. What are you doing here?

2. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fun Fact #638: If you can’t even budge the cork in a bottle of Prosecco that’s been lounging in your fridge for 2 years, leave it on the counter for 20 minutes. Not only will that bitch open itself, it’ll give you a fancy new skylight, for free! (Not as cool as a free boat)

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone ever buy a beater truck off craigslist/cargurus etc.? I need to just get a reasonable truck I can drive into the ground just for dump runs, farting around on ththe weekends, etc. Any suggestions?

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I've bought and sold... the idiots you will have to deal with will be mind-boggling and beyond frustrating. I find you either run into really nice people or scum of the earth... not much in between.

I'd just be wary of paperwork... ensure anything you buy is registered and running on the road currently and has title in hand.

I've seen people sell their trucks once they fall apart so much that they get pulled off the road and then require work to get road-worthy, so they just want to flip it rather than spend the time/money to get it fixed. They'll spin you a line like they just didn't need the truck so took the plates off it, or something like that, when really the thing is a write-off that they couldn't get renewed. Happens a lot with Jeeps when the frame rots out.

Not sure what inspections/etc you need in Boston, but be sure whatever you get is up to date and legit.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Needs to be registered and pass emissions to drive on the road at any point. I wouldn’t take anything without test driving, maintenance history of some kind and an accident history. Most deals are too good to be true. 2005 Rangers with 60k miles for $1500, etc.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Craigslist is for people who want to post directly. We used car gurus and cars.com to Shop prices and features on our 2015 SUV, which saved us thousands of dollars, but we were looking at ads from dealers. Honestly, I would be wary of Craigslist personally since I am not very mechanically savvy. Of course you would need anything that you purchased off of a random to be checked out thoroughly by a trusted mechanic. In general I have heard people with much better luck finding deals off of older family members or family members of friends that you trust. The older people who are getting rid of their vehicles never drove the vehicle much and usually it has been kept in a really great condition, but they may be an older model. I would put the word out to family members what you are looking for. Even if a family member does not have something to get rid of more eyes may help you find a for sale by owner in person.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Blue Bog and The Bee coming out of nowhere...and all it took was BEER. Seriously. Gotta love it.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What was the guy that discovered milking a cow actually trying to do?

9. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Foreplay.

10. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I had to guess, his wife wasn't lactating and his child was starving with no wet nurse available (poor, rural) and he figured rather than let his child die he'd see if cow's milk would work.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Then explain Prairie Oysters.

I just think that sometimes farmers go a bit fucking nuts and get their freak on.

I just want to know how that first conversation with another farmer went.

"Ok, Billy... this is going to sound fucking nuts, but I'm telling ya, just hear me out... no, it's not like that time I told you about having a finger shoved up your ass... it's different this time..."

12. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Realistically? It probably started with somebody seeing a calf, and then a guy sucking on some teets.

13. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll take a shot at it. In beef production bulls are castrated, not entirely sure but I think they put on weight better afterwards and then you can control what bloodlines are promoted keep them from breeding too closely. Years back farmers were generally poor and so they couldn't "pay" others that were helping them. Eating the bull nuts was an excuse for a feast without butchering an animal before it was ready?

I'm making all of that up but it would make some sense to me, especially considering how little goes to waste when you look at Hispanic culture and the foods they eat.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

According to my psychology professor in college, a lot of police academies will use that as a trial question during a lie detector test. And that a lot of cadets Spike on that question pretty hard when they answer.

I really do not want to know how common fucking farm animals is.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It makes sense... especially when you consider that old-school sheep castration was done by the farmer, using his mouth. Grab the sheep, chew out the testicle, turn and spit.

That makes for a pretty big pile of McNuggets that wouldn't be that hard to consider for the dinner plate.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was in Morocco, the village where I stayed prepared a big traditional meal on the last day with a goat. The testicles were included as part of the platter. To them, there wasn't any consideration that they wouldn't be. They're not treated as organs, they're meat.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I want one of these signs.

sign.jpg

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're predicting 15+ inches of rain for us.

Everyone has lost their minds.

Can anyone tell me why fucking milk is one of the first things to fly off the shelves in a disaster? Like it's going to do you a lot of good to have rapidly spoiling dairy during a power outage?

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Damn, Skippy... hope shit works out for you all right. Stay safe.

As to the milk... it's easy. People be nuts in any kind of disaster situation like this, and milk/dairy are some of the first deliveries that are interrupted. Odds are the shelves have already started to empty out naturally because they haven't been stocked yet, so people see it empty and go into "oh my god they are getting the milk and I don't want to be left short", and generally stop thinking rationally.

Just watch some live footage of a Walmart or some other big store like that when big natural shit is heading their way... it's like a mentally retarded Black Friday event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.