Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL LAZY MOMS DRINKING CHIANTI DAY[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Now I'm drunk and confused.

Are you imitating a fragrant Indonesian motorcycle?

Capture.PNG

2. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

YOU’RE NOT A HERO

I PREFER MODS WHO DON’T GET CAPTURED

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fuck no... I'm a Sturgis Poster Boy!

4. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did it have anything to do with this?

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

MAYBE.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I spent a lovely evening in my shop, setting up new tool chests and other storage options. For HOURS. While having some lovely rum and cokes. The end result is that I now have so much more mobile stacked/rolling storage in my shop, and so much more open room for activities.

Then I came in and MIGHT have had some gin and tonics while watching some old Top Gears and catching up on some YouTube subscriptions.

Gotta love a 4-day long weekend.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Grrrr...

I so wish I could earn a living anywhere but here.

I used to have my own house. My own 100+ acres to play on. My heavy equipment to play with. My toy car in the garage.

Now?

FML.

I have my property in MO and it's paid for, but it's just not the same. I'm stuck in the God forsaken desert dealing with crazy people and trying to get back to where I was 15 years ago.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... my company (as in I was one of the owners) got acquired by a company that is currently doing an IPO on the NYSE.

I'm 3 years away from cashing out and retiring.

I can not wait.

Until then I take all the time off I can to play in my shop.

9. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. So my brother in law and his new blonde went to Sturgis and he made a big deal about how a) no one was there and b) “most people wore masks.” I didn’t see any on that video. He’s a Trump fan, I’m half surprised I didn’t see him get interviewed. Although he is generally articulate and not a screaming nut job.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

11. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19 years here, if I want to get my full pension. On my 65th birthday I have on my Google calendar, “Happy birthday, you can retire this year.” Then on Dec. 19, 2039 is another: “Merry Christmas, you can retire if you want.”

And I fully intend to, it’ll be my Christmas gift to myself. I’ll finish the workweek, leave for Christmas break and never return. Ya gotta have long term goals I guess.

12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Concentrate on your writing more, start churning out books like Hugh Howey. Whom, by the way, lives on a 52' sailing catamaran, I guess he still lives on Wayfinder, not really sure.

https://m.charlestoncitypaper.com/c...ets-sail-around-the-world/Content?oid=5936526

I've taken several mini retirements to chase dreams. I'd get myself in a position where I had enough money or needed very little money and take off to do something cool for as long as I could. If my family medical history has any input, I would not have been able to enjoy the things I dreamed of doing. Debilitating RA that is starting to show first symptoms, history of heart attacks and strokes in our sixties, I needed to get out and do some cool shit while I could.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the last 15 years or so I’ve made sure my employment doesn’t get in the way of life. There’s always time for writing, music, or just sitting under a shade tree watching the world go by. I’m way happier and easier to live with than when I was making more money.

People say, “It must be nice,” and it is. But everyone can do it if they live within their means.

14. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In Louisiana, even swamp ass has swamp ass.

I bet it's a revelation when one of yall figures out that dry things exist outdoors. Holy shit.

Even the beach sand here sweats.

Evaporation is a physical impossibility here.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I thought you liked to get down and dirty though?

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Making enjoying our lives and space a priority is one thing my whole household took from quarantine.

fuck this running around and frantic bullshit sideways on a Sunday.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I bitch about how expensive water is from time to time but living here, with low humidity, is amazing. I'll take the expensive water for that exchange. I have lived somewhere with high humidity and heat pretty much my whole life and the weather here is like vacation at home. I no longer become drenched walking 20' outside. Used to think I had overactive sweat issues due to all that. Naw. Just lived in a dirty swamp.

18. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just made my wagers on the derby. It's a virtual impossibility that Tiz the Law will lose but a straight win bet just wasn't lucrative enough or even fun, so I went with several exotic bets.

Anyone else watching, drinking mint julips, or have any thoughts on the race?

19. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I refuse to do anything outside between May and October unless it's a football game or it involves some body of water. I will occasionally grill, but I have a large fan outside that stays on pretty much all day for smoke breaks and such. Plus, mosquitoes LOVE me. I will get bit 3-4 times before anyone else around me gets so much as buzzed by one. Our plan is to move whenever it's a realistic possibility to somewhere at least 2 states north of here. I'm ready to trade the 5 months out of the year I can't go outside in the heat for the 3-4 months it's too cold to go outside. I have plenty of cold weather clothing I can put on to go outside. I can legally take off only so much... and nobody wants to see that.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So ever since Covid happened and schools shut down, Li'l Bandit has decided he wanted to drop his cello major to pursue a degree in -
    wait for it -
    Automotive technology.

Yup. Since the local tech college is only doing classes online, I told him to save his financial aid money this semester and just get a job in the meantime.

Well, guess where an position opened up: my job.
    That's right, Li'l Bandit will be working with me at the shop I work at.
    This will be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.