Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL LAZY MOMS DRINKING CHIANTI DAY[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

There's a big fire nearby we are listening out for evacuation orders about. We are all packed up. I am glad my husband's friend told us about it before we started getting alerts on our phone because it took us 40 minutes to get our shit together.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wow... hope things work out OK for you guys.

3. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hope y'all don't have to evacuate. If you do, stay safe.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm so glad I moved out of the heart of forest fire zones in BC.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Information is poor and there haven't been any updates but as far as I can tell from the police scanner, the fire is moving generally away from us.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

until the wind shifts. Holy shit I’m having anxiety just thinking about it. I’d pack my bags and get out if it was even remotely close. Fire scares the hell out of me, it can spread so fast and once you’re in it you can’t do shit. At least here with tornadoes, I could hear it with enough time to get to my neighbor’s basement, or get to the center of the house. Fires? Fuck you and the defensible space around your home.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Come on, dude... it's not that bad... she's in a civilized area with oversight, she's not some smoke jumper on the side of a mountain running from a mob boss and his crew who robbed an amoured truck in a cheesy movie.

I've lived in fire zones for years, and have been packed and ready to bug out a couple times... there is plenty of notice, as long as you've got your shit packed.

I've been so close to bugging out that my neighbours who WERE evacuated were calling me for updates of their houses that I could see out of my bedroom window, and I'd send them pics of their back yards.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yeah it's not that bad. It's anxiety-inducing just because it's a new type of natural disaster to deal with. We are in the heart of a little town and everyone has to irrigate their property because it doesn't really rain here. So while the grasses and brush in the undeveloped areas are burning we are in a little semi oasis. We have enough of a heads-up to get out of town and our bags are packed.

The most concerning part (to me) is that we would probably be headed to Portland, to stay with hub's Mom. Who totally lies about her out of the house activity levels because she wants to see her grandkid.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

yup, never lived in a fire zone so I have no clue the realities of it. Maybe irrational fear then? I’m still terrified of it. The only wildfire that’s been remotely close was one that started on a military base, about 20 miles from us. I was shitting bricks listening to the police scanner on my phone.

I’m so terrified of it that when we did my brother in law’s gender reveal with a pound of tannerite, I ran a sprinkler on a hose in the area for 5 hours before hand, staged 3 fire extinguishers behind nearby trees and hit it with a hose soon as he shot. I’m really good at doing stupid shit, but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna be caught in a fire.

also, deep water where I can’t see the bottom scares the shit out of me too. That and sharks. Fire, deep water, sharks. Pretty much everything else that can kill me has already tried so I know I’m cool with that.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

11. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven’t followed where everyone lives, but I hope everyone makes it through this insane 2020 bullshit okay.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Nooooo! Goddamn, 2020.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I know, right? One of my favourite shows ever...

No more Shallow Gravy. :(

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Banned.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You can try. :)

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I can't even change your user title thingy. My powers are useless against you.

18. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, this is me. Denver was 98 yesterday with a high of 30 today with rain and snow mix this morning. Colorado is known to be a little bipolar and I kind of love it. I got all my plants covered or brought inside, got some firewood ready if the mood strikes and I’m making chili in the crock pot.

There are a couple huge fires in the mountains that I hope get slowed down with the moisture, everything here has been so hazy and my fucking throat hurts from the smoke.

@bewildered Hopefully your local fire got squashed?

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm not sure if the fire was extinguished or moved to a whole new area, it is hard to get information and the last update was last night. But I think we are in the clear. The air has cleared up a lot too, all day yesterday was super hazy and windy. It was almost yellow outside.

20. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fires are out of control around here.
    Click this link, enter your zip code and check your air quality. We're at 455

https://www.airnow.gov/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.