Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL MAKE YOUR BED DAY[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Toytoy, I definitely recall that song. Always had a soft spot for it.

2. Wut

Wut
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

“Pick up and fumble” was our name for it. When you were tackled you threw the ball up in the air and whomever caught it was the next runner.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

y'all NOLA is about to get absolutely fucked again. Storm surge is one thing, they have flood gates to keep that stuff out. Can't do anything when it rains on top of the fishbowl though, which is what this hurricane (TS now) -- a rain event.

models and stuff

4. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Just posted a note on my facebook feed that any friends and family in NOLA or along the Louisiana gulf coast needs to start packing and thinking about evacuation routes. There is more than enough warning now that we should not see the same last minute clusterfuck that was the mass of people stuck in traffic trying to get out 1 day ahead of Hurricane Katrina.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sigh. Yup. I had ONE day off since August 16th. It will likely be my last til damn near November.

We have a NWS liaison attached to our office, and he's looking worried. "It's done nothing but strengthen, and it's headed straight for vulnerable areas." Some of those areas are where Laura evacuees currently are.

Last time I checked, for Laura we have about 90k without power, just under 20k in shelters and 14k without water in Beauregard, Cameron and Calcasieu parishes. NOLA hotels are at about half capacity, supposedly with evacuees and responders. There's plenty of resources on this side of the state preparing to move to the other side.

FEMA has turned on something called critical needs assistance, which amounts to $500 for most folks, pretty much no questions asked. It's not universal, but if you live in one of the declared parishes, I'd encourage you to apply whether you need it or not, because chances are by next week you'll need it. Given the heat index, they will also allow cash for generators. We also pay for hotels/lodging and expenses for survivors, including pets. So there's no financial reason not to get out of dodge.

On top of this, LA has one of the worst COVID rates per capita in the US, and the governor just went to phase 3, for no discernible reason. And we have a few days left of funding in FY20, with six systems spinning in the Atlantic. We have a lot of folks supporting virtually, and it's going to be a challenge to get folks here on the COVID side and logistically. So, nothing about this is going to be simple or easy.

I've been in LA for a little over two weeks now, and I will swallow hard and promise you we will do everything we can to make sure this isn't a repeat of Katrina. We can't do everything, we need everyone in range of this storm to help. That means heeding warnings, evacuating, helping your neighbors, and being patient. I am happy to do anything I can for the folks in the path, so reach out if I can do anything to help get people out of harm's way.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I wish I knew where these air sensors were located because 4 different websites have 4 different readings. The aqi.org site is all fucky, no way our 2.5pm is 0 or 4. The high number I see on accuweather is 402 which is probably closer to the truth. There is quite the haze in the air and we are doing a lot to keep it out of the house. New MERV 12 filters in the AC, purifiers running, damp sheets shut in the front door. I still get a whiff of smoke here or there.

7. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I posted a pic of my son in his go-kart in a mudhole. Well, when we got back to the mother-in-law's house that day, she took a picture of us, we were both soaked and muddy as hell. She posted it on Facebook, apparently not looking at it very much. I was wearing basketball shorts with no underwear, the impression of my pecker in those wet basketball shorts is clear as day.

At least it looks good, looks as big around as a coke can.

#67 Fiveslide, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lotta mud buildup, huh?

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

winter hair

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I made a cup of coffee with my Keurig this morning...too bad I forgot to put a cup underneath.

How's everyone else's Monday so far?

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

our cat ate the flowers from my wife's grandfather's funeral she was saving on our dresser.

In his defense, they were very tempting and he's been trying to get at them for a while so he gave her plenty of warning. In her defense, fucking cat.

12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I said 'looks', in no way did I mean to imply it is actually an impressive penis.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Got absolutely shitty night's sleep... finally was getting asleep around 6am only to be woken up at 7am with excavators and other heavy equipment starting to work on the infrastructure upgrade in front of the house... said "fuck it", Slacked in saying i'd be showing up late.

It's going to be a long day.

14. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm currently paying agreed to alimony. It simply made the best sense for my kids. Otherwise, the disparity in our incomes would have lead to a shitty situation on that side and I have no doubt my kids would have suffered more through the experience because of it.

Not that I'm not eagerly looking forward to the day it ends because rather than realize her life has changed and she should probably seek employment while the kids are in school she's decided to only work on the side for cash to also keep my child support as sky high as it is... but, whatever. Divorce is always going to lead to some shitty situations, I'm just glad to be out.

15. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When I bought my first place, I was finalizing everything with my lawyer when I mentioned I was letting my friend rent a room while he was looking for his own place.

His advise was to always, regardless of your relationship with the person, make sure you have a lease.

The reason is that if he lived there for more than a year, he could claim we were in a relationship and claim half of the house. Apparently he had seen this happen with roommates before and the status of the relationship becomes a his word against mine situation.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's no longer a year... in some places it's as low as 6 months.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Sally is now a Cat 2. She was a tropical storm earlier today. Fucking bitch.

18. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Had a root canal done today, and I'm pretty sure that I saw a dental assistant come really close to getting fired on the spot. She set out the wrong drill bit. Then the only one they could find was dirty. Then after it had gone through the autoclave, she dropped it on the floor and had to clean it again. They gave me a second dose of novocaine, and I ended up being there for five hours, which meant that I was still there when they had a non-patient walk-in come in two minutes before closing time. They had the guy in a chair already by the time they bothered to mention it to the dentist, which I know because he was working on me when they told him about it.

19. Wut

Wut
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The eye of Paulette passed directly over us this morning. It was dark and the eye of a hurricane in the dark isn’t very interesting. I went back to bed. Power is back on but internet isn’t so I’m relying on cell data.

20. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.