Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] PLANT A VEGGIE GARDEN DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Quit giving me ideas. I'm trying to talk myself out of this.

Even worse, my girlfriend is encouraging this idea too. But she also encourages me moving to Romania and that isn't happening either.

On the plus side the house has a new roof and new windows. It's going to need at the least new electric, heater, cooling, and plumbing. That's probably at least $200K. And then comes paint, flooring, and all sorts of other shit.

It's a cool house, but I'd rather have a little house and a Viper. And a C8. And a Shelby.

2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s awful quiet here for a weekend drunk thread. I’ve been drinking vodka and Red Bull and watching Jupiter’s Legacy, which has me in disagreement with both the reviews of this show and the main characters. Anyone else watching this?

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

we’re owl asleep

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Probably my favorite channel on youtube, done by a company that is finally putting out some good content again (though this was back from Jan):

**edit** well shit, while All Gass No Breaks was canceled, the dude behind it now has a new channel

#44 Revengeofthenerds, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
  5. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still a little hungover from the wine party last night and the after event cocktails.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was up until 2 am, then woke up at 7 am, wide awake and ready to go. Typically I would roll over and go back to sleep for another hour or so, but for some reason I felt fully rested. My body is fucking weird.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Give me some of your energy, old man.

8. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

So...got married yesterday. Surprisingly not hungover today(just tired). Honeymoon starts today.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His short viral videos are great. I tried listening to a couple of his long form "podcast" videos he does with some friends and it was completely unlistenable.

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Congrats to one vagina for the rest of your life.

Where's the honeymoon?

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Congrats! Long life and happy marriage to you.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Anyone here love their drip coffee maker?

I like really dark, bold, flavorful coffee. Coffee in my Mr Coffee on bold setting was fine to me. That coffee maker pooped out awhile ago and I've been drinking a moka pot with my Folgers black silk preground and really like that. My neighbor gave me a Cuisinart drip with a grinder on top that she was getting rid of. Maybe I'm just acclimated to the bold moka pot but this stuff tastes like ass.

Maybe I'll just buy another Mr Coffee. Pisses me off that it just stopped working after a few years, though.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

welcome to the best club on earth. Congrats man!

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I really like my push-button-does-it-all SAECO, as nothing can beat it for time-to-coffee. I treat my coffee time like a pit stop... fast, effective, get back in the game.

However, when I'm in the mood to just enjoy the process, nothing beats a French Press, to me.

And the actual coffee you use, in any case, matters in a big way. Grinding it yourself is much better than using pre-ground... the freshness of the grind really does make a difference.

Your neighbour's gift might just need to be properly cleaned. The oils from coffee are insanely bitter, and will stick to a lot of the grinder parts. I use a these as you just drop them in as if they were beans and it does a fairly good job of cleaning all the old shit away. Otherwise you get a funky taste that just builds over time.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Giant elephant ears going in the ground. Just digging holes for two of them and I’m fucking exhausted. Stupid covid shit. Gonna look good though. Thus entails my “gardening” for this season.

8D546508-5D02-45F3-86D2-5147B98BB59D.jpeg

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

@Nettdata I'll give her a more thorough cleaning and reserve my judgement til then.

You're right about using fresh ground beans. But, I actually really like the taste of this particular coffee and have drank it for years. It's really good in the moka pot. I might pick up some beans to see if that makes a difference in this particular machine.

Anyone swear by their perculator? My mom was obsessed with hers for years but as some point in the last couple decades switched to drip and I haven't heard shit about it since.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Then that's all that matters.

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Obsessed no, but I prefer a percolator coffee. I think it tastes better and it reminds me of weekends and holidays at my grandmothers house. It’s sitting in my kitchen now but I haven’t used it in probably 3 years. I need to dust it off and take it for a spin.

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard that percolators make the strongest coffee.

Like Misanthropic, hearing one brings back memories of summers at my grandparents house.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I really like strong coffee. I might have to get one. Do you percolator drinkers find it to be more bitter, or just stronger?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.