Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] PRESIDENT'S DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 16, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I love how in Outland the “ professional” killer doesn’t consider how it might be a bad idea to open fire on your target while he’s outside in a perfect vacuum.

Great set pieces, though.

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, came to the WDT to see my fellow idiot's good times and read a bunch of posts about PTSD and cops shooting at a handcuffed guy. Meh, guess it's fitting seeing that I'm in my least favorite place (LA) with my least favorite weather (cold and rainy)

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, probably shoulda went serious thread on that. But it was funny because the guy was uninjured and the cop was a total sissy. We just didn't have jokes.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

“My legs when numb when it hit me”. He actually fucking said that in the bodycam. These are the people who are ALLOWED to walk around with a gun and shoot people. And they could be pulling you over next.

If this is not attempted murder, that means nothing is. Because there is no actual excuse for this.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I give him a tiny tiny bit of credit for having the self awareness to be like "I definitely should not be a police officer" and resigning immediately.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He should not be trusted with so much as a library card, much less guns and qualified immunity.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pump the breaks a little and say adrenaline does some funky shit to you, whether the danger is real or imagined. The human mind is a terrible a perceiving reality when fight or flight is involved. I had the same weird legs won’t work reaction the first time I got a hit in softball. Never played organized sports and I was nervous as hell not wanting to look like an idiot to my new friends living in Shanghai. Got the hit and ran to first base and just the intensity of the whole situation my legs gave out, literally useless jello. I half ass slid into first base. Kind of like a quarterback giving themselves up. Keyed up it happened at each successive base. The team captain started yelling at me at third base to quit sliding if the ball wasn’t around me so I could keep running if I needed to. Totally embarrassed. My batting and fielding were terrible so I ended up riding a lot of pine.

No point into getting into dumping a clip into the car but I get the Adrenaline can fuck with you.

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know I'd make a good police officer. I just don't know, nor do I care to ever try it. I do think I could make a good police chief and be good at weeding out the bad and/or incompetent ones. Better than who's doing the hiring and firing now anyway. The other officer would be gone, too.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would be excellent at saying "O'Brien, you're suspended! I want your gun and badge on my desk!"

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will bust yous two cocksuckers down to meter maids if you fuck this up!

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd be a terrible cop. I already know that I'd get a serious attitude with a little of power and in disaster scenarios, I'm the guy literally running in circles trying to figure out what to do.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like I'd make it about a month before I got my first performance review, and my Lieutenant would be like "You made zero arrests, you responded to zero calls, but you did issue 40,000 'parking in the bike lane' citations in just four weeks. Yeah, we're letting you go."

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Possibly same except it'd be "I feel like I'd make it about a month before I got my first performance review, and my Lieutenant would be like "You made zero arrests, you responded to zero calls, but you did issue 40,000 tickets for bicyclists failing to stop at stop signs in just four weeks. Yeah, we're letting you go."

15. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After the bombings of public transport in Brussels 2016, people were on edge riding public transport in Europe for a bit. They day after I was on the subway in Stockholm and some young arab guy in the train car decided it would be hilarious to jump up, open his jacket and scream ”allahu akbar”.

I discovered that when I am what appears to be life or death situation adrenaline makes my legs go dead and not work. So much for my childhood fantasy of being the hero. I will just die with the rest of the unwashed masses, with jellfied legs.

16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I got cut with a box cutter in an attempted mugging, my legs did not fail me. They worked like a champ and I was able to run like hell after shoving the guy away. Maybe because I had been drinking. But I have had some jelly leg moments in reaction to some other things, like barely avoiding a head on collision. Gave me that burst of adrenaline and tensed up so fast it hurts.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Spent the day at the Santa Monica Pier with the grandson. As in, just him, me and the wifey. That was fucking bizarro world level shit for me. I've never spent that much time with a little one and while it was fun, I didn't mind when we passed him back to his parents lol.
    Headed home tomorrow and then back in a few months for his first birthday. Already?!?!?!

20. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I posted a few months back about Jägerette getting laid off this coming may, and the big ass severance package she gets. She had a meeting today and for some reason she is getting a raise. We can not figure out why a company would give someone who is being laid off in a couple months a raise.

She even asked ”you remember you’ve laid me off, right?”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.