Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] READ TOLKIEN DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds like a good religion to me. What is the Silmarillion’s take in cutting off pieces of your penis?

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fuck I love Amazon.

Fuck I hate Amazon.

Every now and then I peruse the grocery section in Amazon because they occasionally have stuff that is stupidly cheap... as in delivered to me for half the price I'd have to pay at the local grocery store... never mind the added joy of not having to go out and deal with people, line ups, parking, etc.

Needless to say, found me some relish, which was on The List.

Score!

Ordered up 4 of them, for $5 delivered. $5 delivered... for 4 squeeze bottles. Fuck yeah!

Shows up the next day...

IMG_0525.jpeg

I reach out to Customer Support, explain what's going on... which is "hey, 1 of the bottles got hit hard enough in shipping that the lid popped off and it's everywhere. I need a replacement for that 1 of 4 bottles."

"Sure, we'll resend the order."

"No, I just need one... the other 3 are messy, but fine now that I've rinsed them off."

"Can't do that... sorry..."

So yeah, today I had 4 new relishes show up.

I now have 7 bottles of relish for $5.

I don't eat that much relish.

4. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you have to send them a picture to prove it was damaged?
    Because if not, all my orders are gonna have some damage in the future, if you know what I mean.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was ready to, wanted to (because the guy just didn't get how relish could be broken), but he didn't even give a shit. I think I spend enough and order enough with them that they know it's a legit claim... especially for $5.

I did recently get a free $800 white board though (big, metal/magnetic, a "good one"), seeing as the shipping company lost it for 2 weeks, I reported it not delivered (when it was supposed to be next day), so they sent me a refund and I went to Staples to get one (needed it by a specific date and ran out of time for a replacement from Amazon).

Then the original white board showed up. I called them up, they said, "don't worry, keep it."

Gave it to my friend, who's Jamaican... he really fucking hated the fact I gave it to him and told him "now you, too, can enjoy some whiteboard privilege."

He was still cheap enough to take it, but still managed to bitch about it a few times.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Is it weird to use the microphone/speaker on the front door camera to speak to solicitors? Cuz I tried it for the first time today and the lady turned, looked at the camera with her mouth slightly open for a full 5 sec, and went the fuck away.

Whatever. I didn't have to get up. I still need to put a sign up about not using the goddamn doorbell though

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If someone comes to my front door, uninvited, unannounced, then they will interact with me on my terms.

Sometimes I'm in a towel as I was heading to the shower. Sometimes I'm not in a towel.

They are the ones who broke societal norm, so they can live with the trauma.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If it someone I suspect wants to sell me windows or siding packages, I just tell them through the window that I tested positive for COVID.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

good call on the amazon groceries. My wife is about getting hot sauce, jalapenos, etc. from the grocery store because she picks out the labels that are in English since that's what she can read. Thing is, the ones you want are labeled in spanish. Got some more sliced jalapenos that will be delivered tomorrow.

10. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Amazon is a complete crapshoot on whether or not they care about either proof or returns of damaged items. It's actually a little baffling.

I had a $6 book absolutely ruined in the mail because of poor packing. They demanded it be shipped back and arranged for a UPS guy to do a pickup at my house. For a $6 paperback book that was totally destroyed. I also had a small $100 power tool that was DOA, wouldn't turn on. They told me to keep it and sent me another one, no proof required.

A buddy of mine got a $1500 TV. He didn't order it, or anything else for that matter, and in fact did not have an Amazon account. It was shipped to his name and address. Amazon told him that he ordered it, that the name and address on the credit card was his, and they didn't want it back.

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard of scammers who place orders like that and then intercept the delivery driver.

12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read an article about a woman that abused the Amazon return policy like that, they eventually banned her.

Now she has to use... Walmart.com!

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I wonder if it’s related to how Amazon handles loss prevention insurance. It may not be worth it for them to take some items back to a distribution center.

14. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

More likely, it has to do with the vendors themselves and any retail contract Amazon has with them. Traditional book publishers are kind of insane with how they want to handle returns and remainders, and they've probably gotten Amazon to agree to their archaic policies as a condition of being able to sell their books. For most other things, if it isn't the sort of item you also see for sale as "factory refurbished", most returns are just going into the trash anyway.

15. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You do now

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Just an issue with a dewalt rolling shop stool.
    It was like $180, sold through third party on amazon. They said it was delivered, except it never arrived. Contacted the seller once that several day waiting period has expired — amazon said I had to contact seller first — they said they’d check with the shipper and get back to me within 48 hours. Gave them an extra 3 days just because everything is slow now, and it was a birthday present I didn’t need right away anyway. Regardless, still never heard from them. So contacted amazon for a refund. Soon as I did, I heard back from them to give them another 5 days to resolve the issue. Fuck you, amazon is issuing the refund. If it shows up, im getting a free shop chair.

17. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I usually forget about the microphone in the doorbell, but my wife uses it a lot.

We live in a new neighborhood and we have a near constant stream of door to door salesmen. I finally put up a "no soliciting" sign and while it's helped, it doesn't stop all.

Between the deep woof from our dog coming through the door before I open it, and my surly greeting of "the sign applies to you as well sparky" immediately followed by me shutting the door in their face gets the point across to those who ignore the sign.

Still, nothing short of razor wire and claymores will stop all the flyers and business cards left in my door. I probably clear at least 4-5 off my front porch every week...they don't realize that making me clear their litter off my porch guarantees I will never use their business

18. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

It’s illegal for religious/commercial solicitors or charity muggers to knock or ring the doorbell at a private home with a no door knockers sign in the city I live in at the moment. It’s the fucking greatest.

I use my doorbell mic talk to delivery guys all the time - usually when I’m out or whatever. I live being able to check the cameras and tell the neighbors ours kids to please not play in my driveway or whatever. My favourite is that I can shout boo at my neighbours idiot car.

I’ve been leaning hard into smart home stuff. Smart locks are coming. More smart sensors first though. Knowing the environment to control stuff makes me unreasonably happy. My girlfriend refers to my house as the Habbitat because it’s always the perfect temperature, the same lighting I like No matter what time it is, and music magically follows me around the house and it’s like the jet sons meets a sci-fi zoo with me as an exhibit.

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That particular case never occurred to me. I guess I can register any address I want as a valid billing address for my credit card. Still seems exceptionally weird.

My buddy left it packed in his garage for like 3 months expecting that either Amazon or the police were going to show up at his door. Almost 2 years later, he still has the box and packing material in pristine shape in his garage because, even though he finally started to use it, he's worried he has a stolen TV and someone will want it back.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, it’s called brushing, typically.

https://inews.co.uk/news/consumer/b...lained-receive-package-havent-ordered-1272732

Not usually done with big ticket items.

I did get some expensive thing I never ordered before due to an internal mixup though, and got to keep it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.