Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] READ TOLKIEN DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've had something similar happen recently. I ordered a new 4k TV back in November for my birthday. With shipping delays, I still hadn't received it by Jan. 10th. I contacted the retailer to get a refund. They made it as difficult as possible. It took at least 4 different tries to get them to finally cancel it.

The TV showed up about 2 weeks later, so now I have a free new TV. If they hadn't made it such a pain in the ass, I would have contacted them to send me a return label.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

during the texas snowpocalypse, there was a bunch of stuff I'd ordered prior and during (run out of supplies, stupidly thinking it could get delivered) that basically sat in warehouses I guess for about a week. Needless to say, it all got marked as undeliverable because of the roads, and I was refunded. Then most of it came trickling in over the course of a few weeks. I was told just to keep it since they didn't have any record of it being delivered. I've interviewed a lot of applicants who worked at the local amazon distribution center during that time, and they said it was a logistical nightmare for a while after that.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The thing that pisses me off is when they list things as 2 day Prime delivery and then you order it and it turns into weeks before delivery. At that point I consider it a bait and switch and fuck them.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I broke it off with the girl I've been seeing, because I'm about to be on the road for a few months. I decided to handle it by doing all the drugs I have left (an edible, 4 grams of mushrooms and like 2 bowls of weed), and eating my feelings. Highlights include watching "Broad City", which is the hardest I've laughed in years, Mexican food from Chuy's (I know it's a chain, but it's the closest good shit to me), and proving once and for all that cunnilingus cures cottonmouth.

It ended with me living a childhood dream of smoking a bowl in the hot tub listening to music, and making two epic steaks (one last night and one this morning).

The next few months are gonna suck as remote work ends, but it was glorious.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I survived a MiL visit! My kid adores her so it ain't all bad. Always drama with this one though. To start, she showed up and her car was on fire.

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only reason I can find is because Jada Pinkett-Smith shaved her head to cover up the effects of alopecia.
    But the only way it makes sense to me is if Will made the fastest “getting ahead of the online commentorati” decision in the history of Hollywood.
    Because the debate now is “actor who can’t take a joke assaults comedian” vs. “heartless comedian makes fun of balding actress”

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And can we say - Chris Rock took it like a fucking champ.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The thing that I don't get is why Rock doesn't put a hand up to his face after... if you got smacked that hard, I'd think the natural reaction would be to feel for damage, etc.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, exactly.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I kind of like that bitch slap approach though... the Twitterverse is whining that we need better role models, and violence isn't the answer, etc, but I think this also teaches "don't be fucking cruel to people because if you do there can be real world consequences to your actions."

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

All I can think of is "HOW CAN SHE SLAP!?!?!?"

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a friend in college who would slap your arm really hard if you made a joke at her expense. She was trying to be “one of the guys.” So when she’d slap my arm, I’d slap her back. She stopped after a while.
    One night we were at a party and she slapped my arm, and I of course slapped her back. And out of nowhere I was pinned up against the wall with a guy I didn’t know a screaming at me that YOU NEVER HIT A FUCKING WOMAN YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE, while his girlfriend swooned over his shoulder at how chivalrous he was, and my friend tried to pull him off me, and I just held up my hands and said “dude, what the fuck?!?”

16. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And he wins Best Actor! And his acceptance speech is fucking…
    The Academy and the network fucking love this, I guarantee it.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Gotta say, I'm coming down on the Will Smith side of things.

I think it was a dick move by Rock to make fun of her medical condition to the world. Should have stuck with making fun of her fucking other guys.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd be more inclined to defend Smith if literally anyone had ever slapped the shit out of Harvey Weinstein at the Oscars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.