Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] READ TOLKIEN DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

my standard second guess is POUND so I had the end pretty quickly. From there I went with WHIFF to check WOUND, HOUND, and FOUND, and it turned out to be FOUND. If that failed, my next play was something like BOMB to check off BOUND and MOUND.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From 2016, when there were protests because there were no Black nominees. Skip to 2:40 for the Jada / Will jokes.

Some members of the Academy are calling for discipline against Will Smith. I'm sure there are some old white dudes in the Academy that were like, "See, THIS is why would shouldn't nominate Black people."

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got it, barely

Screenshot_20220328-065114-633.png

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m sure we’ll get some eye rolling blogs and commentary out of this but hey it’s either discuss this or words with friends. I think dude has some real issues going on if that was his reaction to some relatively
    light hearted roasting in a venue known for revolving around just that (or it was staged to revive a moribund award show). Some dick hole is pestering you all night at the bar and mouths off about your girl? Throw bows. One of the preeminent comedians on the planet does it at an award show?

Could be he was just drunk.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I think his marriage is a nightmare and that he's a naturally happy go lucky guy trying to make it work with a psycho who has put him through unimaginable emotional trauma.

The bad joke was pretty light but Jada was shooting daggers with her eyes. There are a number of ways Will could have reacted but he smacked Chris and then yelled angrily from his seat. I can see being upset, but c'mon. He turnt that shit up to a 10. I think he is under a lot of pressure outside that moment and exploded.

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure I understand what point you're trying to make?

I'm not saying Chris Rock did anything wrong. I'm saying he went for a cheap joke, because comedians will always do that because it's literally what they do for a living. If you want to call out a shitty joke, it's going to be far more impactful to pull the old, "I'm disappointed in you" routine than hitting the guy. The media would have been lapping up a woman showing up to an event with a shaved head and her husband sticking up for her when the Evil Comedian made fun of her.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

His face when his wife was talking about fucking his son's friends or whatever says it all, and this is him trying to keep his shit together:

[​IMG]

Yeah I'd say he's dealing with some shit.

8. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The best part of the whole exchange was that you could tell that Rock was about to go there with a comeback before he remembered where he was and who his audience was.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't really have a point. Just giving the previous Chris Rock hosting clip some context, and that he'd poked fun at Jada / Will in the past.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess Chris didn’t get the memo comedians are only allowed to punch up now. Any marginalized groups, which these days just about covers every single person on earth, cannot be joked about.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

he should do like 15 min youtube set of straight will/jada jokes, sponsored by ashleymadison. He’d make millions

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think I can recall a certain someone constantly giving Uncle Phil shit for being bald.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Because no one realized that making a joke about an extremely wealthy and famous woman who is married to an extremely wealthy and famous man is “punching down,” apparently.

15. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Nah, dude. You're a Superstar. You're wife's a star. Your up for the Biggest Award. You dabble/deal in how people treat you .You know there's a "Comic" Host, and it's Rock. But here's the thing; ON STAGE, EVERYONE CAN GET IT. Jason Momoa would've got it about how Rock's wife wants to fuck him. CAUSE THAT'S WHAT COMEDY IS!

By that I mean, there's no "Too Mean", no "Too Soon", no "Damn, that's Fucked up!". That's what Comedy is. To tell a comedian, "Hey, don't talk about this..", Pretty much like telling a painter to not use Blue....

Jada can be Mad/Embarrassed/ETC, but she can't do that sitting THAT close to the stage. Someone told them ;"Hey you're gonna get made fun of". And Will Smith signed off on that. And if Jada Smith didn't, she shouldn't've sat there.

She sat in her seat, rolled her eyes, and could've got up herself and been an OG Queen.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    If Smith was going for some street cred, he would've whipped out his Draco and lit the place up. Bitch slapping someone for dissin' your woman? That ain't shit.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I stumbled across a conspiracy theory that this was all staged, so that people would all learn that Jada had alopecia, and then she’ll become the spokesperson for Pfizer’s upcoming alopecia drug Allegro, Pfizer having been a sponsor of the Oscars.

Probably connected to the Rothschilds somewhere in there too.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like how they think Pfizer would need a spokesperson for a baldness cure. That shit would sell itself.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Gas hit $6 a gallon here today. Apparently, it's never going to start dropping.

Yay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.