Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] READ TOLKIEN DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No man. It's the lizard people. Now they can grow real hair with the Pfizer pill and no longer need to wear wigs.

Of course big wig is scared of losing such a big chunk of their business, but that's run by the mole people, who have always been at a disadvantage living at the center of the hollow earth.

2. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hollow Earth implies a globe model. Are you a globe-tard? The earth is flat, the sun is local.

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My poor lawnmower, I'm hard on the thing. It's that time of year again, when I try beat the sticks and gumballs into dust with the Cub Cadet. I'll pick up big sticks and limbs, but anything smaller than my middle finger gets beat to pieces. And it must work, cause by the time the gumballs fall again, the old ones are gone.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Free fertilizer.

I know some people are anal about the perfect lawn but I'm more of a... Leave the clippings on the grass, eat up all the sticks and plant material... Kinda gal. Also not big on commercial fertilizer and such. You retain a great deal of nutrients by letting the grass clippings go back to the soil. Only exception might be if it was so overgrown that the clippings would totally stifle the lawn or become too messy, if you want to walk in it or have pets that do.

5. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to get up leaves at our last house. That was the one that looked like a barely tamed jungle with all the landscaping and trees planted by the previous owner. There were just too many it would have been knee deep in spots if I let them lay. I don't do it here. Everything gets mulched by the mower to go back into the soil and, man, the front is starting to look black and rich with nutrients.

I had to work so hard to get the back yard to grow grass because it was all torn up for the new septic system. I'm moving a lot of leaf litter from the front to the back. The back is red clay and sucks for growing anything, it will take years and years to get it right with leaf compost.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It might happen faster than you think. The worms never stop. If you get a tiller and break it up a bit and be religious about dumping your mulch back there, it'll be black before you know it.

I dug up a veggie patch at my last home that was almost entirely clay. By year three when we moved it was beginning to get reasonably rich. 5 years in, you should see a night and day difference.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Though, many people want to see a difference in a season so "faster than you think" is pretty subjective....

8. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A white dog and grass clippings do not go together in my experience. I also have to really be on the dandelions too because if they bloom and he rolls around in them he is yellow for a couple days.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

You know, some people pay money to tie-dye their dogs. You get your green yellow and white dog for free.

upload_2022-3-30_12-42-32.png

These people are also fucking insane, but whatever, we all have our dumb hobbies I guess

10. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Bruce Willis has aphasia, he has quit acting. No more shitty Die Hard sequels.

12. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Northern Virginia also has that red clay and when our son was born in July, I wasn't able to water it every other day and it essentially baked sections of the sod the builder put down. The clay makes it tough for a significant amount of water to soak in and much of it runs off. We top dressed the yard early last fall and I have seen improvement already in how the yard is coming in this spring. I also mulch the clippings when I mow.

Top dressing was a full day and a half of tossing shovel fulls of dirt all over the yard, but delivered was about $150. I'll have to look to see if it was two or three cubic yards, I don't remember. With how much the yard improved, I plan to top dress a few more times over the next few years, although I might do sections as that is more manageable. I've also been putting down lime in the spring/fall in hope it'll help with the ph and reduce the severity of the dog urine burn.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Is that what's going on?

I watched a Red Letter Media episode tearing apart his last few years C grade or lower movies. Like a dozen in the last 2 years. The sets are embarrassingly bad, Brucie doesn't know any of his lines which all appear to be fed to him via ear piece.

Maybe he was trying to make his money while he could and had to permanently retire. Makes sense. Just kind of a fart at the end of his career.

15. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His family came out and announced it. Haven’t heard him having money issues like Nic Cage or Robert Deniro. He must really love money and or making movies. Absent some crazy divorce settlements or secret gambling addiction he has to be worth 200+ million dollars.

[​IMG]

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

oscars now saying will smith was asked to leave but refused

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Oh yeah, that will absolutely jump start stuff. Till or aerate the top to break it up and allow things to permeate around a bit, top dress if you can, and then continuously add organic material. You'll have some sure nuff fine dirt back there in no time.

I've got to put lime down too. Friggin dogs. There's a halo effect of burned, really green, then normal grass. I've been aerating holes in it with my compost fork but now I've got to get the lime spread. Then seed it. It's burnt to hell in the worst spots.

Yay....

Screenshot_20220330-153241.png

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I heard in some interview a long time ago that he was a really, really hard worker. Like maybe not the most charismatic or talented, but he worked his ass off at all his roles. So maybe he's doing it til he can't and gets bored? I dunno. I looked up his personal bio stuff when I was watching the Red Letter Media thing on him and he is married to some young thing with a few young kids. Who knows about his financial status.

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are they on a high protein diet?

Might be able to fix it by changing what they eat. Some of the high protein, grain-free stuff isn't really great for their heart anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.