Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] READ TOLKIEN DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

What are some foods you would recommend?

Mine eat Diamond Naturals, which has around 23% protein. I thought it had more to do with them being weinies about the cold and peeing in the same spot for the last 5 months.

Edit they also get duck eggs sometimes so more protein there. I give Buddy random things to help him eat. He had some alfalfa and broccoli sprouts this last week

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

23% isn't a particularly high protein diet, but if they're getting a lot of protein supplements in other foods that might be it. Or they might just pee there too much!

Generally I think it's best to stick with high quality lines from brands that follow WSAVA guidelines, which include food trials. Those are generally "big" brands but there's so much junk science in the smaller brands. Purina Pro Plan is what we feed and seems to be what a lot of the dog people and vets that I know trust, but Hill's Science Diet and Eukanuba and Royal Canin are also good brands.

If you're feeding grain free you might want to do some research on DCM in dogs. I don't know anything about Diamond Naturals so I'm not saying it's bad, there's just a stunning amount of junk science and marketing B.S. in dog food.

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I know I read something about the heart problems link with grain free diets. To be honest, we need to get critical about their food and decide if a change is needed. They are healthy but aging. Buddy in particular is getting pretty old and Piggy is around 7 or so, so I need to be sure their diets are appropriate for senior dogs.

5. ponygirl

ponygirl
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This. Times two. Or possibly three. The amount of absolute bullshit surrounding dog food, marketing and fad diets is obscene.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

article about it

Dude who threw the punch was standing on the track, runner told him to move. Next lap around, dude was still on the track, runner shoved him out of the way. Guy didn't like that, came back at punch him. No charges filed at the time.

I used to run track and cross country at a fairly high level. This was obviously in a different time, but if one of us threw a punch, we'd be in more trouble with our school than the cops. If we shoved someone out of the way for being on the track, I think it'd depends on if if they were doing it in a manner intended to harm others and we were defending ourselves/others (as opposed to just a mistake and not looking), on how far we took that shove, and if anyone saw us.

In this case, going off only what we've seen in the video and story, I think they're both assholes. You run around someone like that or alert an official with a wave or yell, and only take matters into your own hands if it's absolutely necessary.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I completely disagree. The dude dressed in black was on the track for no reason. He was not currently participating in an event. The dude in white was running in the event that was being contested. Why should he even have to consider going around? That's stupid.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

we only saw one side. We didn’t see the shove, and we didn’t see how much the guy was on the track. What if he was only on the track a little bit and the dude shoved the shit out of him?

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That guy can fuck right off and get his shit fucked up.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So... I bought a new 3d printer... and tonight, I thought it'd be a good idea to sit here and get drunk while I print stuff.

It's working so far.

IMG_0542.jpeg

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoa, you printed a bottle of whiskey?

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I printed a battery holder for my Stihl garden tools.

While drinking amazing rum with ginger beer.

I consider that a win.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That print was just the initial "first print" fidget spinner that worked better than I was expecting.

Now it's something bigger, more substantial.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It says it has over 12 hours left.

That's a lot of drinking.

Challenge accepted.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

But all kidding aside, I'm pretty pumped about this printer. It has two extrusion heads... so I can print carbon fibre stuff, with having a water soluble support framework.

That means I can print shit in carbon fibre, and then soak it in water for a few hours and have all the supporting material just dissolve away in water.

If you do any kind of 3d printing, you probably know what a mind fuck that capability is. If you don't, just trust me... that's cool shit.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I do wish I could print more of this stuff though... because it's fucking delicious.

IMG_0544.jpeg

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In other news, I found it kind of funny (in a compassionate way) that @Dcc001 had to take her puppy to the vet because it ate too much when she wasn't looking.

Snarfed down enough dry food that it had to have it's stomach pumped.

Even the vet was impressed.

I laughed.

IMG_9169.jpeg

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really want a 3D printer. I just see all of the inefficiently designed stuff around me and want to fix it.

It'll have to wait until I stop living like a nomad, though - no way that's fitting into my car with the rest of my life.

Is the roll of toilet paper on your desk for when you drink until you shit yourself?

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

He blows his nose with TP like the rest of us poors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.