Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] ROAD TRIP DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 26, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

renting an RV and going to galveston in a week, for a week. Really liking this rv rental thing. Fortunate to live a few miles from a large rental company, and even the massive 40 footers are only like $160/day to rent. Sure, no one treats a rental like you do your home and of course RVs have a lot that can go wrong, but as long as you're somewhat handy and keep a box of spare fuses it's usually an easy fix. Plus I get to drop it off at the end of the trip and it's no longer my problem. $40 cleaning fee, they deal with the black water tank, winterizing, all those issues.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can call the cops and they will tell them to move along. Sound disturbances are also covered as being a no no. I dont think it is common for anyone to really camp very close to houses anyway. Once you get an hour out of the main cities there is really nothing anyway, so there are plenty of other spots.

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The thought of rental RVs on the road terrifies me. Most people can barely handle a hatchback, and we just let someone who passed a driving test that is literally so easy children pass it every day take out an overwide, over long, poorly manouverable beast of a vehicle with poor visibility on a whim without any confirmation they are up to the task

I dread passing them on the narrow roads up here when I am out in the country. Some Kraut or Eye-tie driving over the centre line nearly forcing me off the road is a daily occurence when I am out for work.

Also, don’t poop in an RV. Pee-pee only.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But, what if you really have to poop? Just hang butt out the window and let 'er fly?

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The “rv drivers from hell” youtube channels are hilariously frightening.

And I love shitting in my Airstream. No more public bathrooms… I’m hauling my own bathroom and shower with me. Zero smell. Zero issues. 100% civilization.

Now, when we were on tour with Lilith Fair? Absolutely no shitting in the bus, because for some reason they had no fucking clue how to figure out the Poop Tech properly.

6. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Clearly nobody had talked to anyone from the Dave Matthews bus about proper "poop disposal protocols". What the hell did you THINK 'Crash Into Me' was about?

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Odd how a vehicle could just do that, like a fighter dumping fuel. I’ve never heard of that. Usually on an RV you have to open the black water pipe manually outside the vehicle.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

goddamnit now I want to go watch that movie for some reason

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

10. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you are on your own, poop freely. But other people in there? Hell na.

My in laws had an RV years ago and Jägerette and I lived in the month between giving up our apartment and moving to Sweden. We quickly established ”RV rules” for the bathroom, which meant just peeing. Keeps some mystery in the marraige.

11. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe. Or, it might be a wash, she may lose some fetishists that don't like tan lines, may gain some that do.

However, I assume that you didn't pay for that photo, so she's just giving them spank material for nothing. And I'd bet dollars to donuts that some of them have already spanked it to her picture if it's just out there for everyone to see.

We haven't entered into that world yet. All we've done is got drunk and agreed we might try selling feet pics, and read the 2023 Guide to Selling Feet Pics Online.

https://www.thefinancialcookbook.com/how-to-sell-feet-pics/

12. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For those not familiar with the incident

#32 AFHokie, May 28, 2023
    Last edited: May 28, 2023
  13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So far I’m doing fuck all this weekend except being stressed out.

Our private beach has been “repossessed “ by the owner leasing it to us, so there goes our usual fun Memorial Day weekend of swimming, potluck, and drinking by the lake.

My daughter is home from college, which is great, kind of- but after only two weeks she’s driving us crazy with her inability to figure out summer jobs ( she has two of them but they’ve become a needlessly complicated source of anxiety and aggravation for all of us). And now a semi serious boyfriend has entered the picture and she’s handling that oddly as well. She went from not even mentioning him to me (she does talk to her mom who has been keeping me in the loop) to telling me about him briefly and asking me if he can stay over. In her room. All in a two minute conversation.

And my wife is losing her mind over her current job - just like she’s done with every job for the past 30 years.

There will be no relaxation for me this weekend, just like nearly every other weekend.

14. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mentioned before that a buddy of mine died this week. His was h third death of someone I know in less than two weeks.

I got home from the calling hours and got a text from a friend who said he heard my cousin died and asked what happened. I knew he was in the hospital for leukemia or something related to Agent Orange when he was in Vietnam, but hadn’t heard anything more.

And today there’s his obituary in the paper. Fucking hell.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In Louisville tonight to see Les Claypool and his Flying Frog Brigade play Pink Floyd's Animals and other assorted stoner rock. It is going to get weird.

16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The weather has been shit here, and will be until late Tuesday. Highs in the mid sixties, windy and occasional showers.

I've gotten a ton of shit done, though. Garage electrical is fixed, never did find the reason it melted the coax ground, but replaced enough shit, correctly, that it fixed whatever issue there was, and everything tests out fine.

Nearing completion of about 300' of trench, hand dug, for a french drain and tying the gutter downspouts into it. I'm getting all our storm runoff underground and into the ditches to keep it from washing the boat ramp out.

Boat is almost back together after taking most of it apart, just wait for the rain to pass put the seats back in.

Tooting my horn, I've been very productive.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Took my hounds to the “Basset Bustle” yesterday. Three hundred basset hounds on a baseball field turned into a dog park. A lot of howling, a lot of wagging tails. If you like these dogs it’s a little corny but pretty hilarious. And the weather was perrrrrrfect outside.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I just mowed and edged the entire lawn without getting injured. What's up now hoes?

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I give it 24 hours before you injure yourself somehow.

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.