Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] SPIRITUAL HOLIDAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He is definitely one of the first big Internet mob targets, and was victim to an insane amount of trolling on a daily basis. But let’s be honest, he’s not exactly a saint. He openly admitted to fucking his mother and made thinly-veiled comments for which many concluded that he’s a sexual predator. Plus you know, fucking his Sonic plushy on camera and shit (or whatever he was up to).

I remember you being a fan of Nick Mullen. His rant on Chris Chan is amazing.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s why I don’t ENTIRELY blame him. He was also a bad person too, so I don’t exactly feel bad about what happened to him. But there is a term called “overkill”, and this guy was beaten down so bad he was completely re-mapped psychologically like a prag in jail.

I mean… how much is enough? Just like Chick-Fil-A drive-thru douchebag— how much more do you need to fuck up a person’s life from across the country? No person could possibly upset you that much. Make fun of them, fine. But move on. People who practically asked for it— like John Fitzgerald Paige— weren’t completely and utterly destroyed for being giant twats. Ridicule is enough.

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I kinda get it for some poor countries. Some Thai or Vietnamese village girl can trade on her looks for a serious shot at a either a new life in the US, or wealthy one at home. I'm guessing at least some of these schlubs are probably pretty nice to the first hot girl who lets them touch her boobies. I definitely saw a lot of those couples while traveling through SE Asia, and at different points I worked with two dudes who basically acknowledged their wives were in it for a green card and a good lifestyle. But they got along okay, and had a sex life with a class of women they wouldn't normally be associated with so everyone seemed happy enough.

I'm not sure where I land on that - there's nothing morally wrong with it, and it's not like there aren't plenty of people of all genders in this country fucking their way to a different lifestyle. I guess I hope for more out of a partnership than that, though.

But anyway, the thing that threw me was that we're not talking about rural Thailand or whatever - this dude pulling $58k/year could live like a king in Chiang Mai. I'm just trying to figure out what he thinks he's bringing to the table for some girl living in Tokyo or wherever.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

@GTE, you might be onto something with your comment about people and their fridges. I went shopping today.... Took a pic of mine.... And my freezers are also, to the gills. I have so much bacon, y'all. Love the bacon sales. About to make some potato bacon soup.

IMG_20230225_164458_(1900_x_1400_pixel).jpg

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I have so many questions

let's start with the pickled beets

what the actual fuck

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I like pickled beets?

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

If that's the worst thing you see in that pic, I successfully pushed the really weird stuff to the back.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Pickled beets are amazing.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

cottage cheese is wonderful.
    Cottage cheese is wonderful. I didn’t even know pickled beets were a THING. Beets themself are just abhorrent

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pickled beets are a key ingredient in my pickled eggs.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Even now I'm on a Caesar kick... found a killer supplier for spicy Caesar mix, by Citra (they supply bars, etc), and it's way better tasting than any Mott's clamato, etc.

A key ingredient is spicy pickled beans.

Pickling seems to make everything taste better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

"Poor countries" doesn't mean every one is a poor person. I think one of the big issues with the NA/W.EU. perspective is that everyone thinks people are trying to "escape" these places. As if living in Thailand is some kind of hell for the people that live there. The US isn't a heaven that everyone is trying to get in to. Now, that being said, I would agree that some of the chumps are genuinely nice people and don't treat their spouses poorly. At the same time, it's definitely a mutually exploitative relationship, but in the rich/poor dichotomy, there is a very stark power imbalance when one side has comparatively nothing. "Do what I tell you, or it's back to the poorhouse with you" isn't freedom. Sometimes it works out, but I think we end up with a lot of survivorship bias as well. It's hard to be mad at the individual level, but at a systemic level, it's not a Good Thing.

I've got conflicted moral issues, especially with the implicit nature of the relationship being as it is. I think we would generally balk at similar situations here, especially when the mask comes off. Advertisements for rental properties with "alternative payment options" for a room, or fucking for food, etc. Sex work is given a pass (well, sort of) because of the exchange of money instead of arbitrary items or services, which exposes the transactional nature of it.

As for what they're bringing to the table? Halfer babies, exoticism, and sometimes a different way of living. For many, this works out really well. For many others, the discovery of the cultural divide over time, lack of ambition on the part of the guy, or the acquisition of the desired number of children, spell the end for that relationship.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dont know Ive been to some of these rural places in Asia and it is most certainly something they are trying to escape. Like 1800s living situations barely outside the metropolitan areas. From boiling rice over a log to instagram jet setting pics level of difference. I think as time goes on more and more of these women will catch on to the lack of ambition, as you put it, in the guy and become more selective. You see it in other countries where this dynamic happens. My sister in law is Ukrainian and in every city she's lived in with my brother she has made friends from her country. All smoke shows, all expect upper middle class to upper class living provided for them. Instagram living girls before there was Instagram. Some 50 grand a year schlub who can take them out of their situation isnt going to do.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I honestly wish there was more of a push for smaller condiment portion sizes. My fridge door is loaded with one off condiments I needed 3 tbls of 4 years ago. The recipes were so good and obtaining them from the oddball foreign groceries so tedious I never throw them away. Charge me double per ounce whatever just give me the MRE sized tabasco bottle geez.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Sake drunk is a very specific kind of drunk. The hangover is also uniquely miserable.

16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wrong.

Also, wrong.

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Attached Files:

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I definitely did not say that, nor mean to imply it. I've spent some time in those countries.

But it's silly to suggest that there aren't significant numbers of people in poor areas who are willing to make some kind of sacrifice - like marrying a mediocre white man - for a more material life (originally I typed "better life" but I want to be clear, I am not suggesting that rural Cambodians can't enjoy their life). It happens all the time.

Additionally, just as happens in the US, if your income puts you in the top-1% of earners in the country, there are lifestyles associated with that and people - women and men - can be drawn to want relationships with people living those lifestyles.

It's not, "everyone wants to leave Thailand." It's that rich people sometimes attract partners based partly (or mostly) on the life they live, and it's easier to be a rich person there.

#38 Binary, Feb 26, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Lordhavemercy. You have room for plastic wrap in your pantry.

20. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What in the mechanically-separated-meat-fuckin-hell? Spam LITE?!? I love me some spam, the lite version can fuck off. I've never tried it, does it have reduced sodium, too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.