Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] SPIRITUAL HOLIDAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Early in the vid, there was a guy who threw his bike on the burning dude. That got a "what the fuuuuuuuuuck" out of me.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5319F538-4841-4E59-8FCC-802617F364A8.jpeg

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ha!

no triggers, no worries. I think I’ve processed it mostly. Not much of an AMA opportunity here, but you can all be surprising.

only thing that ever really triggered me was the climactic fight scene in “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.”

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My guess is he was trying to knock the guy down so that he could be extinguished easier. The guy would not stop, drop and roll.

What the fuck do you do as a bystander in that situation? I can understand trying to put someone out that is on fire because of an accident. But someone that set themselves on fire? You going to try to save them so they have a lengthy, painful recovery, and lifelong scars and trauma, on top of mental illness that push them to that extreme in the first place?

I told my neighbor once, we were talking about house fires, if they see mine on fire and they know we're not home, don't call the fire department until it's 90% gone. I don't want the insurance company thinking they can rebuild portions of it and call that good. I want a clean slate.

I think I'd want my body treated the same way... If I do it on purpose, don't put me out, because I didn't do it so I could live thru that trauma.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I remember in one of the thousands of reddit videos of some idiot shooting a bottle rocket out of their ass, some burn unit nurse made a legendary comment describing in graphic detail exactly what happens after that.

I have never fucked around with fireworks since.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unless you happen to have a fire extinguisher literally on hand, nothing. He's full engulfed, so it's not a fire you can beat out with your hands or anything, and even the fastest responding 9-1-1 in the world isn't going to get there before he's heading past medium rare on his way to medium. Record that shit and collect your internet points.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

You and Mr. Bean are the last people that should ever handle fireworks.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Walk away... up wind.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

used to get horrible knee pain. Then I changed my stride from being a heel striker to landing more on the ball of my feet. Turns out, when you use your legs as the shock absorbers they actually can be, they function quite well.

Today I was on a one of my long/slow recovery runs, just chugging along at my "comfortable" 11 min/mile pace, when it felt like something in my lungs just gave way and just opened wide up. My "easy" pace immediately jumped to 9:30/mile for the last 2 miles without my HR changing much.... only thing I can think of is that with long covid, while they did scan my lungs and they were clear, they never tested the capacity. Maybe they finally cleared up?

As to why I'm wanting to do this, the answer is really fucking simple: because I can.

When I entered the neurological intensive care unit for my brain surgery, I was in one of 11 beds, all of which were occupied. Of those who were in the unit at that time, I'm the only one who didn't leave in a body bag. Sure, I had to re-teach myself how to walk, but at least I was alive enough to do it. Then I tore both meniscus while doing a 5k (after which I switched to the forefoot strike method and have never had a knee issue since) and recovered. Then I somehow survived covid at a time when most people with my oxygen levels were being put permanently on ventilators. Then I fucked around with long covid for two years and managed not to completely hate myself despite barely having the aerobic capacity to walk up a flight of stairs during that time.

Sure, running is not necessarily comfortable. It can be, it has it's moments -- today I had a shit eating grin on my face just enjoying the weather, running fast, listening to tunes. Sometimes it sucks though. But what never ceases to amaze me is that I still have the physical capacity to do it, after fighting through so much shit. 15 fucking years. It'll be 16.5 by the time I do the marathon. Through that lens, what's another 26 miles?

10. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just make sure you shit yourself somewhere around mile 21, otherwise it's not the TRUE marathon experience.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

gotta have that finish line photo with brown on the legs or it doesn’t count

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I started running with my dad during the70's running craze, and have enjoyed it my whole life. I ran the 2-mile and cross country in high school. I've run 2 marathons, 7 or 8 half marathons and many, many 5ks and 10ks. My knees are shot to hell, because I'm old and have wrecked them at various times. I wear a brace on my right knee when I run, I take Advil and use Voltaren to keep doing. I've run in torrential rain, freezing cold, sleet, and heat. On my regular running days, it doesn't matter what the weather is, I still go. I've ruptured my plantaris tendon, sprained my ankle, been tripped and skinned, puked* and generally been wrung out. I enjoy spending time thinking or planning, dreaming or scheming, just being alone on the road. I love running and will keep doing it until I absolutely physically can't anymore.

*never shat myself

13. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

…ever?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.