Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] SUMMER SOLSTICE [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Like there isn’t twenty other pills out there with the letter “x” or “z” in its name that also doesn’t make you go all American Werewolf at night. What happened to the old go-to’s? Did all the whiskey rivers and Valium ponds dry up?

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As fun as those are, particularly together, alcohol does more harm than good to your sleep cycles and Valium is only a short term solution the runs a high risk of dependence. All meds are a cost benefit decision. Having dealt with the life suck insomnia creates I don't chastise people for trying about anything to combat it.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I care less about the “health” thing when compared to the “Wake up while dousing family with gasoline” thing. Besides, we all know how whiskey and kids mix. Never goes south.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    it's 110 degrees and the power keeps flickering on and off. Apparently all the A/C's are overloading the grid. As long as it keeps coming back on in a few seconds I'll be happy.

Crazy went to go see Trump who is in town for a fund raiser. A piece of useless information....a few years ago when Obama was in town and I was taking care of my aunt, her house was right in the flight path of McCarren. When the president takes off or lands they shut down all air traffic for 20 minutes or so. I saw Air Force One* pass overhead and two things I noticed....1: It's rate of climb was much faster then other commercial jets & 2: It was much, much quieter then other planes.

*Technically any plane the president is on is Air Force One, even if he's on a little Cessna. Air Force One is not the name of the plane, it's their call sign.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Caused by 2 things; they have the latest GE engines in them that are way more powerful and much quieter than most other 747's, and secondly, most commercial airliners don't climb as fast as they could due to passenger comfort. Air Force One, however, wants to get in the air as quickly as it can to help reduce ground-based attacks, so it goes balls-to-the-wall and hit a much higher angle of attack on climb-out.

Most people would be amazed at just how performant most airliners actually are.

Paris Airshow videos are always good for some "holy fuck" moments.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In case you weren't aware, the Paris Air Show is the largest air show in the world, and is the main "showcase" event for civilian and military aircraft... basically where the manufacturers go to try and sell their hardware to buyers.

(for more steep take-off footage, at 1:20 the Airbus A-380 takes off so steeply that it looks like it's going to fall out of the sky)

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If anyone besides the pilot was on the plane, the whole interior is now painted in vomit.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

According to the caption, it was 2 ex-military guys doing the flying... so yeah, they were having fun making that bus do some shit it can, but doesn't normally get to do.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I flew on an Airbus when I was in Thailand and Holy Shit! The rate of climb was off the charts for someone used to Boeings. I can completely understand how our military shot one down in the gulf mistaking it for a military jet taking off.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In other news, ToyToy was bored last night...

[​IMG]

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really surprised there hasn't been a drop cab app/company that allows riders/drivers to negotiate flat rate rides. Or you know, drink beer in the bed of a pick up if wanted.

13. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, I’d ride that over taking an Uber. The hell yea brother really ties it together.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

right?

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And you know that dude knows all the backroads around there. I do get frustrated when they follow gps instead of saving 10 minutes with a cut through.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's a free ride with beer and Skynyrd... why take a short cut?

17. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The experience [​IMG]

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

For a slight upgrade fee you get a compund bow with arrows that have sticks of dynamite taped to them.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

When I was a little kid it was my favourite show. Now I hate it, because of all those beautiful cars they destroyed filming it.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Most of those cars were rolling wrecks that barely ran. Not much of a loss at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.