Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] TOKYO 2020/2021 OLYMPICS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So.......shy kidney?

2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ll have to try that. Last night’s bourbon was drunk straight up out of a red solo cup. We’re classy around here. At least it was 1792 and not rotgut.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

speaking of womens volleyball....

4. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uhh, yeah? What about it?
    You gonna post some pictures, or what?

5. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I went with Oxy stuffed olives in my martini. Yummy!

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

it was on tv

7. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep... first time I went there I noticed everyone had towels with them everywhere. They were to wipe up the sweat from walking.

First day I showed up to the office I was drenched, and you'd laugh at how little outside exposure I had in order to get there.

@malisbad proceeded to buy me my own sweat towel, with a hearty "welcome to Tokyo."

The only refreshing time I experienced was after a hurricane went through and cleared out all the humidity.... but then there were all the tree limbs and shit all over the place to deal with.

9. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Gonna make you sweat, gonna get you wet, Tokyo!

It's delightful just having a shitty bath in your own sweat all day.

10. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I spent four years on Guam, I know that feeling.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

also known as "Florida"

Texans love to bitch about the humidity... yeah, just go on the gulf side of Florida and that'll shut you up real quick

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, did someone say humidity? Hello from middle Georgia.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

90 degrees in Florida with their humidity is so much worse than 90 in Texas.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yeah coastal Alabama is about the same. A dirty, humid fucking swamp.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

it's been low 90s with a good breeze lately and it's simply beautiful.

16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We just spent over a week in Tampa at the wife's grandfather's house. Those old Florida natives are used to that shit. He's in his 80's and push mows his yard, and his much younger neighbor's yard. Never wears sunscreen. Barely breaks a sweat. Keeps the AC set on 78.

You ever sweat for 8 days, non-stop, even while you sleep?

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yep.

I was born and raised in those conditions. The pores on my face were huge and I had to use prescription grade deodorant to combat the constant sweating. All my light colored tshirts had pit stains. My dad taught us to be his little helpers for lawn care at an early age so we were in it all summer. My dad inherited several acres in the country that we had to keep cut and maintained. Fun times.

My husband is from SoCal which is super dry and he had a hell of a time in it when we moved back there for a few years. Just pure misery. Wearing a wet towel over his head to cut the lawn. He thought I was nuts for being outside so much. Then we moved to a dry climate. I had no idea weather could be nice and/or refreshing the majority of the year. I get it now. I don't think I can live in swampy summers again. Sorry fam.

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As mentioned on here several times, my wife and I loathe the heat. I can probably count on one hand the number of times my wife has complained about the heat or said she felt hot. One of those times was definitely visiting my grandparents in FL. She was walking around their house in shorts and a tank top asking "Why is it so HOT?" Meanwhile, my grandmother was walking around rubbing her arms apologizing for it being so cold in their house so she bumped the AC from 80* to 82*

I just found out recently that my other grandmother's house (the one my mom grew up in) didn't have air conditioning. I can't imagine how sweat soaked those beds must've been.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

my parents live just a bit south of there. Love the area, but I absolutely cannot stand the weather. And anyone who complains about mosquitos in Texas is out of their fucking minds with the size of those things in Florida!! You need a small gauge shotgun to protect yourself from them I swear.

Which I guess brings up the point.... can someone explain to me the appeal of Florida? I get that the beaches are nice. But it's all humid marshland. Any vehicle you own will be destroyed by the elements, and any structure is fighting a losing battle against them. Sure, the weather looks beautiful, if you're inside with AC looking through the window. Also it's like America's little toe, always stubbing itself on hurricanes and other natural disasters like sink holes and meth.

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I spent 15 years in North Carolina due to a combination of school and a particularly good job opportunity.

Never again.

If you hate being outside, I guess it's okay. Everyone has central A/C, so you can duck from your 65 degree house, to the air conditioned car, to the 65 degree store/movie theater/restaurant. You can spend the half a dozen unseasonably cool summer nights outside talking about how beautiful it is, and convince yourself that the rest of the summer isn't 6 months of what hell would feel like if it was situated entirely within a swamp.

The month of fall and spring are nice. In between you find out that a single snowflake or even the hint of a temperature much below freezing causes everyone within a 50 mile radius to panic, shut down schools, hoard perishable grocery staples, and drive their cars onto the sidewalks. You can spend the half a dozen unseasonably warm winter nights outside talking about how beautiful etc. etc.

The South can eat my sweaty ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.