Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] TOKYO 2020/2021 OLYMPICS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yep, Iraq.

2. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Qatar is the worst humidity I've experienced. It's so humid you can't get dry, even sitting in direct sunlight. Everything always felt damp

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Bewildered:

[​IMG]

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    We're at 54% humidity right now and I'm dying. It reminds me so much of the worst part of living in Mississippi.

I remember flying into Bangkok....we got in at about 2 AM and walked out of the airport and Holy SHIT! That air hit me and I struggled to breathe, it felt like I should chew the air first. A month and half there and I never got used to that humidity. It was so bad that in one hotel my AC iced up and I had to shut it down so it could thaw.

5. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Louisiana checking in, where the overnight temps are in the low to mid 70's and humidity rarely dips below 55%. (Currently @ 94%)
    The dew points also stay in the mid to high 70s so you're not escaping the thick, soupy air.

Mississippi ain't no picnic in the summer either. Several years ago my uncle's hunting camp just north of Woodville flooded and we had to rebuild the bottom third of it. 3 weekends in a row with no power and the temps in the mid 90's. The camp was on the edge of a cypress swamp so the heat, mosquitos, and gnats were relentless. I literally did not have to pee the entire time we were out there and went through 6-8 bottles of water and a six pack of gatorade each day I was there.

I basically reverse hibernate. I don't go outside unless it's absolutely necessary between May and October.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

4D333D89-B472-4904-8DB2-93E6ACB9E465.jpeg

I didn’t hit anything (yet)!!!

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

@Nettdata wanted another picture of the truck. Granted I don’t have a ton of experience towing compared to others on here, but it I think it does a pretty good job

C32E4576-B6FE-4D84-BF3E-28AB6F31476A.jpeg

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I made my whole wheat bread from the recipe I posted in the cooking thread awhile back and y'all. This stuff gives you a headstart on tomorrow's daily fiber intake. Give it a try!

9. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A friend of mine who is a recovered alcoholic introduced me to Labatts NA beer. He kinda surprised me by ordering one, but as he pointed out, he likes the taste of a cold beer on a hot day but not the alcohol.

I tried a sip and it wasn’t too shabby. Since I have a CDL I have to be really careful about going out, but switching from beer to water or soda kinda sucks. This seemed to be a good solution. I can have a few regular beers and then switch up to NA if I still want a beer.

I did it last night and it was nice to hang out for an additional hour, sipping a cold beer, without the worries of DWI and losing my job.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

craft NA beer is a thing, stop by total wine or specs or something and try some.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Welp America lost to The Russia Olympic Committee(?) in the team gymnastics. Won’t lie, I became a Olympic fanatic because of the 96 Atlanta team when I was 12. Certainly hard to follow the Olympics when the time zone blows the news up before prime time airing.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All part of Simone Biles' plan. Now she can go out and dominate some individual events, and claim gold, attention, and endorsements for herself!

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They were saying she was injured this morning. Is that not true?

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Better consult with the team doctor. Which prison is he in for molesting them?

#94 Crown Royal, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was kidding. Simone Biles is a dominant force in gymnastics, and has nothing to hang her head about. She left with what is being described as a medical issue. I don't know what it is, but she did mention that the pressure of having so much expectation on her was difficult. She may have not been able to get her head right and maybe told the coaches she couldn't go. I hope that's what it is, and not a stress fracture or some physical tweak that keeps her out the rest of the games. She might be able to shake off the mental stuff or get some support for it, and come back and dominate in the individual stuff.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

With how much pressure and spotlight is on her, I would 100% understand if she just packed and went home.

They’re kids. Young kids. They’re pushed to absolutely insane limits and most of them are met with disappointment. I don’t know how that wouldn’t drive just about anybody mad.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It's has to be hard enough just competing at the Olympic level. The media has talked about her consistently for weeks and has put a ton of pressure on her to essentially carry the U.S. Gymnastics team to victory. Not to mention, constantly being sexualized when she's trying to focus on the sport. I wouldn't blame her for cracking, just saying "fuck it" and walking away.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure there is a female athlete with more attention and sponsorship than she has right now. If Nike wanted more than to just virtue signal they’d cut her alternate the same check as they do her.

Edit: Didn’t see the pressure talk. Gymnastics is notoriously insane as far as competition pressures put on them at crazy young ages. Diet and health pressures, retarded practice schedules.

I totally got that golfer who peaced out of press conferences. Fuck that noise.

#98 Kubla Kahn, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  19. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I love the Olympics. I know the IOC is corrupt beyond belief, but I still get really excited to watch these amazing athletes compete.

From what I read, Biles bowed out because she wasn't in the right mental state and didn't want her missteps to affect the team. Looks like she'll still be back to compete in individual events.

I'd also just like to say that it's complete bullshit they're underscoring her skills. To undervalue the GOAT because they're afraid other gymnasts will be injured? Please. She raised the bar, and if they can't meet it, that's on them, not her.

20. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

North Coast BC we are sitting at 91% humidity, only 13c/56f so not to bad, but later in the day it will suck balls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.