Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] TOKYO 2020/2021 OLYMPICS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On the subject of Christian music - at my job, we rotate through Sirius stations, as voted on by the staff. There's a bunch of late 30's/early 40's women who gang up and vote for "The Message," which is like continuous worship music.
    Not Christian Rock, but just modern worship music for contemporary services.

Now, I am a Christian. I love Jesus. And Jesus loves me, this I know.
    But I fucking HATE listening to The Message. It offends me as a songwriter and a musician, because I could shit out songs equally as good as what I hear.
    Also, it bothers me as an employee, because it doesn't motivate me to work at all. I want upbeat. I want something SNAPPY.

There's two songs that come on that always make me roll my eyes. One has the hook "Good God Almighty." I would bet money that songwriter lives in Nashville.
    The second is a direct rip-off of "Sister Christian."

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Say whatever you like... but the harsh reality hits a wee bit closer to home, no?

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

the still being extremely heat sensitive and weird weight gains and losses have me convinced it’s a permanent thing and that long covid won’t ever be “solved,” but beyond that I’m not terribly concerned. People’s bodies are a lot more powerful, and resilient, than they realize. The surgery certainly did just as much damage to me, and though it took years to recover, I eventually did.

so no, I’m not worried about it. I’ll be fine.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Oh my, that hits home. I've especially developed the "Difficulty finding the right word", it's become a constant irritant over the past year...it happens multiple times a day, I'll have to stop mid sentence while I struggle to find the word I want to use. Sometimes I never find it and have to work to plug some other word in so I can continue.

7. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My favorite Christian rock band.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Of course the one thunderstorm in Texas happens on a trailer park

I’m not fucking with charcoal again. Anyone know of a good portable propane griddle?

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Get a Camp Chef and throw a regular griddle on that?

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me too, and I’ve never had COVID. It’s called old.

My daughters friend and a one of the guys in my neighborhood both had COVID in January and both still have near complete loss of taste and smell.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

They say men see boobs everywhere, but I have proof that babies see them everywhere too. My toddler tried to suckle these bad boys.

Screenshot_20210727-182954.png

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe they just look more appealing than yours? Post comparison photos.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

16. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When I had long Covid, I once forgot where I lived for like half an hour.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get Simone Biles bailing if she’s in a legit mental crisis. Not too knock her personally but it is disappointing in that ultimate competitor mindset the Olympics exemplify. For the ultimate best on the planet competition you want to see the Michael Jordan playing with 116* temperature mindset.

I will say the first breathless 5 page piece calling her a hero a few hours after she withdrew got tiring real quick. The ’much hero, so brave’ reporting is just eye rollingly bad.

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Would they call Brady a hero if he quit halfway through the Superbowl citing the pressure of being called the GOAT was too much?

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find it really bad too when I see a bunch of doughy losers on Twitter/internet shitting on her for being “weak”. Like Matt Walsh has ever accomplished anything notable in his life.

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the same person who won world competitions with broken toes and kidney stones, spends her entire life dedicated to an absolutely grueling physical sport, and then deals with the pressures of the media on top of that, and has gracefully handled all of those things for years. So let's set the baseline of her toughness there and assume that it's most likely that she didn't think, "tee hee, I'm distracted by that boy in the audience so I think I'll bow out of one of the biggest competitions of my life."

If, in her personal judgement as the absolute top competitor in her sport, she was not going to be able to execute at a high level, then she did the right thing for her team. This wasn't an individual competition, it was a team competition where they could drop exactly one score. And I think it's an absolute farce that literally anyone in the world except maybe her coach feels like they're in a place to second guess that decision.

I feel that the comparisons to Tom Brady or Michael Jordan or whatever are ridiculous. This isn't a multi-hour competition with a thousand reps to get back in there and keep trying. There's no chance to get your head right, or settle into a groove. You get one shot - sometimes fractions of a second to execute things that, often times, nobody else in the world is doing. And I don't agree that competitive drive has to be wholly at odds with good decision making, either, which many athletes forget.

This is putting aside the consideration that maybe society as a whole is really shitty at considering mental health to be as important as physical health, and that decisions like this should be made more often, but for everyone pointing their fingers and screaming "WEAK! YOU'RE WEAK!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.