Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] WEAR RED DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I get that they are trying to monitize, I just wish there was a better way. The skip to recipe button makes it a non-issue for me these days. I wonder if it registers as a full scroll down with that button.

I have a couple sites I use along with random googling or Allrecipes. I like Serious Eats and Sally's Baking Addiction. Serious eats has a page that explains technique, suitable substitutions, why they do things a certain way, followed by a page that contains the recipe and simple instructions. Sally's Baking Addiction has info along with the recipe and it's written well enough to the point that the info isn't overly long but very helpful. Random googled recipes turn up a few good oddballs, and Allrecipes usually has a lot of user submitted reviews and tips that can be helpful.

#21 bewildered, Feb 4, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  2. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, this is my last weekend being a dad of one. C-section Tuesday is coming up and I'll have a son.

I've been so busy with work that I'm not really mentally prepared, so should be an interesting week next week.

Any advice for number two with a 5.5yr old already running around?

3. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unfortunately I failed to plan ahead for the ice storm and have no hard alcohol in the house. I should have stocked up last night but I was busy drinking at the neighbor’s garage, and hell I can’t be everywhere at once. So I’ll have to eat the last of my edibles and drink boxed wine and hope for the best.

4. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As the dad, your sole duty for the next 2-3 months is going to be entertaining the 5.5 year old. Sometimes that will be by allowing them to "play" with the new baby, but more often than not it'll be keeping them away from mom and baby so they can maintain some semblance of a routine, but most importantly it's going to be so that they don't feel 'forgotten' with the new baby.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Correct! You, of course, can cut up a fresh onion and add that. But, since this is the quick and easy version (no prep!), you just grab the jar off the spice rack and sprinkle in that 1/2 tsp.

upload_2022-2-4_18-34-52.png

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

"yes ma'am"

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

-It’s not twice as hard as the first, it’s 5x as hard. But it’s still 100% worth it.

-Your first is going to hate the second until suddenly they don’t. Could take a month or so for them to get used to it.

-Just do whatever your wife asks. She’s going to be chronically more exhausted than you.

Good luck.

8. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So as a totally under qualified person to have an opinion on this… when I was a nanny, sometimes mom would have me come over just to watch the new baby (even when she was still on maternity leave) and use that time to do special things with her older kiddo. Make a favorite meal together, go to the park, whatever. That way big sister didn’t feel like mom was totally gone/inaccessible all of a sudden, and I think it really helped with her transition to big-sister-hood.

9. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All great points raised so far. Thanks for weighing in.

We had such a hard time with our first right after she was born that even if this time is a little bit easier, it'll feel like night and day. We came home to a small apartment with very little natural light, my wife was dealing with serious postpartum anxiety and not getting any help for it, and money was tight, adding to the overall stress.

This time around we have our house with plenty of space, my wife has the therapist at her OB practice prepped and ready and also won't be putting as much pressure on herself with breastfeeding (which was really hard with my daughter), and not that money solves everything, but it does solve some things. I've quadrupled my income. We plan on getting a Freshly subscription to help with meals for a little while, among other things.

I fully expect that it will not be easy at all and the big sister dynamic with my daughter will be a new and nuanced thing to navigate. But we are set up so that things could be easier, and we're a little more self aware this time around to help us help ourselves.

Now you all can sit back and wait until I come back with the "dear God, what have I done" update. That, and the impending, "bring on the vasectomy" declaration.

10. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I need to get on the “quadrupled my income” plan, I’d sign on for another kid no problem.

Speaking of income, I work in a “hard to fill” position at work, we have 18 openings and average less than 1 applicant every four weeks.

Because of this they’ve finally authorized a 5 percent increase in hourly wages and a 2k retention bonus paid out at 1k every 6 months. I’m certainly not complaining, being that I’m a shift leader that 5 percent was a decent raise after my yearly 3 percent review raise.

Here’s my dilemma, there are currently 4 supervisor spots open, they are salary positions - they didn’t raise salary pay because they don’t classify as “hard to fill”. Shift leads now make more than supervisors and are still eligible for OT, of which I average 6 hours a week.

I have an excellent shot at the open supervisor slot on my shift, I’m doing the job now as it is and the manager likes me. So if I’m offered the job and no raise to go along with it I’m turning it down flat, but if there open to a raise I’m stumped as to what to ask for being that I’m already paid more than the highest paid supervisor currently.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Inflation was 7% in 2021. If you didn't get at least that, you got a pay cut.

12. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At a minimum, I would calculate what your expected annual "salary" is currently (including what you expect OT to be as part of that) and tell them that is what you want for a starting salary if you take the job.

Also, are supervisors typically working OT hours? Because if so, keep in mind that you're not only no longer getting paid for any OT hours if you're fully salaried, you're essentially lowering your hourly wage.

13. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah supervisors are 40 hours and out, unless a weather event happens and then you’d just get time off hour for hour of any OT you worked.

And yeah I’m aware of the inflation thing, we get 3 percent a year, every year - downside of a government job, one of the very few downsides at my job.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

i'm going to see the new jackass movie in about a bit and I'm way too excited

15. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Bonus points if you get carried out of the Movie Theater by the EMT's

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

man that was a great movie. Only part that sucked is when my wife and I realized we were now older than everyone working in the theater. We were some of the youngest we saw in the Jackass showing though.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Got money to burn? This just sold for $476,000
    wag.PNG

Then again, it was a relative bargain compared to a 2020 Bowman Chrome Prospects Autographs Superfractor Jasson Dominguez card (numbered 1/1) that sold for $474,000.

Dominguez is a 19 year old Yankee prospect. He's accumulated a robust .256 average in 206 at bats in Rookie and A Ball.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's nearly 10% of the cost to acquire Dominguez himself.

19. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So is my giant box of cards from ‘88 to ‘94 worth anything yet?

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Kindling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.