Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] WHISKEY SOUR DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That dude is either packing or he is the funniest most charming motherfucker on Earth. And he still couldn't hold on to her. Shoot your shot, player.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just like Kevin Eastman and Julie Strain.

3. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You ain't kidding.

Attached Files:

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's currently dating a camera operator. It feels like she's the kind of girl who doesn't even acknowledge physical attractiveness or wealth, she just makes all her dating decisions based on the vibe when you hang out.

5. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or just a case of low self-esteem.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

She was the poster girl for Heavy Metal, and he created Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, then became editor of Heavy Metal.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

We're all in agreement that Bob Dylan sucks ass, right?

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yes. Other people do a good job singing some of his songs, and he's a hell of a songwriter, but I'm not a fan of his performances.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

florida about to get thunderfucked

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Always remember that she came on to him when he lined up for her autograph.

Really.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I had a friend who was desperate to see him live because of that shitty and stupid hipster following towards him who still regard him as the epitome of cool, despite the fact he was popular 40 years before they were born.

I warned him— go NOT go see that lazy, miserable fuck in concert. He won’t play a single song you like, he won’t acknowledge or even FACE the crowd, he’ll play for 45 minutes and then fuck off. Which is EXACTLY what he did. He stood at the very side of the stage, faced the other side and played some Hawaiian jazz bullshit for six or seven songs. No encore, thanks for your money.

I saw him here in town because Foo Fighters were opening for him with an incredible acoustic guitar set of their hits. It made up for the fact I had to tolerate Dylan’s anemic, nonsensical and shitty music afterwards.

He fucking sucks. Stick to writing.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The type of dementia my grandfather has dramatically impacted his speech. We helplessly watched him decline to point where a string of words was basically just a single slur with spaces in the middle to take a breath. He progressed rapidly after that until he was just sitting in a chair in his nursing home just silently staring off into space, while occasionally lashing out at his caregivers because he didn't understand what was happening around him. It was heartbreaking to watch someone I looked up to that was always full of laugh and laughter decline to essentially being a mannequin with a heartbeat and brain activity. Even with as heartbreaking as that was to witness, I'd rather have listened to him recite Shakespeare than listen to Bob Dylan sing anything.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There are better ways….,

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

…to add, playing guitar and harmonica at the same time is fucking lame, even when cool people do it. It always sounds shitty and you look like a huge asshole while doing it.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I remember watching some David Letterman special or something where he was a guest singer, and the World's most Dangerous Band had a bunch of guest players in it, like Steve Vai, and when Dylan came out to sing Rolling Stone, he could hardly stand he was so stoned.

During the song, the keyboardist and backing vocals looked both entertained and confused because they couldn't understand a word of what he was saying, and were having problems listening for their cues, and Vai was laughing his ass of with the guys around him.

It was one of the best unintendedly comedic skits of Letterman's career.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That keyboardist was Carole King, lol. The musician list was bananas:

Chrissie Hynde, guitar
    Syd McGuinness, guitar
    Steve Vai, guitar
    Carole King, piano
    Paul Schaffer, keyboards
    James Brown, horn
    Edgar Winter, horn
    Doc Severinsen, trumpet
    Will Lee, bass
    Anton Fig & Jim Keltner, drums

Roseanne Cash, Nancy Griffith, Emmylou Harris, Michelle Shocked, Mavis Staples doing backing vocals

And, then Bob Dylan ruined it all with his singing and guitar. "Like A Rolling Stone" is a fantastic song, but this is a terrible version.

One of the really funny things about that night that you didn't mention is Dave's intro. A lot of people know what a dick Dave can be, and as a former standup, he has a lot of caustic wit that he'll bury and bring out in little side jabs (like Norm Macdonald could do so well). If you listen to Dave, he very casually says something about Bob Dylan last appearing on the show back in 1984 and mentions the exact date. That was this performance:

During that performance, Bob Dylan had the wrong harmonica. (If you've played, you know that they come in different keys - you can't just play every note on any harmonica.) So, he goes to get the harmonica and plays and realizes its the wrong key. So, then he spends a couple minutes fucking around, trying to get another harmonica. The band keeps on jamming. He finally gets the correct key and plays. Now, keep in mind, that TV show has a tight edit. So, what was supposed to be 3 1/2 minutes, Dylan has now made into a 5+ minute garage band jam. So, as a producer, Dave's losing money. Either they cut something else, or lose commercial revenue or whatever.

So, now it's years later and Dave references the harmonica night performance and says "for all of us it was a very exciting night," which means "we were all pretty pissed at Dylan," who likely has no clue. Then here comes ol' Bobby:

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I did not realize the history there... lol

Hilarious.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My God... the comment section in that original video are all retarded... "great job" "handled the problem like real pros"... lol

Uhh... a "real pro" would have the correct gear ready to go. What a gong show.

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Todays wordle, took me all 6 tries, 3 green on the first line. No being stupide and using the same grey letter twice.

upload_2023-8-28_8-55-19.png

20. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That 10th anniversary clip was just embarrassing to watch. I can't imagine having to be on stage that night, smiling and pretending it's some great moment. And people just clap and cheer. Crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.